Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Crunkjuice posted:

To never see Jozy in a USA jersey again.

You mean captain of the USMNT Jozy Altidore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Yes they should have sent a shorter, fatter, slower and more cucked-out version of Wondo with an attitude problem.

USA did way better than expected, what more do you want?

I somehow doubt Landon would've hosed up that sitter v. Belgium.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

:gonk:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Yes they should have sent a shorter, fatter, slower and more cucked-out version of Wondo with an attitude problem.

USA did way better than expected, what more do you want?

I wanted to beat Belgium and not play like scared children the whole time.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I wanted to beat Belgium and not play like scared children the whole time.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPKQ56NS_rM

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wondo just got added to the roster for Friday.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

highme posted:

Wondo just got added to the roster for Friday.

Gross.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I, for one, welcome Wondo's addition to a meaningless friendly I likely won't watch in lieu of playing in a meaningful league match I will watch.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Klinsmann just named Donovan captain for Friday.

Makes sense. Give him 60, then take him out to a nice ovation.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Real Name Grover posted:

Is that a quote from Bianca on their marriage?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

the escape goat posted:

I somehow doubt Landon would've hosed up that sitter v. Belgium.

agreed, because he's a loving cancer and they wouldn't have overperformed the way they did to reach Belgium with him as a senior pro. he's also fat haha

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Babby Thatcher posted:

agreed, because he's a loving cancer and they wouldn't have overperformed the way they did to reach Belgium with him as a senior pro. he's also fat haha

If you really think Bedoya and Davis were/are better than Landon, then I feel bad for you because you're a loving idiot.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

If you really think Bedoya and Davis were/are better than Landon, then I feel bad for you because you're a loving idiot.

They were for the WC. Being better than a fat malcontent is easy, even for Brad Davis.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I wanted him to bring Donovan because of the not-great alternatives but Donovan was playing so poorly for such a long stretch in MLS and was also acting a little "roguish" or whatever in the run-up so it's hard to really blame him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bringing a dude who pretty much up and quit during a qualifying cycle wouldn't have gone well I don't think.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

When LD10 traveled to Brazil in the summer of 2014, he personally led the team undefeated out of the group of death, put up twelve hat tricks (unassisted), embarrassed the host nation with a scoreline of 7-1 (he went on to publicly apologize for doing so and simultaneously raised Brazil's GDP twelve-fold), won the World Cup, ended world hunger, cured cancer/AIDS/stupidity, and became ruler of the known Galaxy.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Goin to the match on Friday. I really fell in love with the game at WC2002, so it's gonna be weird to watch one of the last of that storied bunch playing his farewell match, particularly when it seemed like a given he'd keep going another few years. I thought it was weird that Klinsmann omitted him, but things worked out anyway-- I doubt we'd have done much better against Belgium with him there, tbh.

Of that 2002 side, only Brad Fridel, who's got one foot out the door, and DaMarcus Beasley, who I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing in Russia 2018, remain.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

They were

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Fucitol posted:

When LD10 traveled to Brazil in the summer of 2014, he personally led the team undefeated out of the group of death, put up twelve hat tricks (unassisted), embarrassed the host nation with a scoreline of 7-1 (he went on to publicly apologize for doing so and simultaneously raised Brazil's GDP twelve-fold), won the World Cup, ended world hunger, cured cancer/AIDS/stupidity, and became ruler of the known Galaxy.

Shitstrikers guide to the Galaxy

Can't remember who first made that post. It's a real beaut.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Suqit posted:

Shitstrikers guide to the Galaxy

Can't remember who first made that post. It's a real beaut.

And it was about Robbie Keane. Who I hear is the best player in the league this season (not saying much, I know...)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

franks posted:

And it was about Robbie Keane. Who I hear is the best player in the league this season (not saying much, I know...)

It was about Buddle i thought

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

African AIDS cum posted:

It was about Buddle i thought

No it was Keane.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I'm glad Landon is dead

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Can someone tell me how many goals Giuseppe Rossi would have scored for the yanks during the tourney?

Since we are working with all sorts of hypotheticals and not at all the reality of the US outperforming expectations, I need to go through the potential advanced stats of every attacking replacement.

Once done with that we can consider what ~*~might have been~*~ if Timmy Howard injured his shoulder trying to open a not quite ripe plantain.

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 8, 2014

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

nicolas anelka was a really good footballer. why didn't any team keep him on their books for a long stretch of time? divide the talent level by 10 and there's an analogy that works

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Babby Thatcher posted:

nicolas anelka was a really good footballer. why didn't any team keep him on their books for a long stretch of time? divide the talent level by 10 and there's an analogy that works
I don't think Landon is being oppressed by the global Jewish conspiracy?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Chris de Sperg posted:

I don't think Landon is being oppressed by the global Jewish conspiracy?

No he is oppressed by the far more terrifying global German conspiracy!!!

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!

Real Name Grover posted:

Apparently hes only playing 30.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Klinsmann going to look like a real mensch when he goes 32'

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

does this mean i have to change my avatar

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Howard, gratefully claims it. Distribution, Brilliant!

Landon Donovan, there are things on here for the USA. Can they do it here?? Cross, and DEMPSEY is denied again...

AND DONOVAN HAS SCORED!!! OH CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?? GOO GOO USA!!!!!

CERTAINLY THROUGH !!

OHHHHHHH ITS INCREDIBLE, YOU COULD NOT WRITE, A SCRIPT LIKE THIS!!!!

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
rip you bitch, i hate you and ill miss you forever

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Reek posted:

Howard, gratefully claims it. Distribution, Brilliant!

Landon Donovan, there are things on here for the USA. Can they do it here?? Cross, and DEMPSEY is denied again...

AND DONOVAN HAS SCORED!!! OH CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?? GOO GOO USA!!!!!

CERTAINLY THROUGH !!

OHHHHHHH ITS INCREDIBLE, YOU COULD NOT WRITE, A SCRIPT LIKE THIS!!!!

The best part of that call is about 15 seconds later when Harkes tries to describe the play on the replay and Darke just interrupts him and takes over.

What I'm trying to say is gently caress John Harkes

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Landon Donovan is really cool because despite being lame, he was good and made people irrationally mad.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The argument can be made that we wouldn't have made it out of our WC group in 2002 or 2010 without him, too, so there's that.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Donovan had a wasted career and its a shame his ability didn't go to someone with some GRIT who could have been a TOP player

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Donovan had a wasted career and its a shame his ability didn't go to someone with some GRIT who could have been a TOP player
Like Jozy?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
A good video
http://www.espnfc.us/team/united-states/660/video/2080671

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

The argument can be made that we wouldn't have made it out of our WC group in 2002 or 2010 without him, too, so there's that.

2002 you could argue, but 2010 we would have gotten maybe 1 point without him. His goals against Slovenia and Algeria were great.

edit: Just found out he has scored 101 times in 216 games for the US(Including youth). He scored 35 in 41 games for the u17s.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

African AIDS cum posted:

Do you really want to live in a world without bottoms?

• Locked thread