Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

Browsing for hentai on the internet and actually experiencing the tactile sensation of the piece of art in your hands are entirely different experiences, and it should be clear which is superior.
youll about to experience the tactile sensation of a cock in your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Stealth indoctrination of your children into being furries.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Its probably worth like 20-30$ irl

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
From what I gather it might be worth $10 doing the ole' $:HOURS played analysis.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i stopped playing games i know will be bad and now im happier

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

BigLeafyTree posted:

why is this game bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exr0VUJaoio

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

elf help book posted:

Same.

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

a wise decision

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I play the same three games on repeat and watch the same shows I've already seen on Netflix

I will die soon and I need the familiar to distract myself from that fact

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

No Such Thing posted:

I play the same three games on repeat and watch the same shows I've already seen on Netflix

Condolences :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

No Such Thing posted:

A good post

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Its probably worth like 20-30$ irl
this is every AAA game

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Reviews are in. "Decent but not 60$ decent" is basically the consensus.

monkey_island_ending.jpg

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I heard the protagonist's character arc basically starts out with him being good at a thing so he decides this means he never has to work a day in his entire life or obey any of the rules of society in general, like Rent, but then at the very end he learns that he was right all along because he's always right about everything, like Rent, and then you'll wish everyone involved in the making of this awful story would die of a wasting disease, like Rent.

confirm/deny

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL98zhe-frg

quality assurance by the team that brought you big rigs

e: man people work fast on this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzxzQoFTQw

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Got the game with a new graphics card I bought. Download went fine until I hit 99%

Thanks assholes.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tunahead posted:

I heard the protagonist's character arc basically starts out with him being good at a thing so he decides this means he never has to work a day in his entire life or obey any of the rules of society in general, like Rent, but then at the very end he learns that he was right all along because he's always right about everything, like Rent, and then you'll wish everyone involved in the making of this awful story would die of a wasting disease, like Rent.

confirm/deny
theyre just pandering to the core gamer demographic of broken manchildren

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Tunahead posted:

confirm/deny

so everyone in this game has aids?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Watch Dogs' narrative stumbles are bad enough, but it ventures into even more troublesome territory with some of its representation. Female characters in Watch Dogs are victims, to be kidnapped or murdered in the interest of plot or character motivation and are almost all overtly sexualized. Black characters fall into two camps — the aforementioned victims, or, just as maddeningly, criminals. The city of Chicago has an incredibly complicated, difficult history with race, discrimination and segregation. This is a difficult subject to explore in any kind of entertainment. But Watch Dogs' portrayal of Chicago's racial divide seems potentially tone-deaf.

Meanwhile, the Profiler's "flavor text," dynamic descriptions assigned to the randomly created NPCs that fill Watch Dogs' Chicago, frequently seem to be lowest-common denominator attempts at humor. When I saw "transgender" and similar attributes presented as throwaway personality quirks, I wasn't laughing.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

there is some lol moments with that

like you start the game and you talk to this shady dude over the internet who runs the big hacker group i guess. they spend the first couple missions acting all disinterested and doing deals with you for hacker stuffs or whatev. then you meet this shady dude face to face and surprise its a sexy punk goth chick and from then on shes basically your waifu

some of the profiler stuff is pretty weird like one dude gets 'listens to music' and another guy gets 'convicted blood fucker' like those two are comparable personality traits

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Convicted Blood Fucker

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Convicted Blood Fucker

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Hmmmm. It says here that you've been convicted of blood loving? I'm sorry but I don't think you're right for this position.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Whenever I move to a new neighborhood I have to introduce myself to everyone nearby and let them know that I have been convicted as a blood fucker and I have to wear a tracker on my ankle and stay 5000 feet from any Red Cross blood drive locations.

Dec 26, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

some of the profiler stuff is pretty weird like one dude gets 'listens to music' and another guy gets 'convicted blood fucker' like those two are comparable personality traits

its just like real life, some people are more boring than others. some people have "music listener" as their most interesting thing and other people gently caress blood

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Gameplay is pretty fun to gently caress around with in the first hour and a half, the story stuff is unmitigated trash but it's at least groan worthy and fun in that way

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Meanwhile, the Profiler's "flavor text," dynamic descriptions assigned to the randomly created NPCs that fill Watch Dogs' Chicago, frequently seem to be lowest-common denominator attempts at humor. When I saw "transgender" and similar attributes presented as throwaway personality quirks, I wasn't laughing.

isn't the point of that to show how hosed up the invasion of privacy is? idk, I know literally nothing about this game, but it doesn't sound like the sort of thing you're supposed to laugh at

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Whenever I move to a new neighborhood I have to introduce myself to everyone nearby and let them know that I have been convicted as a blood fucker and I have to wear a tracker on my ankle and stay 5000 feet from any Red Cross blood drive locations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Watch Dogs' narrative stumbles are bad enough, but it ventures into even more troublesome territory with some of its representation. Female characters in Watch Dogs are victims, to be kidnapped or murdered in the interest of plot or character motivation and are almost all overtly sexualized. Black characters fall into two camps — the aforementioned victims, or, just as maddeningly, criminals. The city of Chicago has an incredibly complicated, difficult history with race, discrimination and segregation. This is a difficult subject to explore in any kind of entertainment. But Watch Dogs' portrayal of Chicago's racial divide seems potentially tone-deaf.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's true though this game is white 18-40 male as gently caress

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

like, the character doesn't even give a gently caress

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

make me a blood loving game, ubisoft

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Oh no!!! :wth:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Your Friend posted:

like, the character doesn't even give a gently caress

no like really the main character in this is a massive shithouse dickhead who spends the whole time talking about how much he wishes he could kill or maim every other character. when you meet aforementioned waifu he gets real physical and imposing on her for literally no reason, and when she calls him out on it he's like 'who fuckin' cares gently caress you'

its kinda refreshing honestly to play as a unrepentant rear end in a top hat instead of a good guy who just happens to cap cops and random civilians every now an then

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

:stonk:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
^lol

Dec 26, 2012

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

:catstare::stare::catstare::stare::catstare:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Oh did I say it was white male as gently caress? What I actually meant is that it doesn't have as many dynamic shadows per scene as I'd prefer and that's why this game is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

its kinda refreshing honestly to play as a unrepentant rear end in a top hat instead of a good guy who just happens to cap cops and random civilians every now an then

GTA 5 did that and it wasn't all that great.

• Locked thread