Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Yeah I just got a new job which pays enough to buy both juice and plastic barbies. I've been dry for a while but as soon as that Death Guard starter hits :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Deptfordx posted:

It'll be impossible to tell until we get rules/stats/point values, but I wonder if as usual in the box set. The relative power of the factions is heavily weighted in favour of the Marines. As I recall both Dark Vengance and Black Reach gave the Marine faction far more points worth of units.

I dunno I'd say it's pretty even. You definitely get more models/flexibility with the Death Guard.

With two lascannon shots off the Plague Drone that's some solid long-range anti-Primaris fire. I'm sure it'll be even-ish at least, especially since there's a Nurgle sorceror and no countering librarian on the Imperial side.

Edit: Apparently Tinypic doesn't work now, cool. That's like the only imagehost not firewalled here so I guess I can't post the full box content from the site.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

RagnarokAngel posted:

How has no eldar stuff leaked I'm getting hives here.

They're all squatted offscreen in a single paragraph of the new rule
book :rip:

Also Quantum Shielding sounds amazing for defense against melta/las and other high-powered weapons. Kind of the opposite of the last version but I like it, it makes Necron vehicles far more survivable.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

You mean like... the movie Gladiator? That just came out in.... *sees it was 17 years ago*

Wayne's World was 25 years ago :corsair:

Ugh, I'm changing jobs and one of my major regrets is this place is legit and would care if I painted minis at my desk. Best perk of the old place :/ No idea if I'll ever get the 8th Ed starter painted.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Who is up for starting the 8th Edition thread? I'm busy enough nowadays I just don't have the time to update things. Once one is made I'll close this one off.

If we want to unironically keep Moola's that's cool too :cool:

• Locked thread