Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Bavius posted:

Yup, I'm really hoping that it's also a Warboss dual kit. These slow burn releases are taxing me, I want to pick up the new ork kits, but the potential of another box being just a week away is going to prevent me from impulse buying (in the best interest of my wallet).

On a side note, I love that we're now so used to insanely fast releases for models and codices that waiting a week is "slow." Times have changed so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Finished up a minimum unit of Nurglings so I can field a fully painted CSM/CD army in a game tonight:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Germ posted:

Gorgeous! Are you in the process of painting a full daemon army? If so, looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks man. :) I've been working on Daemons off and on for a while. I actually have way more than I probably should for it only being a side-side-side army.

I really should finish up some of the other models I've got sitting around. At the moment I have the following:

Daemon Prince of Nurgle (winged) (painted)
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (unpainted)
Daemon Prince (half-painted)
Kairos Fateweaver (unpainted/unassembled)
Herald of Nurgle on Palaquin (painted)
Herald of Tzeentch (painted)
10x Plaguebearers (painted)
40x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (10 painted/30 painted horribly by someone else)
3x Nurgling Swarms (painted)
6x Flamers of Tzeentch
5x Seekers of Slaanesh (painted)
3x Plague Drones of Nurgle (1 painted--in progress)
10x Fleshhounds of Khorne (counts-as WoC Chaos Warhounds, 4 painted--in progress)
6x Screamers (painted)
Skull Cannon of Khorne (painted)
Portalglyph (painted)

At some point I'l probably break down and get the starter box to really round off my Troops and bulk my Seeker unit. Ugh, so much left to do.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

You may want to consider breaking those Paladins into smaller units. Considering Troops supercede all other scoring units a couple of "Solodins" used to drop onto objectives Turn 2+ would be helpful. Maybe 4/4/1/1 so you can still have a decent number within the Land Raiders and have a couple to tactical scoring capability.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Lord Humongus posted:

almost done with butticus diseaseacuss here. How's he look? I just have some details on the front and back to take care off though.

Looks terrible. Throw it away in a specific bin of my choosing so I can take your amazingly well-done model for my own Nurglely purposes.

My only critique would be its a bit dark in most places. Adding some highlighting contrasting colors might make it pop a bit more, but it's a lovely realistic color scheme currently.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

:siren::siren::siren:

I have all the blisters and all the 40k stuff inventoried and in Excel. Just need to finish Fantasy and type up the thread. Might get it done tonight but that's 4 tubs of boxes.

Oh god oh god I hope I don't miss out :ohdear: I'm really looking to shore up my Nids and Chaos and will be hammering refresh of the SA Mart just like everyone else.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 7, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
I'm still of the opinion that female models just need a head swap. Unless you're a Battle Sister you're not going to wear a low-cut shirt and high heels into battle. While still silly, at least Adepta Sororitas armor is ceramite plating and not cloth.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 8, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Ghost Hand posted:

This hasn't gone up on SA Mart yet has it? There's a couple things in here I want but haven't been able to find a post yet.

I'm just sitting at my desk refreshing the page about once a minute. I'm actually not leaving to go get lunch because I'm afraid I'll miss it and thus miss the precious 2-3 minute window before everything good is gone.

So hungry. :(

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Had another game with my Chaos Daemons/Chaos Space Marines in a team game at 1000pts each. My Daemon Prince continues to utterly dominate with its 2+ cover save and greater gifts. I think I really need to pick up another one at some point. Jink saves on Gliding FMCs is just so good if its a melee-only Shrouded unit. This game I also got Iron Arm for added insult and injury.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Von Humboldt posted:

What was your list, by the way? I'm always curious.

A ways back, but here's the list:

Chaos Daemons (670pts)
HQ:
Daemon Prince 145pts (265pts)
++Daemon of Nurgle 15pts
++Daemonic Flight 40pts
++Greater Reward 20pts
++Greater Reward 20pts
++Psyker (Mastery Level 1) 25pts

Herald of Nurgle 45pts (145pts)
++Greater Locus of Fecundity 25pts
++Palaquin of Nurgle 40pts
++Psyker (Mastery Level 1) 25pts
++Lesser Reward (Etherblade) 10pts

Troops:
10x Plaguebearers 90pts
++Plagueridden 5pts
++Lesser Reward (Etherblade)

