Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
Your face is funny...

Looking! Oh burn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Says SopWATh to the empty page

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

rcman50166 posted:

GBS is as funny as you allow it to be.

Feel the funny. Let it flow through you. Become one with the joke.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

idk my bff jill?

aeternum
Sep 3, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i still click every single airhorn no matter what

gently caress yea

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i posted poverty ghost, which is a meme i stole from bodybuilding.com, in november and it was barely funny then

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
also may i say, u aware?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Rangpur posted:

i like neo-gbs because i don't have to make any effort to post. spelling errors, grammar, who gives a gently caress too much work. now i can just poo poo out whatever pops into my head, + sometimes people have ripe rear end cartoon tittays in their avatars which is a p. nice bonus
exactly the same

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to like anything yet, OP. It's likely we will never be able to like things again.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i just like shitposting and the irrlevance of the shift key

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

babypolis posted:

i just like shitposting and the irrlevance of the shift key

That's why you're an amateur. The shift key adds weight to the sick burns. You got potential kid; stay with it.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Benedick Cuckold posted:

something awful is usually at its best when something funny and ridiculous happens irl and gives the funnier posters material to riff on. but reality has been pretty boring lately

We've run out of historical backlog to make fun of, so now, all that's left is what the present offers us.

IOW, back in 2001, a Hindenburg joke was still kind of fresh. People were making Star Wars jokes that hadn't been made yet. etc.
Today, we have whatever news happens and whatever obscurity we can dig up.

It's like peak oil, but somehow more depressing.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Gravity Pike posted:

even if GBS was full of Social Justice Warriors, it was at least unique in it's demand for quality

it was unique in it's boring pedantic fuckheads quality, yes

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp
The community is what made SA funny and that community left years ago. Mostly because of lowtaxes handoff method of moderating the forums and leaving it up to other people with a dire sense of humour and no perspective. Mccain was one of the worst, but not the last. Catladies and losers took over in 2004, and it has never recovered, and never will. Now the only entertainment is the schadenfreude of watching everything burn to the ground surrounded by sickos and mental patients, moderated by the same, if not worse.

Jim Rustler fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 4, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jim Rustler posted:

The community is what made SA funny and that community left years ago. Mostly because of lowtaxes handoff method of moderating the forums and leaving it up to other people with a dire sense of humour and no perspective. Mccain was one of the worst, but not the last. Catladies and losers took over in 2004, and it has never recovered, and never will. Now the only entertainment is the schadenfreude of watching everything burn to the ground surrounded by sickos and mental patients, moderated by the same, if not worse.

anybody who takes it seriously is doing it wrong

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

anybody who takes it seriously is doing it wrong

that is true, the mods and admins take it very seriously, that is the problem

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jim Rustler posted:

that is true, the mods and admins take it very seriously, that is the problem

same with you

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

same with you

naw

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

you're the one going on about it

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

the entertainment I get from SA is from http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

excluding the IK's of course, because they are all just dumb

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jim Rustler posted:

the entertainment I get from SA is from http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

who cares

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp
When you choke out your black girlfriend and call her friend of the family and force her to wear a chain around her neck, and someone calls you out about that in a thread and gets banned for stalking even though you posted that on SA, that is schadenfreude, and that is lovely

Admins likes to use the word "meta" a lot. It's not meta if it's from SA. It's not stalking, if it's clicking the lil ? on someone's post.

I think it's great that a few people in power can get away with that, keep all the sickoes around so we can watch them. That's why GBS is funny again.

Jim Rustler fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 4, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jim Rustler posted:

When you choke out your black girlfriend and call her friend of the family and force her to wear a chain around her neck, and someone calls you out about that in a thread and gets banned for stalking even though you posted that on SA, that is schadenfreude, and that is lovely

Admins likes to use the word "meta" a lot. It's not meta if it's from SA. It's not stalking, if it's clicking the lil ? on someone's post.

I think it's great that a few people in power can get away with that, keep all the sickoes around so we can watch them. That's why GBS is funny again.

sounds like you you have a lot of criteria to meet

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

sounds like you you have a lot of criteria to meet

I love gbs

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

what is it you want from us, little Rustler?

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

what is it you want from us, little Rustler?

I don't want anything, man. I told you, it's the schadenfreude. If you step away for a moment, you too will see it

It's all in here http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

You've got Abe telling 1 in 4 people to never post in GBS again, you have Spanish manlove permabanning people because he can, you have xylo banning people calling out sick a twisted rapists for internet stalking. It's the best part of SA. Also, the gaschamber is good too.

Jim Rustler fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 4, 2014

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Rangpur posted:

i like neo-gbs because i don't have to make any effort to post. spelling errors, grammar, who gives a gently caress too much work. now i can just poo poo out whatever pops into my head, + sometimes people have ripe rear end cartoon tittays in their avatars which is a p. nice bonus

very eloquently put.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jim Rustler posted:

You've got Abe telling 1 in 4 people to never post in GBS again, you have Spanish manlove permabanning people because he can, you have xylo banning people calling out sick a twisted rapists for internet stalking. It's the best part of SA. Also, the gaschamber is good too.

I understand what you're saying, but the thing is

I just don't give a gently caress

I posyt here because it's a good time

that's it

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

I understand what you're saying, but the thing is

I just don't give a gently caress

I posyt here because it's a good time

that's it

same man, same. There was once a time when I was younger when I used to be proud of being a SA member. Like people would talk about a random internet site and I'd be all like "yeah that's cool" but in the back of my mind I was thinking I was better cuz I knew about SA and was a member. Times have changed, I guess.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jim Rustler posted:

There was once a time when I was younger when I used to be proud of being a SA member. Like people would talk about a random internet site and I'd be all like "yeah that's cool" but in the back of my mind I was thinking I was better cuz I knew about SA and was a member. Times have changed, I guess.

you should write text for early 90s adventure games

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

you should write text for early 90s adventure games

It is 1998 and you sit in a dark room with the only light coming from the warmed tubes from your crt monitor. The keyboard in front of you apparently is from 2001 with led lights underneath each letter. On the monitor a blinking dash blinks over and over. What do you type?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Flesh Forge posted:

elliot rodger was pretty drat funny

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jim Rustler posted:

It is 1998 and you sit in a dark room with the only light coming from the warmed tubes from your crt monitor. The keyboard in front of you apparently is from 2001 with led lights underneath each letter. On the monitor a blinking dash blinks over and over. What do you type?

:> :getout:

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

whoflungpoop posted:

ver.#s are hard to remember. we need release names of an arbitrary theme

e: looks like cats and sweets are taken, how about classic muscle cars

GBS 1.4 Mustang

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

be nice

he likes you

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

unrecognized command _ _ _

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Jim Rustler posted:

I run some archaic command line usenet utility and start posting about myself because I am John Titor: Time Traveler

Jim Rustler
May 16, 2014

by Ralp

Sabel posted:

I run some archaic command line usenet utility and start posting about myself because I am John Titor: Time Traveler

Command not recognized

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Sabel posted:

John Tit: Time Traveler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
For me to poop on