Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Taking place in the Estádio da Luz in Lisbon, Portugal at 20:45 CET, these two teams have faced each other four times already this season:

28.09.2013 - Real Madrid v. Atlético de Madrid - 0-1 (Liga)
05.02.2014 - Real Madrid v. Atlético de Madrid - 3-0 (Copa del Rey)
11.02.2014 - Atlético de Madrid v. Real Madrid - 0-2 (Copa del Rey)
02.03.2014 - Atlético de Madrid v. Real Madrid - 2-2 (Liga)

Champions Leage Stats:

Injured/Suspended Players:

(Ronaldo and Diego Costa will be playing)

The Teams

Real Madrid

Founded in 1902 as Madrid Football Club, the team has traditionally worn a white home kit since. The word real is Spanish for royal and was bestowed to the club by King Alfonso XIII in 1920 together with the royal crown in the emblem. The team has played its home matches in the 85,454-capacity Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in downtown Madrid since 1947. Unlike most European football clubs, Real Madrid's members (socios) have owned and operated the club since its inception.

The club is the world's richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual turnover of €513 million, and the most valuable sports team, worth €2.4 billion (US$3.3 billion). It is one of three clubs to have never been relegated from the top flight of Spanish football, along with Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona. Real Madrid holds many long-standing rivalries, most notably El Clásico with FC Barcelona and El Derbi madrileño with Atlético Madrid.

The club established itself as a major force in both Spanish and European football during the 1950s. Domestically, Real Madrid has won a record 32 La Liga titles, 19 Copas del Rey, 9 Supercopas de España, 1 Copa Eva Duarte and 1 Copa de la Liga. Internationally it has won a record nine European Cup/UEFA Champions League titles and a joint record three Intercontinental Cups, as well as two UEFA Cups, and one UEFA Super Cup.

Atlético de Madrid

Atlético have won La Liga on ten occasions, including a league and cup double in 1996; the Copa del Rey on ten occasions; 1 Supercopa de España and 3 Copa Eva Duarte; in Europe, they won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1962, were European Cup runners-up in 1974,[2] won the Europa League in 2010 and in 2012, and won the UEFA Super Cup in 2010 and 2012, as well as the 1974 Intercontinental Cup.

The club play their home games at the Vicente Calderón, which currently holds up to 54,960 spectators.

Atletico's home kit is red and white vertical striped shirts, with blue shorts, accompanied by blue and red socks. This combination has been used since 1911.

Where to watch if it's not on TV
Wiziwig
Roja Directa
First Row Sports

Total Confusion fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I hope Barça win.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
What's Ronaldo's DzSiboT?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The fascist showdown with a better ending for the Spanish Air Force.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want Real Madrid to win because I like Ronaldo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress the King.

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
Eagerly awaiting the death of football when Real achieve La Decima™

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i too like ronaldo and im also a big fan of fascism

Carrier
May 12, 2009

smelly cabin filter posted:

THIS

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Keep killing it bro

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

REAL MADRID WILL WIN

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

gently caress ATLETICO "pathetico" hahaha

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Hegay posted:

REAL MADRID WILL WIN

Can't wait to quote this prediction when it comes true, and be like, drat, good prediction.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Excited to see Atletico deny Real la decima. Hoping for some quality tears from Ronald.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Carrier posted:

Can't wait to quote this prediction when it comes true, and be like, drat, good prediction.

Thank you Carrier, who is a fellow "white" in a non problematic pro fascism way.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

This could go either way, and by either way, I mean either Bale or Ronaldo could score the winner that grabs Real la decima. Phwoar, what an attacking duo.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Halal Athletico Bilbao

#independentismecatalà

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Unidos En FAscismo

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Costa will headbutt Ronaldo and the ref will not show a single red card even after both teams start punching each other

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

There has been a shortage of blood in the Madrid hospitals, but it'll be worth it, once Bale and Ronaldo lifts la Decima

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sergio Ramos will be sent off and Real Madrid will win 3 - 1 with a late dagger of a goal. That's what I dreamed anyway.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lets go madrids!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
whatever happens, the ghost of Franco and fascism will roam Europe once again

also, hasta el final, vamos Real!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't care much for Real but I don't care who wins tonight as long as it is a loving epic

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

tonight, we are all spanish

crippling poverty for everyone!

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

smelly cabin filter posted:

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
I hope Gareth Bale gets a goal for the White Men

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Everyone wants Atletico to win imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i hope my team the 'athletesico' madrids win the football game

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Jose posted:

Everyone wants Atletico to win imo

Nope, vamos los merengues!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope the match is not poo poo.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

An early goal will be good for the game, I think.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
im really really excited for this

hoping for a brilliant final and not too fussed who wins but id probably prefer atleti just because winining the double would be insane

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

I don't care much for Real but I don't care who wins tonight as long as it is a loving epic

Same OP I just want to see some phwoar goals and maybe some Spanish simulation and questionable red cards

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Atletico Madrid, of all teams, denying Real Madrid their precious ~decima~ would be too drat good so I'm sure it won't be happening, sadly.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

not not luvd posted:

im really really excited for this

hoping for a brilliant final and not too fussed who wins but id probably prefer atleti just because winining the double would be insane

La Decima would be terrible

El Hefe posted:

Atletico Madrid, of all teams, denying Real Madrid their precious ~decima~ would be too drat good so I'm sure it won't be happening, sadly.

This and Costa scoring against Brazil in the final of the World Cup to win it would both be really, really funny

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Real Madrid is at 2,1/1 to win and Athletico 3,45/1. Hmmm, this is a big decision, since the team I'll bet on will lose.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

beedeebee posted:

Real Madrid is at 2,1/1 to win and Athletico 3,45/1. Hmmm, this is a big decision, since the team I'll bet on will lose.

I put :10bux: on Real to win. After a bad season of bets, I said gently caress it and just bet on my team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Shrapnig posted:

I hope the match is not poo poo.

With two counter-attacking teams you better believe it'll be a less boring retread of the first Atletico - Chelsea game.

• Locked thread