3x Nurglings 45pts

Heavy Support:
Skull Cannon of Khorne 125pts

Chaos Space Marines (360pts)
HQ:
Sorceror 60pts (100pts)
++Mark of Nurgle 15pts
++Mastery Level 2 25pts

Troops:
20x Chaos Cultists 90pts

Fast Attack:
Heldrake 170pts
++Baleflamer

Total Points: 1000pts
Total Models: 38

My teammate fielded Word Bearers CSM with a ML3 Sorceror in terminator armor, 2x 10x CSM with Mark of Nurgle in Rhinos, and the three TL-Lascanoon/DCCW Helbrutes in a Helbrute Mayhem Pack Formation.

Opponents fielded an Unbound Ork list and a Necron list. Orks consisted of a Warboss and Warp'ead with 18x Shoota Boyz in a Battle Wagon, 15x Lootas, 3x Zzap Guns with 10x Grots, a Looted Wagon with Killkannon, Big Mek with SAG, and an Aegis Defence Line with Quadgun. The Necron list was 2x 20x Necron Warriors with attached MSS/WS Overlords, 2x Canoptek Spyders, 3x Canoptek Scarabs, and an Annihilation Barge.

We rolled the Tactical Objectives mission which allows either side to steal the other's "Secure X" cards, making it a desperate scramble to capture as much as possible and deny the other team any chance. Luckily for the other side, they started their first turn with two "Capture X" cards which they already controlled, netting them two points out of the gate. We did a good job of hiding most prime targets and the most damage they got to do was blast half of the Cultists off the table, who held strong thanks to the leadership of the attached Sorcerer. They mostly advanced forward, attempting to capture as much as possible. We responded mostly with advancing but the Daemon Prince, secure in his Shrouded nigh-invulnerability, glided across the field and tore the engine out of the Annihilation Barge, blowing it to pieces. We dominated the Psychic Phase, 7WC to 1WC, allowing us to manifest powers with little difficulty. The Daemon Prince remain Iron Arm'd the entire game and the Nurgle Sorceror used his Weapon Virus to greatly reduce the rapid-fire effectiveness of the Necrons and kill a few to boot.

The enemy shooting really shredded a good deal of our forces, especially the Ork guns. The Killkannon managed to get two precise shots to take out about 12 CSM over the course of the game. Thankfully the Daemon Prince used his assault momentum to hit the front line of the Ork guns turn 2, killing 4 Grots and causing the lot of them to run off the table (wrecking the Quadgun in the process). The Lootas grimly accepted they were next.

The Warp'ead was one of the crazier elements of the game, accidentally (or intentionally?!) rolling "Ere We Go!" twice over two turns and dragging the Warboss and Shootas out of the Battle Wagon and into the open. The first time this happened was actually pretty good for them, as they were able to repel a daemonic assault pretty handily and were looking to crush the daemons and Terminator Sorcerer in the next round of combat. The Ruinous Powers whispered sweet promises of Orky glory to the insane Ork Psyker and caused him to bounce to the other side of the area and promptly get roasted by an arriving Heldrake (taking out 12 of 17 Orks). Chaos is fickle!

We didn't get to finish the whole game (my mascot baby was getting very fussy and it was almost bedtime), but we called it at the end of turn 3 with a total of 7 for us (5 objectives plus First Blood and Line Breaker) and 6 for them (5 objectives and Line Breaker). It was a fun and silly game.

Here's a picture mid-battle as the double flamer CSM unit torches some Necron Warriors from the safety of their Rhino:

Edit:
Also, Post 9-11 User, I will continue to echo the advice others have given. Provided that your posts have been entirely serious, consider contacting a mental health counselor as soon as you are able. Things get better. I know we joke around on this comedy forum quite a bit, but if the help and advice you need comes from here I'm perfectly fine if a thread derail saves your life.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 11, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

Full Drop Pod armies are kind of crazy good. You never have to worry about Auto losing due to the no models on the board rule and you don't have to leave anything on the board so, just always give the first turn to your opponent cause basically they get to "move". That's it.

I played against a Marneus Calgar drop pod army it was not pleasant or interesting. Also, their launchers can now fire that stupid template when they land.

