Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you think?
i agree, op
i dunno, i guess i see what you're saying
i really don't see it like that
hmm. i don't follow politics too much, but i hope there will be a productive discussion here so i can learn
View Results

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

i am he posted:

conservatives dumb

liberals smart

Perhaps the truth is somewhere....in the middle, i am he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

etalian posted:

doesn't the fossil fuel industry get billions of dollars in US tax payer subsidies?

Curse those green power nerds for demanding government help for their industry

obama is actually about to go around congress to kill coal so idk.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/us/politics/obama-to-offer-rules-to-sharply-curb-power-plants-carbon-emissions.html?_r=0

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

i am he posted:

conservatives dumb

liberals even dumber

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

i am he posted:

liberals dumb

conservatives so dumb they make liberals seem smart (but liberals still dumb actually)

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

Perhaps the truth is somewhere....in the middle, i am he.

whoa you got me thinkin now

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Im kinda glad we got the black president out of the way so they can stop whining. But now i fear a demand to elect some picante latina or latino or god forbid an oriental. Whoa unto the white man

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this latest pow swap now being a :siren:SCANDAL:siren: is loving amazing. i'm watching fox news and almost can't believe how dumb this is

also why are the taliban considered terrorists exactly? when you invade some place and the people living there fight you how is that terrorism

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

also why are the taliban considered terrorists exactly? when you invade some place and the people living there fight you how is that terrorism

Great premise, even though it overlooks how the taliban were originally a foreign faction from Pakistan, that successfully invaded and took over the whole country

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

etalian posted:

Great premise, even though it overlooks how the taliban were originally a foreign faction from Pakistan, that successfully invaded and took over the whole country

ok i'm pretty ignorant about the taliban. dont they come from ppl who live in the border region and dont really recognize the border. i assume they all live in the mountains of beautiful tribal afghanistan/pakistan. im white

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

ok i'm pretty ignorant about the taliban. dont they come from ppl who live in the border region and dont really recognize the border. i assume they all live in the mountains of beautiful tribal afghanistan/pakistan. im white

Nope it was originally a fundamentalist group based out pakistan and bankrolled by Saudi Arabia.

Due to the chaos in post soviet invasion afganistan and also big support from Pakistan the taliban managed to buy off or kill all the more local groups of mujadeen who survived the soviet invasion.

The taliban was pretty much a proxy force for Pakistan's regional interests and also would have ended in military failure if wasn't for Pakistan helping to replace the massive losses the movement suffered during the first few months.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

so where do they get all the loving recruits. just poor rear end ppl in west pakistan?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Im kinda glad we got the black president out of the way so they can stop whining. But now i fear a demand to elect some picante latina or latino or god forbid an oriental. Whoa unto the white man

John C. Calhoun, 1848 posted:

The next reason which my resolutions assign, is, that it is without example or precedent, wither to hold Mexico as a province, or to incorporate her into our Union. No example of such a line of policy can be found. We have conquered many of the neighboring tribes of Indians, but we have never thought of holding them in subjection—never of incorporating them into our Union. They have either been left as an independent people amongst us, or been driven into the forests.

I know further, sir, that we have never dreamt of incorporating into our Union any but the Caucasian race—the free white race. To incorporate Mexico, would be the very first instance of the kind of incorporating an Indian race; for more than half of the Mexicans are Indians, and the other is composed chiefly of mixed tribes. I protest against such a union as that! Ours, sir, is the Government of a white race. The greatest misfortunes of Spanish America are to be traced to the fatal error of placing these colored races on an equality with the white race. That error destroyed the social arrangement which formed the basis of society. The Portuguese and ourselves have escaped—the Portuguese at least to some extent—and we are the only people on this continent which have made revolutions without being followed by anarchy. And yet it is professed and talked about to erect these Mexicans into a Territorial Government, and place them on an equality with the people of the United States. I protest utterly against such a project.

