Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Joe cuts jobs; double protest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Exactly the sort of nutbar who shouldnt be one, even temporarily, and especially without expensive training and pay incentives

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

Jesus, I go to get a burger and Shaw shits his pants in public

What kind of burger?

Andrews is pretty boring but his press conference explained why I have no idea who the current Vic Labour leader is.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Second time today someone has told me they are going there. Did they improve the burgers recently. because when I went a few months back it was alright at best. Huxtaburger is pro.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Won't someone please think of the babies in their mummies tummies

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Mr Chips posted:

How could someone with no money/income be forced to pay it off?

If you turn it into a real debt the possibilities for collection agencies are endless.

That's why everyone should be making GBS threads their loving pants right now. Don't think 1 step ahead to index rates and $7 co-pays, think 3 to 4 steps ahead to private debts and co-pay increases at the same rate as HECS increased over the years.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I cant wait for the much hyped boomer workforce exodus. Call centres around the world will empty out as all the kids with masters who are stuck setting up internet connections and taking foxtel payments are finally wanted somewhere.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Captain Pissweak posted:

The boomers will never retire and you'll die aged thirty from starvation when the safety net safety net is slashed to ribbons, hth.

Jokes on you, I'm still trapped in the poo poo cycle at 32 :smug:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
As someone who only just got a job after a long period of applying my advice is that everyone has One Hot Tip on how to get a job. Take the advice you're comfortable following.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
My grandmother had the best advice: "I used to train women to be receptionists and the advice I gave to them was to always go into the office personally to apply because if the boss has a fat wife at home he might like a stern skinny lady in the office and if he has a skinny wife at home he might like a jolly fat woman in the office". I'm sure that advice actually worked on many occasions and probably still applies to this day for certain positions and industries but it's not strictly relevant to me and it doesn't make me comfortable. Get used to smiling and nodding when people tell you how to get a job for reals, this totally worked for me.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I was asked to leave (not officially expelled because then they have to refer you to another) Catholic school and I am generally hosed up but I don't quite know where that anecdote fits in with the data.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Probably. Smells like teen spirituality

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ymmv but my post office opens at 6am for parcel collections only to cater for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
HI GUYS I MISSED YOU

There has been so much confusing pol and no aus to explain it neatly with dick jokes

• Locked thread