Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
CUT IT OUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
oh, i guess that's why you called me.

160 points for a ws3 close combat mc with a 5+ save, no movement options, and a 30% chance of not being able to function on its own turn lol

and what's the other one? a 205 point zoanthrope replacement but worse in every conceivable way? stellar.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

xtothez posted:

a Dimachaeron

you made that up

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

fw made a deathleaper? holy poo poo that's really detailed even if the claws and armor are hideous. got any other angles?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

NTRabbit posted:

Bit bigger than a Deathleaper I believe

oh holy poo poo that looks terrible

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ignite Memories posted:

It's really kind of astounding how ugly and generic the newer monstrous creatures look. I just can't understand where the inspiration went - like they're totally out of gribblies and now all they can do is photoshop them around, make certain gribblies bigger. It's like they're trying to make a giant-oval-base-sized version of every tyranid that already exists.

this is literally all modern gw design, though? all the new kits reek of cargo cult modelers just kind of oddly copy-pasting pieces of other models (actual copy-pasting in the case of the promo photos) because they think it's the "40k look" without any hint of original or critical thought. see: centurions, orkanauts, dreadknight, taurox, every new tyranid since 4th edition, the new space wolf tennis shoe plane

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
no, you idiots. the idea is that literally any activity in existence has been called "fun" by somebody. people mutilate themselves, eat literal poo poo, send death threats to random women, post on dakkadakka, watch honey boo-boo, and kill black people because it's "fun"

the word is loving meaningless. even worse is that you use it as an excuse to cover up for terrible rules. X army has a book full of units that commit suicide and are incredibly useless? it's okay because we're forging a narrative of FUN, leave your standards at the door of the gw store

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
hey so this big $110+ model that's coming out that doesn't have enough dice to fire its primary psychic attack even once out of its max 3 times might look like complete unplayable poo poo but trust me when i say that it's fun as hell to be frustrated by an expensive but intentionally non-functional unit

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
why

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Von Humboldt posted:

You are like the shittiest Daemon (or Candyman, or Bloody Mary, etc) dude. Anyways, GW is forcing Tyranid players to cut off their own dicks.

nigga deadass stop pressin me you bitches brought me here

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Somebody called me into the thread earlier. Here's my perspective.

Can my genestealers take feeder tendrils, implant attacks, or enhanced carapaces?
Can my warriors take spinefists, fleshborers, enhanced carapaces, or leaping?
Can my carnifexes use 2 guns as was standard for a decade? Can they take rending claws, deathspitters, chitin, carapace, or enhanced senses?
Can I take flesh hooks on any of my non-character units? When will I be allowed to use the grenade rules again?
What about the Parasite of Mortex? Can I take that?
Can I take Ymgarl Stealers?

Is there a formation or DLC pack that lets me use my now illegal 4000 points of army?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Phrosphor posted:

Is there a GW FFG thread like there is an FFG Star Wars thread? Been playing a load of Forbidden Stars recently and was looking to discuss it a bit.

Forbidden Stars belongs in the Board Game thread. There's no need to be such a unique snowflake.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Cataphract posted:

what the gently caress are you doing here? I didn't smell a tyranid release.

I got this confused with the other thread.

Ultramega posted:

Are you mean because your life is lovely?

Yes.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
why

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
are you loving kidding me how the hell did i think this was the death thread,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
fwiw i'm not banned from this thread, i just don't give a poo poo about bad games.

if nids are good again, i have a few i can sell you.

• Locked thread