Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Hi. My friend and I are planning to go to Spain to finally see Extremoduro live after digging the for years. We're thinking about travelling in September since both of us have work during the summer and it should still be nice and warm so early in the Autumn. Naturally the gig is going to be only a part of the trip, so I would be most grateful if some of you espaņogoons could help us out in our decision as to which city to visit!

Here are the cities they'll be touring in September:

Daimiel (Ciudad Real)
Don Benito (Badajoz)
Oviedo
Bilbao
Logroņo
Valladolid

We'd prefer to go to some smaller city to avoid the tourist-y feel you tend to get in the bigger ones. I'm sorry I don't have any more specific questions. If you can tell some of the highlights, places to see, up and downsides or anything else of interest of the aforementioned cities, that would be very cool. Good food is naturally appreciated. :)

We're coming from Finland if that should be of any importance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014
How will you be traveling from place to place? On your list, check out Logroņo and maybe Valladolid. I would try and get to Salamanca/Ávila/Segovia , there's some amazing history there. Burgos, Jerez are nice as we'll, and it's a bigger city but Zaragoza is beautiful.

Also, don't worry about the "touristy" stuff, you can even escape it in Barcelona.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

blueyedevil posted:

How will you be traveling from place to place? On your list, check out Logroņo and maybe Valladolid. I would try and get to Salamanca/Ávila/Segovia , there's some amazing history there. Burgos, Jerez are nice as we'll, and it's a bigger city but Zaragoza is beautiful.

Also, don't worry about the "touristy" stuff, you can even escape it in Barcelona.

Probably we'll take a bus or train to get to where we want to go from the airport. In this sense, Valladolid seems like a solid choice. I took a glance at some of the towns using google street view, and Daimiel and Don Benito seem to be right out since they seem to have pretty much nothing of interest in them.

We probably won't have that much time to check other cities besides the one we go to, but maybe we'll stay a few days at Valladolid or Logroņo and then visit whatever cool place is between that and Madrid.

Thanks for your suggestions!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I wouldn't necessarily say a smaller city is guaranteed to be less touristy. I found it was very easy to escape the "tourist" thing and just do whatever you want in Madrid, and markedly less so in Granada (which, mind you, is a very touristy place, so it's probably not representative of all smaller Spanish cities).

• Locked thread