Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fanpantstic
Jul 30, 2010

inner breathlessness
outer restlessness
Oh man, I forgot to start watching this until now, so I am marathoning to catch up. I'm up to the top 10 episode.

Thoughts so far:

I really like Zach. I think he's so understated when he's not dancing and he totally transforms when he's dancing. I don't think he'll win because he's so quiet, but I think he's great and sweet.

Ricky is clearly amazing. I had to re-watch that Skin and Bones solo from notVegas week immediately. Though his piece with LoFro was my least favorite of all his so far.

I wish Jaja had made it onto the top 20, she was great. I have trouble telling most of the girls apart. I think I like Jessica.

They have way overplayed the Ricky-Jacque thing, but he's pretty gosh-dang-ding-dong adorable when he's talking about her.

I'm trying to remember my favorite routine so far this season and nothing is standing out whoa to me. Maybe because I've been cramming all the episodes together.

PS: Oh man, Cat Deeley looked killer in that Mara Hoffman dress... yesss.

e: I might also like Zach because he looks like William H. Macy. Also where is Jesse Tyler Ferguson, aka, my favorite judge? Also, I thought that the fact that they had Justin Bieber on the show was friggin' hilarious, half because it's such pandering, half because he was so loving stoned the whole time. What a joke.

e2: I was also bummed that the funky ballerina Amir didn't make it onto the show. I thought she was fab.

e3: lol at the girl who was sure Marcquet was "hip-hop" when he was actually ballroom. Foot in your mouth easier when you're flexy? Though it turns out he is in a hip-hop crew and just is smart enough to play to the odds.

e4: I was also surprised that Trevor Bryce didn't make it. Hope we see him in the future. He had some flair.

fanpantstic fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanpantstic
Jul 30, 2010

inner breathlessness
outer restlessness
Zack and Fik-shun! Dang. When Chbeeb was like, "It's an inkblot dance," I was afraid it would be gimmicky and dumb and instead it was awesome and beautiful and hilarious. I flippin' loved it and it is probably the routine that has stood out the most for me for the whole season.

Ricky really held his own cha-cha'ing with Anya. He looked grreat. Plus he can riff about wearing heels and his solo was so very great.

I liked Val and Twitch's hip-hop, but she's not my favorite dancer.

I really, really liked Jacque and Will's 99 Red Balloons, especially the beginning. It was nice to see Jacque open up enough to trust Will and connect with him when they were dancing. Her solo was really pretty, even if it seemed more canned than heartfelt. I am bummed she got cut.

I would love to see Zack win, but Ricky's def got the personality AND the moves.

Yay for dancing! Yay for Jesse Tyler Ferguson next week!!!!

fanpantstic
Jul 30, 2010

inner breathlessness
outer restlessness
Travis Wall! Robert Roldan! Jesse Tyler Ferguson! Aaron Turner! Aaaaaaah....

Those poor dancers must be exhausted.

I absolutely loved Jessica and Robert's dance. I couldn't tear my eyes away. Man, Travis Wall has an exceptional skill for moving bodies together seamlessly and a deep well of relationship angst. Gosh dang beautiful. Rewatching x 2.

Ricky, I want him to win. He's exceptional. Just big genuine emotion.

I also liked the hip-hop (dddddang), the afro-jazz and the broadway.

:allears: Robert Roldan.

ps: I'm also going to rewatch that Aaron and Jasmine saloon hip-hop now, thx.

• Locked thread