Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Lord Twisted posted:

But GW seem to be slowly throttling everything outside of the physical models themselves.

Hollismason posted:

Just disappointed.
It also makes no sense.

Welcome to the last ten years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Okay then.

e:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

SRM posted:

You. You are my kind of ham. These look dope. What's next for the retro bugs?

Depends on how badly AusPost wants to gently caress him over for shipping to the US :v:

e: Rough count is 1 old Tyrant, 2 Eggs-On-Legs, 3 old Lictors, 7 old Gargoyles, most of 2 metal Warriors and about two dozen purple Stealers.

ee:

quote:

And, finally, one last guy who is still a work in progress - needs a grenade in that hand, for example, and I might greenstuff some more details. I don't really know what to field him as in my army lists, but I truly hope some of you recognize the character.

Counts-as Marb-

Oh.

Ohh.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 19, 2014

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

HiveCommander posted:

I think it's T9 that becomes immune to S4, since it's traditionally been over double toughness before things become unwoundable. In 4th Carnifexen could be tooled to have immunity to IG in close combat unless they had a Powerfist, and then they needed 5s :getin:

Yeah its not double, its 3 steps up for 5+, 6+, 6+.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So wait, not only are Assault squads no longer Troops but BA have no way of taking Tactical squads with bolt pistol & CCW? Bahahahaha :cawg:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
GW are garbage.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

so I haven't really played since early 6th ed., before dataslates and formations and all that poo poo was introduced.

How do I even go about building a list these days?

You don't, and go play X-Wing instead.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Slimnoid posted:

Warhammer 40k: Go play X-Wing instead

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Hollismason posted:

Do you have any more stencils or a place you recommend. I'm specifically looking for flame stencils.

Make your own from transparent sheets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y6TlMIYXWw

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

MasterSlowPoke posted:

His name is Bear Bearbear?

Ursus Bearbjorn

e: damnit, joke was made in the earlier post

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

xtothez posted:

You're lucky you have a tournament to motivate you. This is what you end up with if there aren't any events to push things along: :gbsmith:

Bet you're finished first!

Although to put things in perspective, I started renovating my entire Tyranid collection last Xmas in preparation for the new codex. Everything in this list list has either been re-based, tidied up or fully painted since then:

What was this application again?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

panascope posted:

This is kanban, isn't it?

Cheers.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Went out and bought some hams on the cheap for the first time in like 2 years. Figured after playing for just over 20 years I should knuckle down and actually have a painted army at some point. Not in it for playing right now, so freed of the shackles of needing to have what's hot this edition I can put together the Ultramarines V Company in peace and at my own pace.

First step - Fun with magnets:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
e: ^^^ Don't feel too bad, I've got literally a hundred Marines and about 60 Guardsmen in various stages of assembly and undercoat.

AbusePuppy posted:

The best way to do this would've been to make his head magnetized as well so that he can pull a Headless Horseman and throw it at some rear end in a top hat during overwatch.

I haven't glued it yet. Don't tempt me.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
From memory Horus manipulated things behind the scenes to make sure that the Legions that would fall into line with him would spend a year or two being supplied with the latest and greatest of everything while others were sent off to the middle of nowhere to fight long and grueling campaigns. So while everyone had access to MkIV armour the Sons of Horus would be able to outfit pretty much their whole battle line with it while other Legions would only be able to outfit a Chapter or two with everyone else using worn out MkIII and II suits. MkV emerged from 10 years of cobbling together whatever was still operational to use as a suit, using molecular bonding studs to uparmour older pieces and cannibalizing unused Terminator armour helmets for distribution to the rank and file.

MkVI was being developed with the assistance of the XIX Legion and had very limited production when the Heresy broke out (at the time of development it was designated MkV), and MkVII was being finalised literally on the transports fleeing the invasion of Mars. The big aquilas on the chest would make it easier to spot loyalist from traitor as they were only being made on Terra and issued to the Legionnaires defending the planet.

There's no in-game effect on the tabletop, but in the RPGs each mark has its own quirks, advantages and disadvantages and can inspire or cause dread and suspicion depending on the mark and the person you're talking to.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 2, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Vale Two Feet's Tyranid hopes and dreams

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

SRM posted:

It'll be REALLY hard not to start 30k Ultras. I have ideas for how I could incorporate them into 40k and my Valhallans as allies, but that's gonna be an atomic wallet bomb.

I thought I'd be safe for at least a year but then they moved Calth up to before Prospero and :ohdear:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
eBay for the former, and eBay to get parts to convert the latter. The las/plas turret used to come with the old metal Razorback in 2E.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Actually don't worry too much about the las/plas, they don't really mesh well together and you're better off with the twin-linked turrets.

e: you're even betterer off leaving the turret mounting loose so you can swap it over to a Rhino at will.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 8, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Uroboros posted:

Got any recommendations? I originally had zero intention of doing them, since I got a shitload to paint still.

Consider bases as a part of the model insofar as if they are incomplete then the model is incomplete. The sooner you start doing that the sooner you get used to it being a part of the process and the less of a hassle it will be. Making awesome bases is just as much fun as coming up with awesome poses.

