Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I am so excited right now. Gracias, Chile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Good job, real Roja!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Thank you forever, Chile.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Amazing show.

Souvlaki ss
Mar 7, 2014

It's not tomorrow until I sleep
That game was epic.
The subway was 100% empty during the game, I have never seen Baquedano like that before

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
good job friends

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Thanks Chile you own and are cool.

Now go beat the dutch too~

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
chile is good and cool

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

HAY, HAY GUYS WE DID IT!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

dj_pain posted:

HAY, HAY GUYS WE DID IT!

I hope you're phoneposting from a parade/riot and not sitting at home right now

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

I hope you're phoneposting from a parade/riot and not sitting at home right now

im running around my backyard if that counts. (I start work in an hour :( )

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Chile own, I love the way they play and also the way they destroy Spain lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I've always liked Chile but having them in the Sweepstakes makes me like them more.

Also I would love if the rumours about Liverpool being in for Sanchez turned out to be true

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Man, Bravo fuckin' killed it this game. Let's hope whatever poo poo that happened to his wrist wasn't serious so we don't end up with Johnny "literally killed a person" Herrera.

Also I was so proud of Gary for keeping it cool during the whole match :unsmith:

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 19, 2014

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Univision mentioned Medel quite a few times and talked about his performances.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Juanito posted:

Univision mentioned Medel quite a few times and talked about his performances.

I remember that he was pretty much the backbone of the team in South Africa. After spending last year in a poo poo team I was afraid that he would have lost his edge, but he's still the one worthwhile defender. Also getting his rage issues under control really seems to have done wonders on him

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I think we can safely say, that today we were all Chileans.

Hoping they do well next round.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

SexyBlindfold posted:

I remember that he was pretty much the backbone of the team in South Africa. After spending last year in a poo poo team I was afraid that he would have lost his edge, but he's still the one worthwhile defender. Also getting his rage issues under control really seems to have done wonders on him

He's good but it terrifies me to have a 5'7 central defender. Does Chile not develop defenders or something?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
chile doesnt develop tall people

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

chile doesnt develop tall people

They don't fit in the mines.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Why are all the Chile players covered in prison tats?

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

it seems chile has become a better side since their last shakeup

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bogan Krkic posted:

Why are all the Chile players covered in prison tats?
:goonsay:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

No really, they're all covered in tats but every single one of those tattoos is loving atrocious. Vidal has his own initials tattooed on his neck, Vargas has the jumpman on his neck and an arm full of stars. For insanely rich dudes I'd have thought they would be able to get some tattoos that don't suck, and was genuinely wondering if gay rear end fail tattoos are a thing in Chile or something.

ommikoo
Nov 20, 2009
Just how often do you see non-lovely tattoos on footballers anyways?

...though Vidal's initials really are cringe-worthy.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Meireles, Agger, Nigel de Jong, Cahill, Giroud all have cool and good tattoos off the top of my head. The Chilean players all literally look like they went to a kitchen wizard and said 'make me look hard, ese'

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
i like vargas's stars

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

tetsman posted:

i like vargas's stars

They're poo poo as hell m8. One of the other players literally just has a big star on each elbow lol fuckin' wannabe hard oval office fagbois with their gay neck tattoos

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
make a world cup tattoos thread my friend

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

They're poo poo as hell m8. One of the other players literally just has a big star on each elbow lol fuckin' wannabe hard oval office fagbois with their gay neck tattoos

Someone's just upset they lost 3-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqwsKPL1-c

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
dj_pain, I am wearing my Chile kit today and people are gonna be hootin and hollerin because I've been wearing my Italy stuff all week.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

dj_pain, I am wearing my Chile kit today and people are gonna be hootin and hollerin because I've been wearing my Italy stuff all week.

:D

And no one can give you poo poo about it since you got it years ago :D

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I enjoy watching the Chilean men's national team

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bogan Krkic posted:

No really, they're all covered in tats but every single one of those tattoos is loving atrocious. Vidal has his own initials tattooed on his neck, Vargas has the jumpman on his neck and an arm full of stars. For insanely rich dudes I'd have thought they would be able to get some tattoos that don't suck, and was genuinely wondering if gay rear end fail tattoos are a thing in Chile or something.

ya I was a bit drunk when I posted that and then did some research and found out their tats are in fact poo poo

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So after the loss to netherlands, we face brazil.

It was a good world cup, we defeated spain. I'm just being realistic but there is no way we are knocking brazil out.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think Chile can do well. I don't think Brazil looks as great as they have in the past.

I don't really think Chile is going to win, but I want to believe. They just have to watch out for Fred diving.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Juanito posted:

I think Chile can do well. I don't think Brazil looks as great as they have in the past.

I don't really think Chile is going to win, but I want to believe. They just have to watch out for Fred diving.

Yo creo en la roja

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

brazil sucks you can take them

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/world-cup-2014/2014/06/26/4916987/brazilian-helicopter-caught-spying-on-chile-training

quote:

Thursday's session was halted by coach Jorge Sampaoli to stop the hosts' national broadcaster from transmitting live images of their preparations for Saturday's last-16 clash

Chile’s training session on Thursday was brought to a temporary standstill after a helicopter belonging to a Brazilian television station was caught spying on the team’s practice just outside Belo Horizonte.

The South Americans are preparing to face Brazil in the last 16 of the World Cup at the Estadio Mineirao on Saturday and the helicopter was transmitting live images from above to the nation’s largest broadcaster, TV Globo.

Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli quickly called a halt to the session until the helicopter was ushered away from local side Cruzeiro’s training centre at Toca da Raposa.

Training then resumed after a short break, but the session ultimately overran by around 50 minutes, with journalists forced to wait outside on the street.

"It didn’t bother us," midfielder Mauricio Isla told reporters at the press conference after training, which started late partly due to the unexpected intruder. "But our coach was worried they might see our moves and how we are preparing for the match."

And he joked: "We tried to hit it [the helicopter] with the balls but we weren’t able to!"
Brazil wants to learn our secret moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
If you don't get FIFA hosed (which you probably will) I think you can take Brazil. They don't look that good.

• Locked thread