Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

DrSanchez posted:

Hey fluffie I've been in the yob for a while but I haven't had an avatar yet, how do I fix this?

I am so inspired right now give me like 20 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

DrSanchez posted:

Hey fluffie I've been in the yob for a while but I haven't had an avatar yet, how do I fix this?

I can work on it a little more if you like the concept.

cruft

FluffieDuckie posted:

he mentioned wanting a sombrero on a doctor, but hold off bc someone found him something else he liked last night. let's wait to hear which he prefers

Haha I was going to put a sombrero on him and then I was all "nah, one cultural stereotype is enough".

cruft

Totally unprompted, I made an av for The Science of Suck, who needs one.

cruft

FluffieDuckie posted:

excellent cruft. i hope he sees it

I have my doubts.

It was fun, tho. Learned a lot about making animated gifs!

cruft

i am he posted:

and somebody change my name to "ghost post" or some variation involving aztecs and ghosts

Quetzalpostl?

E: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

cruft fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 11, 2014

cruft

i am he posted:

haha thats funny cruft, you're on a roll today with the good things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cihuateteo

this is the inspiration for the drawing, i think

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tezcatlipoca

lot of good stuff in here too, tezcatliposta haha, maybe not a "post" pun though i'll probably get sick of it

Yeah, I think you're right.

Cihuateteo is a p. solid name I think.

cruft

cruft posted:

Yeah, I think you're right.

Cihuateteo is a p. solid name I think.

Trying to think of some play on this name.

It's pronounce "kee-oo-aa-TEH-teh-oh" if that helps anybody.

cruft

cruft posted:

Trying to think of some play on this name.

It's pronounce "kee-oo-aa-TEH-teh-oh" if that helps anybody.

Oh, the women who died in childbirth were "mociuaquetzque"

Guessing here, if it's a Spanish transcription it'd be "moe-key-oo-aa-KATES-kay"

cruft

moonshine is...... posted:

As a BYOB newbie, who has been formally adopted, my lack of an av is really bad. I need something that shows how much I like my home. I live out on a giant boat with a bunch of other guys we all built this boat together away from the government and it's stupid regulations. I haven't posted in awhile because we've been busy trying to steer it around all these storms and stuff, and also outrun hurricanes or whatever. It's pretty awesome. Also there are pirates. We call it the big rear end boat of love and stuff. Because that's what it is. TIA.

Golly.

cruft

As a BYOB newbie, who has been formally adopted, my lack of an av is really bad. I need something that shows how much I like my home. I live out on a giant boat with a bunch of other guys we all built this boat together away from the government and it's stupid regulations. I haven't posted in awhile because we've been busy trying to steer it around all these storms and stuff, and also outrun hurricanes or whatever. It's pretty awesome. Also there are pirates. We call it the big rear end boat of love and stuff. Because that's what it is. TIA.

(That flag is the Principality of Sealand)

cruft

FREEDOOOOOOM!

cruft

Salmiakki posted:

how about this, moonshine?

That is one tiny dude on one big rear end boat!

cruft

Captain No-mates posted:

this one is cool

mods can you change everybody's av to this on Tuesday? TIA.

cruft

New av purchased. Now I can blend in with all the BYOBs. I hope lowtax doesn't mind me paying in old valentines day greeting cards. That's what we use for currency on the boat.

:neckbeard:

cruft

:holy:

cruft

:banjo:

cruft

Machai posted:

oh noes I was working on a thing.

I guess someone else can have it if they want

:eyepop:

Nice work Machai!

Welcome to the "I did a lot of work on an av that wasn't used" club!

cruft

i am he posted:

:ohdear: im sorry cruft

Dude it is no problem, visual art is something I've only started to try in the last 8 years or so, I kind of suck. If I keep working at it, though, someday I'm gonna knock one outta the park!

Oh.

Oh wow.

Can... can I join the club, then? :ohdear:

cruft

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I am he has never had a bad av Ive seen, so if you made one of them dont be shy my friend

He had it for like 2 hours I think, I'm counting that as a success :)

But it was just a crop and scale of a Salmiakki that somebody else colored in :)

cruft

Sleepy Owl posted:

while we're on the subject i'd like my old av back too its right here http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4d/02/00197199.0001.gif

Nooooooo! Your current av is the best! Every time I see it, I'm 14 years old again and I want to look on the back of the album to see some boobies!

cruft

after you fix the background I assume?

that gif is a mess, I ain't doin' it.

cruft

eyes

gj tho. I gave up when I saw 27 frames and two shades of white.

cruft

Salmiakki posted:

well i tried

okay fine I'll do it

you already did the hard part

cruft

cruft posted:

okay fine I'll do it

you already did the hard part

I take it back, this gif sucks.

cruft

cruft posted:

I take it back, this gif sucks.

