Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Like do you all eat cheese and ramble naked on the fjords? It's for a school project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
I have had cheese 3 different times in the last 24 hours

ulvir

its pretty much just like being a human anywhere else in the world tbh. I mean sure, scandinavians eat bread like two or three times a day and as soon as the workday is done we run out in the parks to get tanned if its sunny out.

we also do a lot of public BBQ since we love that poo poo up in here. if the grass in parks doesn't have several million brown rectangles of grass being fried by disposable grills at the end of the summer holiday, it hasn't been a real summer.

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

What were they was it blue vein x3?

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I have some 1st cousins who are Norwegian and sadly my aunt and uncle got divorced and my aunt came back to nz with my cousins who were 15 and 13 at the time Then about 10 years later I was living with one of them and she seemed a bit off and I asked her what was wrong and she said that she no longer dreams in Norwegian she dreams and thinks in English which I thought was pretty cool because I didn't think about how she would have had to translate my poo poo English in her head and I would never be able to think that fast or be bilingual at all i think she is probably going to go back to Norway for some bizarre reason because of culture and poo poo plus some healthcare benefits blah blah blah

ulvir

due to how overwhelmingly english the internet is, I actually think in both norwegian and english when I'm awake though mostly in norwegian. more demanding thoughts such as academic stuff will also be thought about in norwegian.

bone emulator

Wrrroavr

it sucks because there's only like a couple of fast food places and they are almost as expensive as real food so whats the point

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Holy poo poo that sucks man

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
for some reason my thought are all in swahili wtf

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

ulvir posted:

due to how overwhelmingly english the internet is, I actually think in both norwegian and english when I'm awake though mostly in norwegian. more demanding thoughts such as academic stuff will also be thought about in norwegian.

My brain isn't big enough

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Erfsom posted:

it sucks because there's only like a couple of fast food places and they are almost as expensive as real food so whats the point

A McRoyale with cheese sounds tasty.

ulvir

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

My brain isn't big enough
we have mandatory english classes from the beginning of primary school all the way through upper secondary school here. I started in 2nd or 3rd grade (8 or 9 years old) or so b/c it was a different national curriculum back then

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo

Angry Fish posted:

hows 13,5 dollares sound for a big mac

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

Angry Fish posted:

a big mac in sweden (iirc it was an example in class) costs over 7usd

ulvir

Arnold of Soissons posted:

a big mac in sweden (iirc it was an example in class) costs over 7usd

and it's still cheaper than here

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

ulvir posted:

we have mandatory english classes from the beginning of primary school all the way through upper secondary school here. I started in 2nd or 3rd grade (8 or 9 years old) or so b/c it was a different national curriculum back then

I had mandatory bilingual lessons 3 hour split from 5-12 and I know gently caress all Maori now

Tiny brain struggle English one language at a time.

That's why I wouldn't handle Europe. Too many languages my head would pop.

But cheese though. So you would eat cheese every day?

ulvir

I have three slices of bread for breakfast every day, and one of them has some cheese on it.

ulvir

but I think the general snacking on cheese is more of a continental habit (central europe). though fancypants cheese on crackers and wine is a thing that has been going around the tryhard uppermiddleclass people.

Captain No-mates

i am from the bit of europe that is only europe when it wants to be. it is okay.

FartGhost

russia? uk? cyprus? finland? turkey? canada? you really should narrow it down more

ulvir

re Nomates' country: its chiefly white, and elected racists and islamophobes into EU parliament

ron color
america is proud of you no mates

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

FartGhost posted:

russia? uk? cyprus? finland? turkey? canada? you really should narrow it down more

ulvir posted:

re Nomates' country: its chiefly white, and elected racists and islamophobes into EU parliament

lmbo

Captain No-mates

we only had like 30% turnout so 70% of our country are loving idiots who stood by and let it happen :cripes:

Cych

you complain about Muslims and Gypsies on the internet all day

Cych

ulvir posted:

lol

ass
MUSLIMES INVADING ARE COUNTRY

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at being in the european union

ulvir

my new dog posted:

lol at being in the european union

at least those schmucks have a semblance of influence over the laws that EU shoves down their throats :smithcloud:

dogcrash truther
Are some people real bad at English class and never really learn functional English despite years of trying?

Captain No-mates

dogcrash truther posted:

Are some people real bad at English class and never really learn functional English despite years of trying?

it is especially common here in england

ulvir

dogcrash truther posted:

it can happen, yeah. I've had peers in my class at college who doesn't really feel comfortable talking in english. I guess it comes down to lack of immersion+insecurity.

dogcrash truther

Captain No-mates posted:

it is especially common here in england

zing!

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
being a Europe person in America really sucked for the longest time. Now I've been here longer than I was even alive in my home country, so now I'm pretty much culturally assimilated

:smithcloud:

Savage For The Winjun

ulvir posted:

as soon as the workday is done we run out in the parks to get tanned if its sunny out.

this is a lie OP eurotrash does not work they are lazy thats why their countries are all broke

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
man saw this thred again an now I want some cheese

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
- fromage, kaas

City of Glompton

awww, what a cute cheese!

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Tasty cheddar

Adbot