It gives you time to move into advantageous positions/cover and secure/score objectives in the meanwhile. There's quite a few Tactical Objectives that are insanely easy to accomplish with a full turn of no opposition. "Get a d3 Victory Points if you control more than double the number of objectives as your opponent? Got one to zero, check." :smug:

Not saying it's not good (it is), but there are a few downsides in addition to potentially scattering off the table and dying in a screaming crash.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Finished off my fourth and hopefully final 10-man Tactical Space Marine unit. I need to do touch-ups on my original unit I painted years ago, but it's finally time to move onto vehicles.

Half of my Drop Pod unit, the Istvaan Remembrancers (the other half has a meltagun). They each have the main plate of their backpacks painted black to remember the treachery that can befall those that turn their backs for a moment, even to an ally.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

As that's Bad Munz I have to assume its creator went insane painting all that yellow.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Is that the only thing that concerns you with these?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Put 5 Harbingers of the Storm in a Nightscythe. For 225pts you can dump the Crypteks behind its hull out of view of the ADL and put 11+ Glances on the Stormlord, wrecking it instantly. Then ask him to never play that stupid thing in 1000pts again.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Apollodorus posted:

A few rules questions did emerge, though, let me see if I can recall all of them...

1 - when two characters get in a challenge (my Farseer and his Boss, e.g.) do they just fight one round of combat per turn, or do we keep rolling until one of them dies?

2 - when an independent character who's been attached to a unit (said Farseer with a squad of Dire Avengers) gets challenged out of the unit, the rest of the unit has to just stand there, yes? Or can they actually go do stuff like assault and shoot at other targets?

3 - maybe I'm just functionally illiterate, but how far apart do friendly units have to be? My opponent had so many mans (194 models on the table to my 30) that he had trouble fitting them all into his deployment zone.

4 - we're supposed to remove casualties starting with the closest models. So, when my I5 Eldar kill all of the Orkz in base-to-base contact with them, can any of the remaining Orks strike back? The rules say that models in contact with the enemy can fight, and any models within 2" of models in contact can fight, but if there are no more models in contact then there can't be any models within 2" of models in contact.

Obviously these didn't affect the outcome, and we both had fun, but it's always good to check.
1 - Characters locked in a challenge fight one round of combat per turn until it is resolved just as if they were participating in any normal assault phase.

2 - 7th Edition substantially changed how challenges work in this regard. The Outside Forces rule (p.102) allows any models involved in combat to allocate attacks/wounds to models in a challenge if no other valid target exists. Essentially if a lone character model assaults a character and a unit, the unit will get to attack the lone character normally, even though they are engaged in a challenge. The downside to this is now excess wounds from challenges can spill into non-challenge models.

3 - There is no limit to how close friendly units can be to one another, so long as you remember where one ends and the other begins.

4 - At the Ork's initiative step (I2), they would move 3" forward to meet your unit in combat. If they are unable to make it to base-to-base contact at that time they cannot fight back and the assault round ends, calculating assault results, morale, etc. At the very end of the Assault Phase models from units engaged in close combat that are not in base-to-base contact make an additional Pile In move (p.53). It is possible for the distance to be too far to close (if it was a horrific slaughter of like 28 of 30 Orks or something); models from each side just keep making Pile In moves until they finally meet back up.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

panascope posted:

There's nothing quite like watching Asdrubael Vect punch himself to death while your Necron Overlord bops him with a stick.

As much as I love Mindshackle Scarabs, I look forward to the wailing and gnashing of teeth when it is eventually nerfed (it will be). All Necron players tack on the 15pt upgrade and call it a day. It's fantastic how long the Necron codex has translated between editions, but I can't imagine it sticking around in the next book (or at least not being 25-30pts).

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Ojetor posted:

My CSM army is Tzeentch-based with allied Tzeentch daemons. It works in 7th, but it's mainly the demons that do the heavy lifting since Tzeentch units from CSM aren't all that hot. Ahriman and Thousand Sons are way too expensive for what they do. Mark of Tzeentch is pretty awful on anything that doesn't already have an invulnerable save and even on units that do have an invulnerable save Mark of Nurgle is usually better. Meanwhile Tzeentch daemons are all pretty good (except the Burning Chariot) and can be absolutely ridiculous if you go whole hog on daemon summoning.

I find it makes for a pretty decent friendly list since the powerful Daemons are balanced by the CSM side not being all that hot. If you're looking for a competitive list you might as well go all out on Daemons.