Wait, I have an idea.

cruft

cruft posted:

Wait, I have an idea.

Well, if someone were to draw a circle behind his head IN EVERY FRAME, and then merge all 62 of those layers back into 31, then the eyes would look better again.

But I need to do something else with the next hour and a half.

cruft

Salmiakki posted:

see cruft?

works for me :shrug:

cruft

Machai posted:

that is a downrezzed version with like 6 colors, the actual PSD has full color and will be easy enough to manipulate. I'm thinking of maybe making it a big av instead and adding a background that makes it look like he is in a dance club

Now he tells us.

cruft

machai knows what hes doing you guys prob should of waited :ohdear:

Oh man, I feel so :owned:

cruft

Golly.

cruft

Mogren posted:

There's some great art around here. I've also finally made up my mind: http://i.imgur.com/4paLLXN.png

Now that this is sorted on my end, on to the reasons why I deserve an av:

1) Good posts:

WIP (ETA Summer 20xx) still learning the ropes. Maybe this one will qualify by the time I'm done writing it since you don't command genius. Something about the eye of the beholder too I'll figure it out.

2) Time spent in the yob:

I've already lost track of time but it hasn't been that long since I started spending it in the yob. I've lurked around different boards and then I saw this cat near the door sign and I thought hey I should drop by and say hi!

3) Specific hardships:

a) Once upon a time the cat on that picture was my pet and he passed away a few years ago. This was hard to digest as he was in good health for his age (10) and poison was likely involved, because the neighbors were being stupid about their pest traps at the time and this cat was a hunter at heart. He loved to bring back all kinds of dead critters at the door but he sure picked the wrong one to mess with that time. RIP Sonic http://imgur.com/Th1R7JT
b) I live in france. I'm really sorry about this. I'll choose more carefully next time please don't judge me. :ohdear:

and

d) I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who uses this in a computer http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=RADEON+9250

I'll save c) for future occasions. Gotta break the streak before this gets too out of hand.

4) Etc:

Cats rule, shades of blue and purple rule, posts rule, :words:awesome nice cute win!:words:, etc it'd be really cool to blend in more.

5) Misc:

This ought to serve all my forum needs for the coming decades and I plan to return the favor with posts and wit and helping around where I can but also professional thread rating it's underlined because this is very important and there will be effort made to reach that goal.

^If that's ok

Dude it's ten bucks, that's like two Starbucks trips or ⅓ of a Minecraft. I recommend you just go do it yourself.

cruft

if its your own its only 5 tho

Been a while.

$5, what a bargain!

cruft

Here am I floating in my sardine can
Far above the world

PS: use the one I colored up for ya? :pray:

cruft

ChairmanMeow posted:

I really liked it, but my kitty is white, and she looked grey

That was the tint of the helmet, I can make it white again, you should have said something earlier, I'm not near a computer oh man panic time

cruft

Just joshing, use whatever you like best :)

I'm building a table with my kid today so I can't futz around with avs.

cruft

Two crufts up!

cruft

Cobalt60 posted:

One time I posed to BYOB because I thought it would be a chill place to ask a serious question. I was wondering if other people who are cool, I was wondering if those people do something special. Something so that they don't have to wipe their rear end after they poo as many times as I have to.

I ask because it's summer, and I like to chill, but I also like to chill in a place other than on the toilet. Someone in BYOB suggested I coat my butthole with Vaseline. Maybe it was my idea, I dunno anyway the point is that last year I learned the joy of butt stuff.

I'm just trying to say I'm here to chill, thx.

Bidet attachment. I use one called a BioBidet Elite 2, it's like $30 on Amazon, installs in about 30 minutes.

Welcome to BYOB! We hope you and your butt enjoy it here!

cruft

Cobalt60 posted:

Oh wow. What is the most elite version, within reason, cost-not-really-too-much-of-an-option?

There are ones with little electric heaters built in so you can squirt your butthole with warm water. Those are getting over $100. And then there's ridiculous stuff for like $800 that you can dock you iPod to. But the Elite 2 or equivalent is just fine at squirting poo out of your crack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Rotary Phony posted:

This is basically me in real life, except I have more hair and less rhythm.
But now I don't know if the anime witch :kimchi: or the urkle av would upset GBS more?
Tough decisions... thoughts yobbers?

I haven't seen either but I feel like if upsetting GBS is your goal, anime is a solid choice.