Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Devils Affricate posted:

If they showed up at the person's funeral or took other steps to make it clear to the dead person's loved ones that yes, they baptized them in the name of this faith that the deceased wanted nothing to do with, then that would be pretty assholeish. If they're just doing it as part of one of their Mormon ceremonies over in Mormon land, it doesn't really make any difference.

they've been repeatedly asked by relatives of holocaust victims to stop doing it yet they continue despite claiming to have stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Console Role Player posted:

It's funny because eventually the prophet is gonna have a revelation and say, "All right guys! God says it's all right for you homos to rear end gently caress eachother now! It wasn't before but now it is I guess!"

lol and every mormon will be like "oh ok, i guess that makes perfect sense"

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

comes along bort posted:

they've been repeatedly asked by relatives of holocaust victims to stop doing it yet they continue despite claiming to have stopped

This is true. You'd be surprised how many Jewish names you hear in the temple. And they all died around 1944 or 45. Hmmm.... :(

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Don't forget, the church owns a large percentage of land. This is from 1991 so the land holdings is probably higher than 500000 acres at the moment clicky

Ethan_Alan
Apr 8, 2008

I am threatened by non-violence
Good to see they're using all that money they save from church and corporate tax-breaks! No wonder they're big advocates for state's rights.

Console Role Player posted:

It's funny because eventually the prophet is gonna have a revelation and say, "All right guys! God says it's all right for you homos to rear end gently caress eachother now! It wasn't before but now it is I guess!"

Yeah, they had the same revelations towards polygamy and letting blacks in. Of course you still have fundamentalist sects in towns like colorado city full of batshit sexists who trade their daughters with one another. And if you're a boy? You just get left outside a Denny's.

Mormons are filth.

squelch
Mar 8, 2005

KILL KILL KILL HURR
According to a dissertation presented by a one Max Ford McBride for Brigham Young University:

McBride posted:

Aversive conditioning procedures have been successful in treating homosexuality. [...] Eyesenck (1971) specifies that aversion therapy is a behavioral technique principally used for disorders that are "socially undesirable or undesirable in the patient's own long terrm interests, but which he finds reinforcing at least in part." [...] The chief goal of aversion therapy is to reduce the probability of inappropriate response patterns with normal societal adjustment.
[...]

(PAGE 14): The patient was asked in a treatment room to masturbate using homosexual fantasies, as orgasm approached he was presented with heterosexual stimuli. This procedure was minimally effective in reducing inappropriate fantasies until it was combined with electric aversion procedures.

[...]

(PAGE 42): Seventeen male subjects (Ss) were used in the study, 14 completed treatment. [...] All Ss who participated were active or semi active members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

a-hyup.

squelch fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 28, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

comes along bort posted:

lol cold fusion

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

comes along bort posted:

who cares though. i think mormons are silly but baptizing random dead people behind closed doors doesn't seem like something anyone needs to get worked up about. do their relatives think mormon baptism actually works or something?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

squelch posted:

McBride posted:

(PAGE 14): The patient was asked in a treatment room to masturbate using homosexual fantasies, as orgasm approached he was presented with heterosexual stimuli. This procedure was minimally effective in reducing inappropriate fantasies until it was combined with electric aversion procedures.

The old 'bate and switch

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Benedick Cuckold posted:

who cares though. i think mormons are silly but baptizing random dead people behind closed doors doesn't seem like something anyone needs to get worked up about. do their relatives think mormon baptism actually works or something?

no, but lying isn't a very christian thing to do, which of course they aren't, but still

squelch
Mar 8, 2005

KILL KILL KILL HURR

Devils Affricate posted:

The old 'bate and switch

it "came" as a real "shock"

Ethan_Alan
Apr 8, 2008

I am threatened by non-violence

squelch posted:

According to a dissertation presented by a one Max Ford McBride for Brigham Young University:

a-hyup.

That was written in 79, and blacks were allowed into the priesthood at 78.

:catholic: Aww man, the nig African-Americans are threatening to boycott our businesses unless we let them in the church.
:reddit: But we can still hate the gays, right?
:catholic: right!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Devils Affricate posted:

The old 'bate and switch

I laughed way harder at this than I care to admit.

squelch posted:

it "came" as a real "shock"

This, too.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Hi Mormons I realize you are attached to your religion but it contains a major contradiction: you claim Joseph Smith is a prophet, when in fact Muhammad (pbuh) was the final prophet of Allah. I'm sorry to break this to you but it's for the best that you find out sooner rather than later.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

mormonism is legit the stupidest thing even dumber than islam which itself is pretty sped

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
reading this thread is funny because you have ethan_allen basically saying "YOU'RE poo poo FUCKERS AND I HATE YOU!!" and then chaoslord going "we're only kind of poo poo fuckers don't hate us" and ethan_allen getting more and more irate and crazy while chaoslord just remains the same level of crazy. it's pretty telling.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
"today i'm going to make it my personal goal to end this religion!" - some dumb people itt

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
The OP was not batshit crazy or angry.. you forget about that.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Ethan_Alan posted:

And people think the yarmulke is gay.
I just wanted to post this again because lol. Ive never seen the guy one before.

demonR6 posted:

It's a junk enhancer? Are they at least the finest silk available? Personally I would have them tailored to make them more trendy.

They're very soft cotton and baggy.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Things to do when God:

1. Create heavens and earth

2. Define and embody all truth and goodness

3. Everyone put on these giant diapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mr Tastee posted:

Oh and I think one of the guys who worked on New Vegas is a mormon because the Honest Hearts DLC is a lot nicer to Mormons than, well, everything else.

josh sawyer is an atheist with no mormon background but he wrote honest hearts to be a religious conflict thats not about whether religion is true but rather what you should do about it. he picked mormonism cause they were gonna be in van buren cause fallout is all about americana and mormonism is an 'american' religion. honest hearts rules btw

that's your obisdian sperg of the day

• Locked thread