Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

spacegoat posted:

Kinda like how they went through that period of not drawing anything that wasn't represented by or posed like a miniature you could buy.

never forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Zark the Damned posted:

Dude for my homebrew chapter.

Is... is that Crozius the bridge statute from an Imperial battleship? :stare:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
In my head Marines are both male and female but just call each other "brother" because all the Primarchs (that we know of) were dudes and they're just cargo-culting that poo poo

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Forge world exclusive, £25 for 10 boob plates for your space marines

Except they'll be for only one side, you'll have to get a left side set and a right side set and hope that they aren't too warped :ohdear:

Also available in Chapter/Legion livery.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Creepy Goat posted:

Is there any substantial difference between the plastic MKiii and MKiv models from GW vs Forge World? I've built tons of resin MKiv before, but drat if the price isn't attractive on the plastics.

Yeah, they unfortunately suffer from the GW Power Squat (TM, C) and the feet on the Mk IV legs somehow manage to point in the same direction. If posing isn't a worry then they are by far the easiest way to get those amour marks.

E: also the thighs of the plastics are noticeably thicker than their resin counterparts

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 26, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

SRM posted:

I just figured it was because after gene therapy they all sound like Hulk Hogan.

:same: but Randy Savage

I should get rerolls in challenges if I cut an awesome promo on the enemy commander before deployment

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Three Chapter Masters?! We only HAVE three- Dante, Seth, and Phoros (And the Lamenters weren't there!). And don't tell me they were just nameless generic Chapter Masters because Blood Angels can't even field those. Yeah, I'm still salty about that.

...Can we at least get our Reclusiarchs back?

Come play 30K where Sanguinius is still alive and BA are stylin' bad rear end motherfuckers

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I would never play 30k!

....as loyalist scum

Good man. Kinda want to do traitor BAngels now.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

serious gaylord posted:

Alan Bligh died this morning.

Come and mourn with us in the 30k thread :(

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Chain fists only do 2 damage :cripes:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So the fluff section in the Death Guard list talks about a core of Plague Marines and Terminators trudging forwards through a horde of flies.

Terminators are not in the list of things that can have the Death Guard keyword.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

S.J. posted:

A Wraithknight with his basic guns is a little over 500 points and I think I'm okay with that?

600 with cannon and sword :getin:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Endman posted:

I'm putting together a Leman Russ Battle Tank - what hull weapon should I give it and should I bother with sponsons/what kind?

Welcome to the wonderful world of neodymium magnets.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

HardCoil posted:

Is there seriously no difference between a guy and a dreadnought carrying a heavy weapon?

Oh gently caress me, are all Dreadnoughts at -1 to hit with their heavy weapons if they moved?

e: And Knights too?

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 1, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Because points were an afterthought.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

MonsterEnvy posted:

They are 15 points each.

Seeing this got me curious about how many different names they came up with for Deep Strike across the books. There are 23, without counting the ones that have extra disembarkation rules or a restriction to first turn.

e:
  • Teleport Strike
  • Raptor Strike
  • Jump Pack Assault
  • Meteoric Descent
  • Aid Unlooked For
  • Aerial Drop
  • Skystrike
  • Independent Operative
  • Hunters From Hyperspace
  • Haunting Horrors
  • Master(s) of Stealth
  • Cry of the Wind
  • Children of Bharroth
  • From Out of the Shadows
  • Winged Strike
  • Kunnin' Infiltrator(s)
  • Manta Strike
  • Plunge From The Sky
  • Hidden Hunters
  • Death From Below
  • Bombardment Organism

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 2, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

RagnarokAngel posted:

This is actually way easier to understand as opposed to the dozen or so ways to come in from reserve in the old edition so you're a moron.

Ways to come in from reserve in 7th Ed

• Your table edge
  • Deep Strike
  • Outflank

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I guess I'm just an old fashioned ham that likes the flavor text to stay in the bestiary and the rules in the army list.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

WhiteOutMouse posted:

While we are at it, did any of those 23 words apply to demons? Demons not being able to deepstrike is a big change. Now those bloodletters or whatever have to hoof it across the board. I guess I can save their points and try and summon them instead, but that has a mortal-wound risk... More choices and risk/reward now. Interesting I suppose.

No, the only way to Deep Strike daemons is to summon them via Daemonic Ritual. Which has its own problems because you summon 3D6 power points worth of Daemons.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They really should have continued the tradition and called the Storm Raven Land's Raven.

:colbert:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Tabletop Tactics have their first 8th batrep up if you have a spare 2 and a half hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGLqw2kRXeM

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Warhammer 40K 8th Edition: The streamlined road to disappointment

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Thundercloud posted:

And the two lost legions.

Dark Imperium has a timejump of 112 years and starts at the end of the Indomitus Crusade. In that time Guilliman is able to survive without his armour, the biglys are distributed to the existing chapters, you find out that the biglys were taken from aspirants of the 9 loyalist legions during the Scouring at Guillimans order, so they have also woken up 10,000 years after their childhood, and Guilliman is getting really frustrated with the High Lords etc and their desire to hold on to their power.

Guilliman is promoting good people he can find into power where he can, and is facing resistance from an entrenched bureaucracy.

Cool but what happened to the HPG relays

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Soulfucker posted:

I'm surprised there were this many nid players in this thread to begin with.

They've all been playing other armies for the last few years.

Also, would it be worth doing a banner and blurb for 30K and linking it to the current thread? Staying in 7th and eventually going to 7.5 will take the Horus Heresy from being a 40K add-on to a wholly different game.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Geoff Zahn posted:

Not currently - I had a mock-up of how I planned to do them years ago, but I haven't touched my guys in a long, long time. I'll base the champion if I have time this week and post it.

In the meantime, if someone else has fully painted & based Death Guard models feel free to step in!

I've got Death Guard but in the wrong era:

:getin:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Zaphod42 posted:

Bases are overrated. I like using plain black bases as "shadows".

I think its super weird if all your guys are on snow bases but you're fighting on a desert field. And I have lots of high quality gaming mats and terrain that I like to swap around.

Look at this wrong opinion. Bases are like a frame for your models: how you do them can completely change the look and feel of the model on them. Unfinished bases just look and feel incomplete. If you don't want them to clash with your gaming surface, even clear perspex would work better than bare black.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
C'mon Hrud

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

spacegoat posted:

Played a game last night and we had a hard time understanding the cover rules. It reads to us like you only get cover if you're in it, but not behind it. Is that right? Like, if I'm shooting through a wood youn don't get poo poo but if you're COMPLETELY inside it (and infantry) you do?

Also, if I've got a 20 man squad behind LoS blocking terrain but one dude is visible, can my opponent theoretically wipe out all 20 with a single salvo of good shooting due to that one dude?

I'd like to know this too. Seeing as though there's no more movement penalties for going through it and no advantage to fighting behind it, f it doesn't hard block line of sight is there any benefit to cover in 8th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Ah good we're already up to the "if you have any criticisms you must hate 40k" stage :allears:

• Locked thread