Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Dias posted:

We're gonna get smashed by Germany so bad.

Given our performance today I'm really scared of facing Uruguay next.

Between the two, Colombia is a better team, but I think we are more suited to play them instead of Uruguay, both tactically and psychologically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I agree too, Chile easily could give any of the 15 finalists a run for their money and send them home. Their tactical sense was immense, good values individually as well. Sampaoli owns.

Still, Rodriguez and Cuadrado will be troublesome to say the least.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Even if France and Germany aren't being overestimated, Chile and Mexico definitely are underestimated. Both those european teams mentioned would have a hard time against them, and look at how Mexico dominated the whole first half against Netherlands right now. I get that they play mostly by letting the opposition possess the ball and counter-attacking, but still they barely had any chances.

Obviously now that I said this Holland will demolish the CONCACAF team by 5x0.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 29, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Eh, it's loving terrible for teams that aren't accustomed with this kind of climate to play, for sure, but doing stupid bullshit and chasing people everywhere is still playing badly, no matter the circumstances. I'm not exactly arguing who performs better under normal standard conditions for temperature and pressure or in theory, and other euro teams have done much better in similar heat at this Cup.

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

This. Try running for 90 minutes in 33 degrees celcius.

Well we do that all the time here :v:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 29, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Well, my bad then. Places like Manaus normally are worse/on par than/with Fortaleza, but if you say so I believe it.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 29, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Honestly, at this WC David Luiz has mostly been better than Thiago Silva so far though.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cart Cam posted:

It's hard to look good when you're defending for four players.

If anything, Luiz Gustavo is defending for basically a whole team.

On a side note, Thiago Silva has been a terrible captain so far and he is catching flack from pretty much everyone when it comes to that.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 30, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

No other players suspended, just him, and still I'm loving terrified because of that.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 30, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Brazil is poo poo. No, not in the apologetical "huhh well this is like, the worst Brazil squad in recent memory" I mean literally poo poo. Swansea city could take them on.

Salty

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Dias, out of curiosity, which club do you support?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

:hfive: 'sup fellow sufferer (Palmeiras).

Here's to good times of 5x0 - 5x1 playoff matches!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

On the other hand, Lucas Moura loving sucks

I can feel your pain :smith:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jose posted:

Whatever happened to Ganso did he just turn out to be a bit poo poo?

Yep, dude has no motivation at all and can't be arsed to give an effort. Since going to São Paulo he had at most like five good matches in more than a year, playing mediocre football the rest of the time. He is still hyped by the media though and they go "he's one of the best playmakers in the world!!" whenever he gives a lovely assist or w/e, it's pretty funny.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I've got to say that the cheeto tears from goony goons against Brazil in the match day threads feels pretty good.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

Is Leandro Damião a relevant player outside of video games? I might not have ever actually watched him play

Relevant? Probably. Good? He is one of the shittiest single strikers in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A this year and a few months back he couldn't play well to save his life against third division teams in the São Paulo State Championship, draw your own conclusions

He and Pato are two players that pretty much only europeans think are still good.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 5, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I wish we had Garrincha like when Pelé was out in 62 :qq:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Neymar is not Pele. At best he's an overhyped, black Robert Pires. You'll be fine

Lol @ you thinking I was comparing Neymar to Pelé or anything like that

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't know anyone that thinks Pato is any good any more.

Dunno, I've seen like four posts in this very forum asking why he wasn't in this squad and even replied to a couple of them

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I don't think Neymar is going to go that way at least before he is like 32.

After that initial youngster-who-suddenly-owns-the-world phase and his problems with Dorival Jr., he (along with his father, regardless of the guy being a scumbag) takes his career very loving serious when it comes to commitment.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 5, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Zwabu posted:

Can anyone recommend any particular good documentary movies or shows about Pele, preferably with a lot of good highlight footage, that puts into perspective the man's importance to the sport of football overall and to the Brazil national team in particular?

From what I remember (watched it 10 years ago) it's more about the player than about his overall impact in football, but a straightforward answer is Pelé Eterno/Pele Forever.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Volkerball posted:

I'm not sure about great Brazilian players who only played in the Brasileiro in recent history.

Marcos, Rogério Ceni and that's pretty much it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Polidoro posted:

Oh, right :(

Well it was nice to make it to two world cups in a row. See you in 20 years.

Relax, if anything it will be us who won't make it for the first time :mrgw:

• Locked thread