Sir, it is a remarkable fact, that in the whole history of man, as far as my knowledge extends, there is no instance whatever of any civilized colored races being found equal to the establishment of free popular government, although by far the largest portion of the human family is composed of these races. And even in the savage state we scarcely find them anywhere with such government, except it be our noble savages—for noble I will call them. They, for the most part, had free institutions, but they are easily sustained among a savage people. Are we to overlook this fact? Are we to associate with ourselves as equals, companions, and fellow-citizens, the Indians and mixed race of Mexico? Sir, I should consider such a thing as fatal to our institutions.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cat Mattress posted:

Still more relevant than the EU (collectively or individually).

which is ok too. states are poo poo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Big Beef City posted:

The best part of Fog Tripper's gimmick is that like most conservatives, his only response is self-serving indignation instead of any clarity or reason. "LOL NO U!!!!" posts for eternity.

he is also 50 years old

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong

THS posted:

so where do they get all the loving recruits. just poor rear end ppl in west pakistan?

yea. lots of angry, impoverished young men looking to stick it to the great satan.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

Yup, basically that part of pakistan is controlled by crazy fundies not the central government and there's plenty of extremist religious schools to provide a good supply of recruits

So despite massive losses the taliban stayed in the game since they could always count on thousands of new recruits crossing the border to replace their losses.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

good to know. i will be less likely to say ignorant poo poo in the future

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i do believe Obama is creating a whole new batch of terrorists in Yemen what with all their drone strikes scarring children for life and probably creating life-long hatred for the US.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Obama is creating new terrorists in Yemen but not because of that.
It's the vast underground cloning facilities he's set up to make an infinite supply of himself to suicide bomb america because he hates it so much

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Bring back "our" girls

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

myshl0ng posted:

Bring back "our" girls

ignore all the girls we explode on the reg with drone assassinations

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

myshl0ng posted:

Bring back "our" girls

The Boko Haram will read many outraged tweets and realize they did something wrong.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
only the 21st century republican party could spin a POW release into a bad thing
and only barack obama and the hapless congressional democrats could roll over and let that be the dominant narrative within 24 god drat hours

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

obama is a lovely and boring presidnet

dick and bush were cartoonishly evil and fun to hate

so yeah i do miss him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

babypolis posted:

obama is a lovely and boring presidnet

dick and bush were cartoonishly evil and fun to hate

so yeah i do miss him

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

etalian posted:

it caused even a fox news anchor to break down in tears over its shear goodness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCuD31Dszc

lol theres so much great stuff here. like wolf blitzer separates his meal into piles of the same stuff or an anchor being visibly pissed off when he gets bored of shepards dumb spiel about his lunch and tries to talk about something else

and then shep acts like a loving child and calls him a jerk when he talks about his own lunch jesus christ is fox news always like this

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

babypolis posted:

lol theres so much great stuff here. like wolf blitzer separates his meal into piles of the same stuff or an anchor being visibly pissed off when he gets bored of shepards dumb spiel about his lunch and tries to talk about something else

and then shep acts like a loving child and calls him a jerk when he talks about his own lunch jesus christ is fox news always like this

only when it's good, yeah it's generally a whole lot shittier

shep is #1 nooz guy on focks

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

etalian posted:

The Boko Haram will read many outraged tweets and realize they did something wrong.

the heavy handed twitter assault is pretty unethical. i feel bad for the unjust assault on these peaceful boko haram fellas.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 4, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

it caused even a fox news anchor to break down in tears over its shear goodness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCuD31Dszc

Shep Smith owns.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

THS posted:

good to know. i will be less likely to say ignorant poo poo in the future

That would be pretty impressive for a Marxist Leninist to pull off

By the way how's that revolution coming?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It's sad, but Obama is every bit as bad and evil as Bush/Cheney. I never thought that could be possible.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Pawn 17 posted:

It's sad, but Obama is every bit as bad and evil as Bush/Cheney. I never thought that could be possible.

remember when obama had to "make up my mind" on gay marriage and only decided to support after it was clear the tide had turned, when "evil" dick cheney supported ages lmao

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ponce de Le0n posted:

remember when obama had to "make up my mind" on gay marriage and only decided to support after it was clear the tide had turned, when "evil" dick cheney supported ages lmao

only reason cheney changed his mind is because of his daughter :colbert:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Agrajag posted:

:colbert

ah yes, of course lol

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

I wonder how much of this thread is parroting what jon stewart/stephen colbert said at one time or another.

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I wonder how much of this thread is parroting what jon stewart/stephen colbert said at one time or another.

uhhh both of them suck

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

i am he posted:

uhhh both of them suck

they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
How are you supposed to get upset at your prime-minister or king or whatever you call them in the USA when it seems like your House of Commons is setup to make it impossible to actually accomplish anything. Its not Obama's fault that your government deadlocks and acts like children over every little thing.

And what's the deal with naming laws the opposite of what they're supposed to do? If Obama wants to get anything done couldn't his party just name all bills some variant of "<Insert Horrible Thing> the Poor" and be done with it?

Sauer fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 2, 2014

• Locked thread