Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

There's a cool little easter egg of sorts when you first encounter Chris Walker properly: when he turns his back after checking the first locker, try sneaking into the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

DumbRodent posted:

Also I'm very fond of your avatar. I was considering covering that magnificent game and even did some tests, but Oatmeal Raisin did such a great job of it I decided to leave it be.

Having 100%ed the game and finished it on FUBAR difficulty, I can honestly say I cannot get sick of that game at all, so I would absolutely have watched that LP. I think it probably would've been as an observer though, I don't see how I could've added anything more to the game past the posts I made for that thread (other than a few bits and pieces I've noticed in my playthoughs since).

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

azren posted:

That said, I have trouble taking those twins seriously. Not because of their nudity, or anything, and they do have some nicely creepy dialogue, but for some reason, I keep thinking of those weird twins from Superjail,* and it kinda bounces me out of the creepiness.

Thank god I'm not the only one. The moment where they're talking about how you vanished is prime Superjail! material.

Would that make Chris Walker Jailbot?

Speedball posted:

Haven't seen a single gun despite all the dead guards and dead mercenaries too. Not that I think this game would be improved by becoming a shooter, I just want to know who took 'em! The inmates aren't using them. And if the guards and mercs had guns, who killed them?

Current guess, Father Martin seems to have some control over the inmates. Either he's getting them to squirrel the guns away, or Walker's breaking them into itty bitty pieces before you can get to them.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

ninotoreS posted:

Urgh.

The guy should have been there from the very beginning of the scene, not awkwardly strolling in mid-scene. Then the guy actually CONTINUES to move, shifting his weight constantly; eye-draw, eye-draw, eye-draw. Then the awkward camera framing bends over backward to keep him in the scene, and in the unlikely event the viewer still hasn't noticed the dude, surely he/she will notice him then.

Ironically, I think it's more likely the director actually intended for the viewer to immediately notice the guy standing there. Otherwise, this scene just doesn't understand at all how to really conceal something in plain sight; you do it by making the object/person you're trying to hide remain completely still. Movement receptors in our eyes we spent millions of years evolving as a survival mechanism should instantly draw your attention to anomalous movement like that in an otherwise still background.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Edit: Liv Tyler's cute, though. Maybe KozmoNaut was just so entranced with her elfin charm it made the scene work. :p

It says a lot when your average Slenderman video on Youtube has better framing and understanding of background elements than a big-budget Hollywood movie. I think the camera wiggling about was supposed to counteract it, but it just makes the whole thing look even sillier.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The bloodloss is one thing, but it's basic instinct to want to protect or cover a wound in some way or another, especially one that grievous. You could easily argue that Miles is in a mild state of shock (and probably getting worse every time something smacks him), but the fact he doesn't even rip up a sheet during a quiet moment is a real niggle for me.

• Locked thread