You could try with the usual sand and flock, or grab some slate or cork and start looking around at basic urban bases. Just think of the kind of tables you usually play on or where you picture your dudes fighting and go from there.

e: and yeah, doing them as you go is a lot better than ripping 50 guys off bases and doing them all at once.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 9, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Hollismason posted:

Ugh what was the 2nd edition rules for Thousand Sons, I cannot for the life of me remember. I thought they had rules in 2nd edition.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Forgot to include Daemonic Vulnerabilities and Immunities:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Elrond Hubbard posted:

Didn't they have rules in the Chaos book where they got sweet bolter ammo? I vaguely remember taking them because they were relatively better than the average Chaos marine at shooting poo poo up.

Nah, not in 2E.

Tzeentch Sorcerers could get Inferno Bolts though:

e: For completeness:

quote:

Tzeentch’s Fire Storm
Force 3, Range 24”
Strikes the first model in a straight-line path from the user within range. Place the Firestorm template (2” radius) over the affected target. Every model touched by the template suffers an S5 hit with no armour save possible. Vehicles touched by the template suffer an S5 hit to one randomly determined crewman. For every 3 Wounds inflicted by the Firestorm, a Pink Horror is created.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 15, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Man, I forgot that Genestealers used to be WS7 S6 I7 A4.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I still remember that brief shining moment where the White Dwarf leaked and as part of showing off the new kits someone put together a heavy flamer Marine specifically for his tactical squad. Hope blinded us to the long realised fact that these clowns don't know their own game. At all.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
You did get a bonus for multiple combatants. For each opponent a model faces after the first in the one CC phase the enemy would get to roll an extra die and add 1 to their final score. Of course with how long even a single combat would take, you wouldn't see this past 2 or 3 guys too often.

Fun fact: the Gauntlets of Ultramar let you ignore this. Calgar could wade in to a squad of Genestealers by his lonesome and slaughter them all in one turn.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
That's the one where Tycho fails his Ld check against the ork psyker's attack and dies on T1, isn't it?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Post 9-11 User posted:

Someone say there's no points creep in 40k so I can post some scans of rulebooks that have 40 point Space Marine Bikers and 35 point Eldar Jetbikes (those figures could be wrong and are an approximation because my brain is a networked core of seven hundred cicada cerebrums).

Ultramarine bikes were 47 ppm and Eldar jetbikes were 31 ppm with 36 for a Shrieker :v:

e: Blood Claw bikes were 46 and Ravenwing were 55(!)

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 17, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

AbusePuppy posted:

Other than the icons of a profoundly racist regime that are still worshipped by many hate groups they are not that bad, is what you're saying.

But enough about the United States.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

The Deredeo pattern Dreadnought is a dedicated heavy support frame, though it shares many core components and systems with the more general assault-based Contemptor class. Initially deployed in limited numbers to each of the Legions due to difficulties in its manufacture, its durability and firepower saw demand for the Deredeo pattern dramatically increase after the outbreak of the Horus Heresy.

The Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought is a multi-part resin kit which includes the sarcophagus-mounted heavy bolters or heavy flamer options and an 80mm plastic base. This model is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Friday January 30th. Experimental rules using the Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought in games of Warhammer 40,000 and the Horus Heresy can be found here.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Looks like it. So now we have 25, 25x70, 30 clear, 32, 40, 50, 55 clear, 60, 80, 90x120 and 100x160.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Plasma annihilators :getin:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Apparently this is the C'tan table:

quote:

All powers are 24" except the Tesseract Vault which has a range of 48". Tesseract Vault powers are are the same strength and ap, but longer ranged and other changes noted below.

1. Powers of the C'tan
Antimatter Meteor -S8 AP3 lg blast
-Tesseract Vault Apoc Blast

2. Cosmic Fire - S6 AP4 lg blast ignores cover
-Tesseract Vault Apoc blast ignores cover

3. Seismic Assault - S6 AP4 assault 10 strikedown
-Tesseract Vault Assault 20 strikedown

4. Sky of Falling Stars - S7 AP4 assault 3 lg blast barrage
-Tesseract Vault assault 6 apoc barrage

5. Time's Arrow - SD AP1 precision shot
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 precision shots

6. Transdimensional Thunderbolt -S9 AP1 Tesla
-Tesseract Vault assault 2 Tesla

*Tesla: When firing this weapon a to hit roll of 6 causes 2 extra hits. Snap shots dont do extra hits.

e: Decurion stuff:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 24, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Not sure if I like the hook at that angle. Looks awkward. I love the idea of a treasure chest, but not sure how to pull it off.

Hook up makes him look beckoning and grasping, down makes him look menacing which his staff already does. I think it works better up.

Treasure chest should just be a Scarab with its wings lifted to reveal pearls and gems stored inside. He's just got one of them like that but everyone thinks all of his Scarabs are full of booty and keep trying to take them so he's become incredibly paranoid and possessive over the years.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Meta-marketing.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

So.... just like Tyranids?

Except people aren't gobsmacked when you win a game.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I love your articles on 3++ AP but the thing I took away from this podcast was "Welcome to the first episode! (*bark bark*)"

I don't know if its Skype or the software you're using to record but there seems to be a definite problem with the levels. Talking over each other happens naturally when things are unscripted but the software seems to be muting some microphones whenever others talk which makes things really pronounced. I'm not an audio engineer either but just poke around in your settings and experiment.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ijyt posted:

The Tomb Awakened box is sold out, didn't realise it was a limited stock item. :ohdear:

Really? Isn't it just existing frames thrown into the one box?

The site shows all the infantry on 32mm bases as well. If they're moving over to them I'd rather they actually tell us.

• Locked thread