Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Capello's rear end is fired right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

vyelkin posted:

Capello has won seven league titles (four with Milan, two with Madrid, one with Roma) but has only ever won one cup competition (super cups don't count) when he managed Milan to the 1993-94 Champions League.

I don't know why anyone thought he would be a good idea for national teams, where literally every competition is a cup competition.

Maybe they want him for the European friendlies league

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sounds like Capello is in hot water: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/02/fabio-capello-russia-world-cup

quote:

Igor Ananskikh, the head of the State Duma’s sports committee, said he would indeed be calling Capello before the committee in October to explain the team’s poor performance. If Capello does decide to put in an appearance at the Duma, he can expect some interesting lines of questioning on football tactics. When asked what the biggest problem with the players was, Pakholkov said it was that Russia’s team are simply too small.

“Look at the size of the Koreans, even they are bigger than us! I’m not talking about Germans or Brazilians, who are obviously giants. Our guys are twice as small as them. I’m not against small players but Capello’s team can’t even run fast. What are they doing in the team?”

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Enigma89 posted:

Any word if the Russians are planning to host any games in Crimea? :allears:

I doubt they're going to host games in stadiums that weren't in their bid

• Locked thread