The Burning Chariot is actually pretty solid now, as Chariots allow the rider to fire as if they haven't moved. The Exalted Flamer as an HQ choice is way better/cheaper, but he Chariot is a decent choice for 100pts.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Starting off the day right by taking a break from green and completing Inquisitor Givesnofucks, a donation to my armies in the Emperor's name by Deviant.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Initiative 3 is only going to benefit you against charging Astra Militarum, Adepta Sororitas, Tau, and Necrons. All four of these armies are already screwed if 30 Orks charge them, whether they take a couple casualties before swinging or not. All other armies are I4+ and the difference between I2-3 doesn't matter. The entire idea of Orks is the crushing mass of bodies and that killing a couple before they get their shots in means nothing when you're taking eighty attacks in return. If Orks were faster Initiative-wise it would be fine but they'd have to re-balance the units to less attacks, etc, and the flavor of the Orky diceroll would suffer as a result.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Terminator MANz are...less than impressive, unless you add bulk around the way. A regular Nob torso is roughly 50% of an entire terminator's size altogether, nevermind all the weedy joint bits; looked like I'd stuffed tanks into tuna cans. 'Grats if you can make it work by adding bulk, like, everywhere, but I couldn't.

Orks will never reach any of these shooting (or flamer, in the case of AS) armies in a mob of a full 30, though--and since the WS chart only extends from 2-5 for hits, WS doesn't make that big a difference at all. My bro frequently brings up how a couple of puny guardsmen who don't know which end the bayonet goes on can waltz up and hit a demon lord on a 5, when the lord still only can swat them back on a 2 without the benefits of the BS chart's re-rolls for higher scores.

Shooting armies should fear assault armies' charges as much as assault armies fear shooting.
True enough, but Orks are cheap enough to take 3-4 large units which makes shooting priority difficult. As an example, if 15 Choppa Boyz reach a WS2-3 T3 unit on a charge they will get 60A, hit 40 times, and wound 26ish times. You don't need all that many Orks for the tally to start adding up quickly.

Springfield Fatts posted:

I get your basic argument, but if this was solely the case why would they have bothered giving every unit Furious Charge which at the time added Initiate? The whole point was to spur you to get in there aggressively and swing first, like a proper greenskin should. SRM is right that it makes the feel of hyped up boyz on the charge an overall better component. In a perfect world the 'Ere We Go rumor that gets dredged up would address this, but most likely that'll just be a charge range reroll or something.
Because Furious Charge is a universal special rule and many other armies took advantage of it to give them the bonus to jump from I4 to I5 and best most I4 armies in combat. Furious Charge was not specifically created for Orks.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 18, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What sort of demon is that? Is it some sort of generic Undivided genus of demon that happens to be Nurgle alligned?

It's the generic Daemon Prince kit, yeah. I did some minor modifications to the sword but otherwise that's the standard model and pose. I might make my next Nurgle DP more customized (consider how brokenly good NDPs are now I'm definitely making another), but I was feeling lazy at the time so :effort:

So my local store is holding a Kill Team tournament for their store anniversary with prizes, etc. The one caveat being that you get entered to compete by purchasing models to assemble and paint to use as your Kill Team, meaning I need to pick up new models. Should I make a new army selection as a mini one-off KT collection or expand one of my current armies (Tyranids, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, and Necrons) with the purchase? Does anyone have any solid KT lists that they've used?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

I run (Salamanders) 7x Sternguard with 2x Heavy Flamers and a master-crafted Combi-Melta and Melta Bombs on the character. I'm not sure how optimized it is but it's a ton of fun and I have had a lot of success with it. I haven't figured out consistently good Specialist traits, though, and 7 bodies is not a ton.

I might consider doing just this. I could get in for a single box purchase (have a ton of old metal Sternguard sitting around) and special ammunition seems really handy for an all-comers list.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

Also the Shred Heavy Flamers are really good for dealing with 30 Boyz kill team lists.

Why would you need Shred? Salamanders reroll to-wound with flamer weapons already.

Use Instant Death instead. :unsmigghh:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Bringing my Tyranids to a 1500pt Ork battle with my freshly painted third Biovore so I can break out the Living Artillery Formation. The removal of the ADL and the addition of more Biovores make the points total weird, so I figured I'd play around with some added blast/template shots on the Tervigon and add in another ML2 unit for 7 dice to cast.

