Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Yay, its back! And so is this thread, didn't expect there to be one with the previous post rate.

Only halfway through the latest. Jaja was great though she should have included some more krump. I guess that means I.Am.me are competing in the crews though? And while on the subject I'm fairly sure we see Emilio in the intro, strange after going out with injury. Unless it isn't him.

Did anyone catch the Australian version these past months? Michael was pretty great.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

I didn't see Emilio and I doubt I.Am.Me competes if an individual is trying to be on the actual show.
Oops, typo, I did mean "aren't".

It was the first episode I thought I saw Emilio a couple of times in the graphic segments. Might not be him,

And I imagine you're right about poreotics, I'm almost certain they will have expected them to go through. Even with Nigel's love for tap.

e: ^^^also it really would be a big shame for it to end, even with the pretty long run that it has had. Are there any other networks state side that would pick up the format?

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 6, 2014

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
"I got in to dance because of this show" is the best.

drat, IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME UP THERE! If I'd ever learnt how to dance, that is.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I'm holding out for her to come in as a sub for an injury.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I haven't got to the end yet, will have to come back to it, ran out of time because I kept rewinding to watch the tap routine over again. Thought it was great.

Also, and I probably say it every year/week but, any of Travis' routines could be put up for an award of some sort, yet somehow they never feel repetitive to me. Incredible.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Happy to see they've stepped away from nappytabs a bit so far this year, and getting in some interesting looking hip/hop choreos - BUT a little disappointed that they've decided to do it in the year where they're shorter on the hard hitting hipity hoppers. Looking forward to the all stars though.

Still, I really like the group they've got. I think I've got too many favourites* to actually call any of them as my favourites.
Definitely no one, or even two, standing out as the winner for me yet. Which is probably a first out of any season.

I blame Jessica for her lack of chemistry problem. Nick was terrified of her, you could see it in the pre interview the week he left. I thought Marquet might have 'handled' it a bit better, but nope.

*Group routines FTW! :3:

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
There's the obvious ones that everyone is likely to have as favourites, i.e. Valerie and Emilo were my early favourites (personal favourites, not necessarily favourites to win), but I really do have loads now. I /really/ like Carly, Emily & Zack too.

So my current 'favourites' are,
Carly
Emilo
Emily
Ricky
Serge
Valerie
Zack

And I'm really not sure if I can narrow it down any more than that just yet!

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
God Jasmine H has to in the top few if not the best hip hopperer thats ever been on the show. Its hilarious that she come on as a contemporary dancer.

Only up to Valerie + Ade so far. Why did Tyce even bother choreographing anything there lovely nothing routine.

e: Well I thought that contemporary ballet was incredible. WOW.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 8, 2014

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

KilGrey posted:

She's not Comfort.

Yep, and she showed that when they danced together and she completely killed it.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010

KilGrey posted:

She kept up, but she didn't out dance Comfort in that performance.

I think she absolutely did out dance her. And not just by a little bit either.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Ricky is (and has been for a while) the obvious 'best'. But Zack is my favourite.

From the girls I don't think I'd have had either Jessica or Valerie as my top two. But several of my favourite girls went out too early for me to really say who my top girls were.

Really good group of dancers this year, though probably less standy-out stand out moments than we've had in the past.

Solos have mostly been a bit meh.

Also re Robert Roland, he seems like a completely different dude to how I remember him as a contestant. Great dancer, but I remember him being a bit awkward/weird/nerdy. Now its like he's been to the same School of 'emotional-enchanting-yet simultaneously totally vacant' that taught Karthryn everything she knows.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I honestly couldn't give drat how they have to sell it to get new seasons, so long as we continue to see loads of great routines.

Yeah, I do get caught up picking my favourites each year. But really I'd still watch if they just played back to back dance routines with no voting at all!

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Word on the streets is ABDC is coming back....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Well, I'm pretty sad about that.

• Locked thread