Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

For roughly 5 minutes a week I get to be truly happy

At my expense.

Next week we're going to do faction previews like those idiots over at Frontline do for Warhammer Community. Which factions would you guys like to see previewed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Pawl posted:

Is GW giving you guys previews or are you just talking about the changes revealed thus far?

If it's the former then I want lots of information about Tyranids. Carnifexes and Tervigons in particular.

They're still not as Ultra as Custodes though

Good question. No. We are going to be making fun of Reece and Frankie from Frontline with very porrly written and stupid faction previews for the sake of comedy.

Here's me shouting "NO!" from the last Badcast:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyvvt75dbjhnixt/NO.mp3?dl=0

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

muggins posted:

We just uploaded episode two of Combined Arms Podcast - we talked a bunch about Shadow War Armageddon. Check it out!

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/combinedarms/episodes/2017-05-16T11_43_49-07_00

This is a good podcast. Geoff is a cool dude, even though he hates everything. There was a point at Adepticon where him, me, SRM, Carl, and Aaron from the ICs were hanging out and Carl and I were agreeing about music (he has very good taste) and Geoff was trashing everything we liked. It was hilarious.

Did we hang out at Adepticon?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

GreenMarine posted:

I bought a MacroMat cos the 40k Badcast says they are good.

What do you think? Good?

Those are the first two shots I took and I think they are amazing. Sun has almost set, but with full sunlight I bet I can make something really nice.

poo poo looks tight. Try to account for all that blue and you're there.

SRM posted:

People would be pissed if they outright said the existing Marine armies were getting squatted though, and saying "We'll be replacing all Marines with Primaris Marines in X amount of time would tank the sales of half of the 40k range.

This is a rare occasion where SRM and I do not agree. Truescale Marines are tight, and (as a guy who has a Marine army) if GW replaced all current Marines with Bigmarines tomorrow, I'd not only be ok with it, I'd welcome it.

That being said, I am not in the middle of a Marine project, and I would love to the opportunity to replace all of my Raven Guard with bigger, cooler, models. I get that people working right now might feel left out. I remember feeling lovely when Forge World came out with Raven Guard upgrade sets about a month after I was "done" with my RG. The new Deathwatch marines and the new Thousand Sons are proof of how cool "bigmarines" can look, and I'm all for an update.

I have a feeling that we're going to have a lot to talk about in Badcast 10.

The Sex Cannon fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 19, 2017

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

SRM posted:

Beakies are at the bottom of the Space Marine helmet pile, but they're still okay. Exception is when they're on Raven Guard or Alpha Legion.

you're off the podcast

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

SRM posted:

Finally, I could ally my Valhallans with my Blood Axes and fulfill my dream of running two infantry hordes at once

This kills the hobbyist.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Good morning everyone.

I hope everybody's having a nice day so far.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

S.J. posted:

Do we actually know that, though?

I think that's what the Index books are for. All of the armies will get stats and points for all current units.

I like the Bumblemarines :colbert:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Fight me.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Just a reminder that you can block people who you don't care to hear from.

:vomarine:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I'm near certain your drunk on anime and booze right now.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Any Death Guard Players over there want to go halfsies on Dark Imperium?

I'm likin' those Primaris fellas.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I am tempted. Craig and I are each buying one to double down on one side. Our store did a 20% off if we ordered before 6/1, so this is when preorder makes sense, 128$ for the set is a nice price...
I am not sure if I need 3 sets of the monopose deathguard or if I should wait for more poses like people are talking about. I also have 26 of the older metal guys. I was going to sell them in prep for the cooler new models but I was lazy.

Well, I only want the Primaris marines and the books and poo poo. You got my number. Let me know.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Hey yo 40k Fuckbois

Go check itunes

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Moose-Alini posted:

I know it's sad but seeing that podcast notification on my phone is one of the highlights of my other-weeks. Could listen to your dulcet voices every day.

Ain't no shame in liking a good thing, homeboy. Hold your head up high.

susan posted:

Great ep :) . Can we do suggestions for the next Book Club, and if so, maybe 'Red Tithe' or 'I Am Slaughter'?

You can do whatever you want, baby. We should probably not read an Imperium-focused book for the next one, though.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Rando posted:

Looking for opinions on whether Blood Bowl is worth a gently caress or fun, please and thanks. Like, once the novelty of orcs with footballs wears off will anyone want to keep playing?

If you live in the DC area, I'm running a league. A good place to talk about it is here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804679

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Anyone know when pre-orders start on the GW Website? Trynna get dis poo poo up here.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

TwingeCrag posted:

When's the next badcast? I want to hear you guys talk about the new edition more

We are recording on 6/6 (!) so probably the 8th or 9th.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Generally around 1-1:15 est

Thanks!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Still not gonna use Magnus though because gently caress Magnus.

Correct.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

SRM posted:

Aight I'll draft one up to launch when 8th ed launches.

Don't forget the Badcast link in the OP!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

@ The Chirurgeon

Here some pics if you want to use them:
Guard tanks:

Armageddon Steel Legion

Raven Guard Space Marines

That's an older picture of my RG at a tournament. I forgot how much I love those guys.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Yeast posted:

Feel free to use any of these for the Guard/Astra Militarum

:sigh:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I always get excited when I see a ton of posts in this thread, but then I realize half of them are from that chutche guy, who I have on ignore so :shrug:

DC area hams:
I'm on vacation when 8th drops. I know, I'm an idiot. I'm back Monday and am taking off an extra day (Tuesday). If anyone's got time, I'd love to get a game of 8th edition in. Hit me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I might be able to do something in the evening.

Let me know when you know for sure?

• Locked thread