HQ:
Hive Tyrant 170 (230pts)
++Twin-linked Devourer 15pts
++Twin-linked Devourer 15pts
++Wings 30pts

Elite:
2x Venomthrope 90pts

2x Zoanthrope 100pts

Zoanthrope 50pts

Troops:
30x Termagant 120pts

Tervigon 195pts (225pts)
++Cluster Spines 5pts
++Miasma Cannon 25pts

Fast Attack:
Hive Crone 155pts

Harpy 135pts (140pts)
++Twin-Linked Venom Cannon 5pts

Living Artillery Formation
3x Tyranid Warrior 90pts (100pts)
++Barbed Strangler 10pts

Exocrine 170pts

3x Biovore 120pts

Total Points: 1500pts

I look forward to blowing up a LOT of Orks.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

Speaking of conversions, I have now ruined about six different guns in an attempt to give my Scout Sergeant a combi-plasma. I have to be careful since the dumb Scout box comes with only four sets of gun arms so I can't let anything go to waste. I haven't yet found a version that doesn't either look a ridiculous Nerf gun or have the ejection port and muzzles in completely insane places. Going to take another crack at it tonight, but I may end just hacking off the top and giving him one of the combi-weapon components from the new tactical squad.

Now I wish I had pictures.

Unless you want it done immediately you could also pick up a combiplasma bit from the Sternguard kit off eBay.

Edit:
Hell, I'm picking up a Sternguard box tonight--want a combiplasma bit?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Got my Living Artillery versus Orks game in, with relatively predictable results. What I did not expect, however, was for the guy to field an Unbound list with Grotsnik, a Warp'ead, and three Warbosses in a giant unit of Nobs with all the fixings. It was something like 1100 out of the 1500pts we played in one unit. We rolled for mission, etc, but as soon as they plunked that unit down the game immediately became "stop this giant ball of Orkiness before it reaches your line."

I pulled first turn and cleared a straggling unit of Boyz and their Deffdread off the board with TFMC shooting. Then came the five twin-linked Large Blast templates. With my Biovores I scored three direct hits, netting 27 hits total. Then rolled four wounds. :negative: The Exocrines plasma blast performed better, but in the end I had only done five wounds in total (after either 4+ armor or 5+ Inv and then 5+ FNP). My Harpy, however, decided it was its time to shine. A S9 AP4 TL-Blast is a perfect Nob-killing weapon and its shot killed two Nobs outright.

It was then their turn and they decided that getting shot at long-range was boring. So the Warp'ead rolled a 5 on its table and warped the entire unit into the center of my army.

Funnily enough the Deep Strike deviated slightly and if I hadn't killed all those Nobs it would have mishap'd, but there we are.

The Orks got a little shooting in before my Tyranids reacted, but at that point I knew the game was over and we decided to make the fight a sporting chance. After more relatively ineffective shooting, only the Termagants, Venomthropes, Exocrine, and Tervigon charged. The next eight rounds of combat was a meat-grinder where all that remained at the end was a single Warboss and 17 Termagants who completely failed to acheive a single 6 to wound the entire time. Eventually the Warboss slew them all and the Hive Tyrant, having long ago landed from Swooping and watched, walked in and contemptuously removed the Warboss' head from his ichor-soaked body.

A fun game, but silly and somewhat unfulfilling. The Ork player has promised to bring a real list next time and wants a rematch.

vvvvv
Lookin' good!
vvvvv

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 20, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

AbusePuppy posted:

Never, ever, go toe-to-toe with a deathstar if you have any other option. It's what they want you to do, and unless you are immensely good at dealing out damage, it's not going to work.

I appreciate the comments. That photo is after I declared my assault and was starting to move models around.

I agree with the general Deathstar advice and typically go that route. The reason why the battle went down the way it did was because I had already wiped out the rest of his army and we were playing the remainder out for fun. While a majority T4 W2 4+/5++/5+++ is tough, it's pretty quickly dropped out by S8+ shots. The Harpy's Heavy Venom Cannon killed 7 Nobz on its own thanks to poor Inv. save rolls and was actually the MVP of the game as a result.

At no time was my army in danger from this particular "deathstar." More of a milddangerstar, compared to some of the other builds I've seen.

