Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ultramega posted:

I actually ran out of agrax/devlan mud and I have a few models I want to shade in the interim until I get paid next, which shade would you guys recommend I water down to get roughly the same effect? I tried using a wood stainer in the past when I was painting a chimera and it comes out waaaay too glossy on my regular guardsmen.

Buy Army Painter strong tone ink (not the quickshade, unless you want a dip). No need to water it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Vondizimo posted:

30k is doomed if GW prime have taken an interest. That'll teach FW for being a success. I want to be wrong.

Pretty much this. Unfortunately GW losing my interest in 30k is pretty toothless since GW wasn't selling me any NiB models anyway and I'll probably still buy the 30k Thousand Sons book whenever it finally comes out because I'll have waited like five years for it at that point :suicide:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Master Twig posted:

I'm gonna go with flask. One that has a fancy screw top to it.

I was thinking flip-top lighter.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Lord Twisted posted:

I'm almost 100% sure I'm going to collect Thousand Sons when they bring them out, simply because I know they're going to look so. loving. sick. Their contemptors will no doubt be baller.

poo poo, I already know what I'm going to be using for a 1K Sons contemptor when my penny jar fills up enough

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=2995

Love how it looks and I get to Not Give GW Money

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

DrPop posted:

Any good suggestions for Chaos-y combi-plasmas? Searching eBay brings back a lot of Sternguard or very Imperial-looking gats that I'll use if I have to, but wanted to see if there was anything I was missing out on first. Wanted to outfit some of my Tzeentch termies with that good plasma stuff.

http://evilcraft.eu/combined-plasma-weapon/ is worth a look.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Warhammer 40k: You could always cut their dicks off if it bothers you

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I dislike Cadian models, not necessarily because of anything intrinsic but because they are so overexposed.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

IMO if you buy the base book for your army or whatever, you should feel okay about downloading a PDF of whatever later material is necessary to play it for the next several years, because as people have pointed out that's a reasonable default expectation.

I bought IA13 and I'll probably buy whichever HH book has the 1K Sons in it, and I won't feel obliged to pay another $90 tax six months down the line because they changed a few paragraphs or released a new edition.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Are they fighting to see who gets to use that shade of purple?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

If you want to go down the rabbit hole of realism, it's not unreasonable to conclude that having a plasma cannon (or whatever) fired in your direction would provoke evasive action away from the blast, even if you're not the aiming point.

But the real reason I came in this thread was to share this helpful reminder from eBay:

I'm happy to report that I have carefully considered it and concluded that: its gay

• Locked thread