Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Miniature Moose posted:

So many great dancers tonight. Loved the battle with the guy from Kansas, Cyrus, Legacy, and Fik-shun. Jaja was amazing. :allears: The impromptu duet with Mary Poppins and Fik-shun was awesome.

Yes, this was all awesome! This is why I love the auditions for this show more than any other show audition episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

My early favorite is (spelling) Marquette. I also like Emilio. The girls had less of an impression on me.

Definitely was sad about Jaja.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

Tell her some random dude on the internet thinks she's great.

And some random girl. Valerie is very :3:

Also: I am phobic of falling down stairs. I had a hard time watching that routine. Mad props to them.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 3, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I thought Nigel said "It's sad we have to lose 2 next week."

But if 4 are going home I think the contemp couples are going to get hit hard as they were all just normal contemporary routines imo. Although I did like that lift in the Sonya Tayeh one where he's holding her on his back with her feet in his hands and she's doing the splits. That seemed really hard.

But I didn't vote for any of them. I voted for Marcquet and Emilio(like I said, they're my early favorites) and Valerie.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 3, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Miniature Moose posted:

On another note, I thought it was hilarious that Nigel mentioned the Dancing With the Stars connection because Dmitry, Lacey, Witney, Jenna, Lindsay, Artem, and Chelsie have all been featured on DWTS as either contestants or part of their troupe dancers. Phillip and Kathryn were also featured dancers in 2 of the DWTS group performances this season.

Yeah, it's like he was reminding new viewers or something. I didn't think of it then, but yeah, it's funny he didn't say "with Louis van Amstel and Dmitry choreographing tonight."

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Atticus, I'm thinking you'll back me up here.... Bridget sucked in that hip hop routine. WAY overpraised by the judges, right? Really underwhelming. I kept imagining some contemp dancer like Lauren Froderman in that routine, better yet someone like Comfort. She wasn't strong at all.

Edit: Meanwhile they poo poo on Emily and she actually held her own.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 10, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Anya and Pasha :swoon:

No super stand out dances for me this week, although I did like the skeleton dance, the cane dance, and the viennese waltz.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Miniature Moose posted:

* The Skeleton hip hop (Serge/Carly) - I thought this was just really cool. I could watch it over and over again. No clue why Nigel hated it.

Sometimes I think Nigel does that just to get people to vote for his favorites. People will be like, "Yeah, I'll show that Nigel Lithgow!"

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

...! posted:

I'm starting to feel a little ripped off this season. Cat hasn't created a horrific abomination out of her hair yet.

Or worn something overly garish.

Ricky gets all the (metaphorical, I didn't actually vote this week) votes for me for looking like Hook from Once Upon a Time in that last number. GIS because I'm too lazy to upload a pic: https://www.google.com/search?q=hook+once+upon+a+time&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9G_RU_ndNciJiwL1oIFo&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1200&bih=572

If four are getting thrown off next week, I would gladly see Teddy and Casey go. I can't tell them apart and neither of them have had wow moments. Same for Emily and Jessica.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Meow Cadet posted:

Is Misty a permanent judge? I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention if they ever mentioned her as a new edition, or just an extended guest spot.

I hope not. I have nothing against Misty but I like variety.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

My favorites right now are Emilio and Serge, which is saying something because my favorites are almost never guys.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Okay I'm only partially through the episode but I have to say right now: Jean Marc Genereux is amazing. Such an amazing level of camp.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Misty Copeland's muscles... :drat:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/under-armour-settles-whether-ballet-is-a-sport-in-new-breathtaking-ad

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

At least Emilio went out on a high note. :(

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I'd be alright with Zach and Ricky as top two, but Casey might slip in there instead of Zach.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Oh god, when I wrote that previous post I completely forgot Rudy exists. Rudy. :eng99: Yeah, he'll probably slip in there above Casey.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I would have preferred a Valerie/Jaque top two myself. Jessica is not memorable to me. Also I'm miffed I can't vote for that Jaque solo - it was my favorite solo of the night!

Hip hops were good, the broadway was awesome, didn't really like the rave or the 99 red balloons, except for the cool ball stuff at the beginning.

Edit:

Miniature Moose posted:

Although, I wonder if they were waiting Emilio to be voted off before Phillip could choreograph. The timing was a bit odd.

Do Phillip and Emilio have beef with each other or something?

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 21, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Ah yeah, that makes sense.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Are you talking about the flesh-colored fabric that is used a lot in dance and ice skating? It's there to keep their dresses on, essentially. They wanted it to look like the Jessica Rabbit dress, but that dress would never have stood up to the dancing, so they add that flesh colored fabric to keep everything G rated.

I think I would be pretty happy with any winner, but I have to say I think Ricky deserves it most.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

...! posted:

Wait, they're doing one winner this season? I thought they determined that that just screws the guys over.

Edit: Maybe they can only afford one prize this year. This isn't giving me hope for a new season.

I think they already confirmed another season on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Fun video with Dtrix, Chbeeb, and Lauren F. http://youtu.be/RJFbZPJsCFg

• Locked thread