Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I just caught up on this. One thing that stuck out to me was when that first ballroom solo girl got through. "I'm so happy to go to LA."? Bitch, you danced with Mark Ballas on national television!

Just another example of how SYTYCD tries to play up diamond in the rough stories, rather than the reality of dance "dynasties" where everyone is a student or contemporary of each other. Stupid complaints aside, overall there seems to be a lot of really good dancers this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Atticus Finch posted:

I haven't watched the last half hour yet, but how funny that the guy that said "I'm not like the rest of Dragon House" proceeded to be nowhere near as awesome/humble as the rest of Dragon House.

For his speech before the dance, he could have just been overly passionate. Then it turns out he's just a lovely dancer with an inflated ego. Shame.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Skeleton and Cane were fun. The "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" Jazz number was really good too.

I wasn't a fan of the Viennese Waltz though. The part in hold was so jerky and bad that it brought the rest of the routine down for me.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

For me the front runner for the guys is definitely Ricky. He's absolutely killed it on pretty much all his routines and his personality is inoffensively charismatic without any annoying quirks.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Performance of the night was Ricky and Valerie's Hip Hop for me. For the elimination, on the girl's side, yeah Jessica was the best/most memorable out of all of them for me. On the guy's side, Serge never had a chance--though I would always like a Ballroom/Latin boy to go far in competition. Between the other two, Teddy was the worst dancer I liked and Casey was the best dancing I hated, and I would have been okay with either making it through.

Also, it was kind of hilarious when some of the finalists clearly had no idea who their All-Star was.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Zach's been in memorable and I'm not crazy about Casey, so I wouldn't mind if Rudy manages to mediocre his to second place.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm a little sad to see Rudy go, but it's not like he was going to win anyway, I guess. On the girls' side, I'm not as invested in that race.

I really liked the routine from Control Freakz, but that might just be because I love Amelie so much, including the soundtrack.

And in other news, contemporary dancer Allison Holker from season 2 is apparently going to be a professional dancer on the next season of Dancing with the Stars? Well okay then.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

My thoughts on the episode:

That Broadway, man, with the swing and the Frank Sinatra. Too good.

Casey and Jessica's disco was pretty meh.

The foxtrot was pretty bad.

Valerie's hip hop was mostly good, but you're going to look like crap when you're dancing hip hop next to Twitch.

Jacque dancing with a red exercise ball to 99 Red Balloons was a cheesy concept, but beautifully executed.

The jazz rave routine was not very good for me. I guess it wasn't poorly danced, but I just didn't like it.

Ricky's chacha with Anya was pretty much as good as it gets for a contemporary dancer doing Latin.

The contemporary with Casey and Makenzie was actually quite good. I still don't like Casey though.

By the way, the solos were amazing. I really liked Zack's tap, and Jacque's for the costuming and music choice. I mean, ballet to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy? Ridiculous!

Zack's Hip Hop with Fik Shun was the dance of the night for me. It's the first dance he did that I really loved, and I'm glad he got into the finale.

I'm pretty miffed that Jacque didn't it to the end. I liked her better than Valerie.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Zach is definitely peaking at the right time. If all you looked at was these finale dances, it'd be a pretty close race. But overall, it's Ricky's to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

After a short stint on Dancing with the Stars from So You Think You Can Dance.

• Locked thread