Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

She's great at her style but I don't think she cut it in other styles well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Tasty Towels posted:

Also, I found this video on the sameness of contemporary. I really thought of Travis (even though I love him). It might just be the guys pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQyALIEydbc

This is loving hilarious and now I'm never going to be able to unsee it when I watch a contemporary routine. I don't mind in the least.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

Making a bunch of 18-20 year olds attempt to interpret love is pretty funny, though.

Also watching the guys cringe when they have to get close to and touch their partners.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I think the dancing was probably pretty great in that contemporary ballet, but it would've been easier to appreciate if the (lack of) lighting wasn't so intrusive.

Yeah, I had the same problem. I thought it might have been my TV but I had a hard time seeing anything from the knees down on them unless they lifted their legs.

I LOVE Miriam and Leonardo. Their tangos are always sexy as hell. I had a hard time getting fully into this though because Tanisha looks like she's 12 and Ryan looks like he's in his 30's. It was a good routine and they danced it well but I had to really bend my brain to look past that.

I have to second (or is it third or fourth) the Tyce hate. It's not just about his choreo but the fact he's a smug little poo poo as well. You aren't that special.

Emilio and Jasmine were okay. I just want NappyTabs to fad into the sunset. I don't care that they can still pull out some okay routines, there are so many a-loving-mazing hiphop choreographers out there that they should be spreading the love to.

MeKeV posted:

God Jasmine H has to in the top few if not the best hip hopperer thats ever been on the show.

She's not Comfort.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

MeKeV posted:

Yep, and she showed that when they danced together and she completely killed it.

She kept up, but she didn't out dance Comfort in that performance.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I have a soft spot for Zach. I lOVED his and Aaron's routine. His solo was also slick as hell. I'd be happy if he wins.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I don't know how I feel about this. :(

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Meow Cadet posted:

I think it's fantastic (without thinking about it too much). I love the divide being between styles and not gender.

They'll still probably divide then into gendered partners. They'll have too and people will still be dancing outside their styles. I know they are trying a new gimmick to keep the show alive but I don't see this working out well for a few reasons. Maybe I'm not understanding how the show is going to be set up...

When it comes to the live show are they going to pair a bboy with a tapper and a popper with a ballet dancer and make them salsa? Then the lowest from each team gets eliminated or the lowest couple gets eliminated? How are the street vs stage really competing against each other then? How is it all that different from what we have now other than more "street" dancers? I've never liked how they treated hip hop in the past. Are they finally going to allow hip hop dances to be broken down into different styles when assigned?

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 18, 2014

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I'm not overly excited by the new format either. I think I need to see it first because I don't quite understand how it's supposed to go.

Atticus Finch posted:

I think it's become obvious that hip-hop is their most popular style of dance/dancer and the fact that they never choose a lot of them has come back and bit them in the rear end. I think it's an extreme change, too, but at least we'll see more hip-hop dancers given a chance.

Let's hope that they bring in more hip hop choreographers to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

MeKeV posted:

Well, I'm pretty sad about that.

Yeah, she toned it down in recent years and became enjoyable to me. She got the memo to not shriek like a banshee every performance.

Why is she leaving? Last time it was due to cancer, I hope everything is okay.

• Locked thread