Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

-Spiffy- posted:

Woot Canberra gets a norkor game in the Asian cup. Also its p cheap.

The Asian cup is seriously going to own loving bones. I'm going to go to every match I can and support whoever the gently caress I want, probably the team with the best coloured strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So what do Lothar Matthaus, Pele, Maradona, Fat Ronaldo, Klose and Tim Cahill have in common?

The only people to have scored in 3 world cups

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Byolante posted:

So what do Lothar Matthaus, Pele, Maradona, Fat Ronaldo, Klose and Tim Cahill have in common?

The only people to have scored in 3 world cups

They're all in the Zinedine Zidane song

Except Klose

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know the cup was going to be here or was so soon. Bought tickets to the Melbourne quarter final, which may or may not feature Australia.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Milligan is out for the next match.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

my stepdads beer posted:

Milligan is out for the next match.

What a loss

Should have started McKay last game and should start him this one

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

no please not mckay

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I work with an statistically unlikely high proportion of Dutch people and if we lose tonights game work can just get hosed I'm not going near the place and all those tall blonde bastards

And when I go to training tomorrow night I'm not passing the ball to any Dutch even though they're the best players in the club by a considerable margin

Just got loads of impotent rage atm

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Austin Powers levels of Dutch hatred ITT.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Has the squad been confirmed? I'm just not that keen on McKay for some reason, but I don't know anything about the other options (Luongo and Holland? I think?)

I'm also not super keen on Troisi as the striker because of his amazing ability to spray shots into everywhere else in the universe bar the net, but I guess we gotta try everything tonight

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
When you're sat in row Z
And the ball hits your head
That's Troisi

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I love troisi but you're right, a good goalscorer at this level he is not.

I went to a primarily Dutch high school and so everyone I'll be watching the game with is Dutch but going for Australia, except the sri lankan guy who supports the Netherlands.

Fwiw I just played the game out on fifa but we lose 2-0 to a robben brace

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Bit rough on Troisi, he was surely Victory's best player last season and he'd be our second best in that position after Bresh

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry about tonight, Australia. Maybe if you weren't so racist we wouldn't score all the goals.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

quote:

Triosi bashin'

I agree, I'm probably confirmation biasing the gently caress out it but in a way I guess I'm hoping to be proven wrong :unsmith:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

oliwan posted:

Sorry about tonight, Australia. Maybe if you weren't so racist we wouldn't score all the goals.

I get unironically mad when people post this because I know that I'm not racist, but I know that enough of us are and are loud enough about it that it's an indefensible position :smith:

Bringin down the mood oliwan, this is supposed to be a party celebrating the eve of our greatest triumph :australia:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

oliwan posted:

If it helps I live in a state discovered by and named after a Dutchman instead of the people who lived here for tens of thousands of years beforehand.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Clearly off the forums topic, but you can actually listen to recordings of the last, full-blooded indigenous person in Tasmania singing songs in their native language in the Australian national library - incredibly cool and depressing at the same time.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

oliwan posted:

At least our beaches aren't full of flem. :saddowns:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
First this

Then this

piece of piss boys

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Tongues posted:

When you're sat in row Z
And the ball hits your head
That's Troisi

Zamora :colbert:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

url posted:

Zamora :colbert:

Well that can't be right we don't have a Zamora

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

oliwan posted:

Hrmm yes those fine upstanding and totally not racist dutch

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Tongues posted:

Well that can't be right we don't have a Zamora

heh, get one, they're okay for a season or two.

I always thought it was of the best chants (I think credit goes to west ham *spits*).
But yeah, it fits so closely to "That's Amore" that I consider it close to genius.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Byolante posted:

Hrmm yes those fine upstanding and totally not racist dutch

Zwarte Piet is a harmless tradition of the people and not racist because,

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

oliwan posted:

Zwarte Piet is a harmless tradition of the people and not racist because,

He went down the chimney.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Looking pretty healthy so far fellas. Just need to get a clean shot on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Australians may not know how to play football, but Tim Cahill sure does.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I'm Australian, but I'm also a Dutch citizen. I don't really care for soccer so whoever wins is good I guess?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

drunkill posted:

I'm Australian, but I'm also a Dutch citizen. I don't really care for soccer so whoever wins is good I guess?

I've got a ticket to clubmed manus for you mate

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shmoses posted:

Bit rough on Troisi, he was surely Victory's best player last season and he'd be our second best in that position after Bresh

Troisi is great but he's not a clinical finisher, that's all. He was sensational for Victory but I wouldn't want him up front at the world cup. On the wing sure, but not up front

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Guys guys guys, guys. Guys.

gently caress me what a game, I feel like I've been red bull and slapping my face all day

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
the fact that tim cahill is by far the best player in this team makes me wonder, whats the youth system in Australia like? is it ridiculously underdeveloped like in the us or do you see some future for the team?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

tetsman posted:

the fact that tim cahill is by far the best player in this team makes me wonder, whats the youth system in Australia like? is it ridiculously underdeveloped like in the us or do you see some future for the team?

Its getting better as the A league gets better. More players are going over to europe after coming through our youth systems now.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Timmy owns. That goal owned.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Whoever was having a whinge about being slapped in the face should shut up. That's un-australian behaviour.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Cuyxyxtfffjvjdd

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
AND BY THAT I MEAN PENALTY

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

WE'RE ON THE WAY BOYYYYYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Subbing Cahill? Looks like we're throwing in the towel.

• Locked thread