Slimnoid posted:

Earlier today, Black Library apparently had the Ork codex up for purchase for about 10 minutes before closing it back down. Someone dun goofed.
DON'T PRESS DAT :orks101:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 20, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Soooo, anyone have any tips for staying an Emperors Children army?

30K or 40K?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My idea is starting with a core I can use for either, whether loyal or traitor.

Well, Emperor's Children are a bit different in terms of ability and equipment in 40K compared to their Heresy-era models/units. Unfortunately I haven't played 30K and can't really speak to it, but I can offer some 40K Chaos-related advice.

A Chaos Lord with a Mark of Slaanesh and a unit or two of Noise Marines can be pretty great, especially since the Blastmaster can ignore cover and reduce MEq models to slag pretty reliably. Chaos Bikers with marks of Slaanesh are good as well, as they can take a banner which gives them Feel No Pain. Chaos Cultists are always handy, cheap, and the models are inexpensive compared to other options.

You could pretty easily work up a CSM 40K list using Forgeworld "loyalist" models, using Kakophoni as Blastmaster models for the Noise Marine units.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

+++GOD-EMPEROR GRANT ME THE BOLTGUN TO KILL THE THINGS I CANNOT BURN, THE FLAMER TO BURN THE THINGS I CAN, AND THE AUSPEX TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE+++

(Finished painting my kill team while the forums were down.)

What up, fellow Sternguard Kill Team. :flame::hf::c00l:

Last bolter marine currently being finished up, but after that long outage I figured I'd :justpost:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Indolent Bastard posted:

A new Ork codex just dropped, so I will give you three guesses.

Considering the last line of the image says "see page 97 of Codex: Orks" your first guess is wrong.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
I somehow completely missed the fact that another 40K game was in the pipe. Looks promising, though with Space Marine to compare to it's going to have to be pretty good to match the last multiplayer experience (while it lasted :smith:).

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

It's not too hard to get three other people to play the survival mode. I still do it every once in a while. :unsmith:
But yeah, the regular multiplayer is totally dead. It was really fun while it lasted though. :smith:

I'm interested in Eternal Crusade because I have unrealistic expectations that it'll just be Space Marine with larger battles, quests, and assorted MMO junk. There's a gameplay video on their site that lends some credence to that. However, it's full of unfinished textures like everything else they've released so far. I hope it works out in the end.

I have some hope for it, as a lot of the media on the website is developer's armies they've painted up. At the very least they're having fun with the source material.

Edit:
Last Sternguard Veteran ready for duty:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 26, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Looks great! I love the dark and realistic color scheme. I enjoy down-trodden and grim Imperial Guard, for truly their life is suffering.

One question though--does the "clear" transfer material show up that much in person or is it just a trick of the camera?

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 27, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Games Workshop please make a Datasheet for a 12' tall MC Broodlord tia

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Tuxedo Jack posted:

So yes or no on the Titan for the points?

Are you asking if an Imperial Apocalypse-level Titan will fare okay in a normal-level game? The answer is yes.

SHOW THEM NO QUARTER, REMIT THEIR WRETCHED SOULS TO THE EMPEROR FOR JUDGEMENT :commissar:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Esser-Z posted:

Approps of nothing, I think Orks should get a speceial rule that lets them field anyone's vehicle (or Monstrous Creature) as part of their force, because of lootin'.

It'd probably be hilariously unbalanced, but THE NARRATIVE.

This rule is called Unbound. :geno:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Lungboy posted:

The Nid codex, without any of the dataslates, really isn't up to scratch. It's only the dataslates that really make it ok.

I've had a good amount of fun and have been pretty successful with the codex over time, but I the dataslates really do give Tyranid the boost that they need. They're still not top-tier, but at least they're not unfun/poo poo despite the insane number of FMC nerfs and continued lack of good assault rules in 7th Edition. Exocrines always make their points back (I really need to get more of those) and are one of the bright spots in an otherwise mediocre codex.

I'm assembling ten more Gargoyles at my desk right now so I can finally start running Skyblight like everyone else. :confuoot:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 3, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Kaysette posted:

New Space Wolf flyer rumors confirmed:

This news/gif is really making me want to model a crazed Tzeentchian ice-based sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
I can't wait to choose between shooting Wolffang or Wargwolf missiles. They better include optional tail bitz to put on all the missiles you can model. :3:

• Locked thread