Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Commissar McBain reporting for duty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUGBujl2-0

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

THE DARK WORLD OF NECROMUNDA - THE GAME LINKED TO THE MURDER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2642604/War-games-fanatic-plunged-carving-knife-chest-neck-love-rival-spying-wife.html

Jack Chick was right in Dark Dungeons!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Orks!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

SRM posted:

This is stupid pedantic but I absolutely can't understand why people say something is $xx bucks or $xx dollars. The dollar sign already means dollars. That's like saying something is thirty bucks dollars. I actually don't think the price is awful (especially when compared to the old price for metals, plus the discounts you can get from Warstore and the like), but when you compare it to Killa Kans which are markedly larger and cost like 20 bucks less, it's bizarre.

Also I got a thing. Does anyone know if old Armorcast foam takes spraypaint well?

Here I was reading Oldhammer today and thought "Alright, someone else is doing 2nd ed Ultramarines!"

I have a friend who just painted up some of that foam, he used vallejo primer with an airbrush to keep them from melting.

lovestick fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 28, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

serious gaylord posted:

I'd go with a khaki/cream colour.

Have to agree, I've seen some done up like that and they looked amazing!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Indolent Bastard posted:

I understand a new SW flyer may be on deck.

What will they call it though...

Wolfstorm?

Stormwolf?

Wolfclaw?

Clawstorm?

I'm going with Wolfwolf.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Did someone say meltman marines?

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Direwolf posted:

I got most of my Eldar tanks in 3rd edition, prior to them releasing an actual Wave Serpent model - I think I got one Forgeworld kit at the time but for some reason my converted Wave Serpent from 10 years ago has the long bits of the warpvanes snapped off, so only the jewels on the main tank body remain. Either way, I'd like to have my Wave Serpents actually look like it beyond the turret, so any help would be appreciated!

The forge world conversion kits did not have vanes on the little spirit stone baubles, but rather a crossbar that connected the empty space on the front as seen here.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

SRM posted:

Who are you, me? I really want one of those for my Sternguard but they're mad rare and upwards of 100bux when they show up.

You could always using the boring machines from Ramshackle if you want an oldschool feel.

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46&products_id=211

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

It's too bad that panascope's awesome OP got trashcanned, I thought that it was a really great way to garner interest in 30k. Hopefully we can get it crossposted into this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

boom boom boom posted:

I am Something Awful Forums member boom boom boom, and this is my first year doing the Trad Games Secret Santa

Gift Preferences: I've never played a miniatures game, but I would very much like to! So maybe some sort of miniatures thing.

Please go sign up in the Secret Santa thread so you can get this poor goon some scrunts and by scrunts I mean AoS

• Locked thread