Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

World Cup 2014: Comedian Andy Zaltzman presents his neutral's guide to picking a team

Andy Zaltzman posted:

If Brazil win the World Cup on home soil, the explosion of joy will, scientists believe, be of sufficient Earth-shaking magnitude to prompt a spontaneous Armageddon. Most people in Brazil would happily accept that trade-off, and several billion others around the globe would probably consider the end of the world to be a price worth paying to see the look on the Brazilian nation's collective football-loving face should Scolari's team triumph.

The 2014 Brazilians may lack the panache of their predecessors, relying on disappointingly monosyllabic forwards such as Fred, Jo, Hulk, Thud, Puke, Goat and Plank, but the mere sight of their yellow shirts can turn even the most functional of footballing pragmatists misty-eyed with recollections of Pelé's 1970 team of genius, and that 1982 side of Zico, Socrates and Eder, whose football made you want to dig up long-dead relatives, blast some strong coffee into their faces, and shout: "What are you doing being dead, you idiot? Wake up now, you do not want to miss this".

Neutral Supportability Rating (NSR): 87%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Camrath posted:

Yeah, I do LARPing- fantasy fest-style stuff with the LT and Majestic Oak's new system, modern day horror at SlenderLARP and post-apocalyptic/'Fallout in the UK' at Wasteland UK.

Yes, I know it's nerdy as gently caress. No, I don't care.

I play Airsoft which is technically gun-LARP so high five nerd buddy! :buddy:

Also Abertay Uni around here have a Rennaissance Martial Arts soc which seems to be about getting fit and learning to hit dudes with all kinds of medieval weapons, I'm so gonna join up next year.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

QuantumCrayons posted:

As Vice-President of said society until September, you've heard a pretty accurate account of what goes on; it's all based off of original manuals, so it's as accurate as can be expected hundreds of years later. The Abertay society's free, sans a yearly membership and insurance, but there's a paid school up at Dudhope park called the IHA too, which is pretty good.

I actually sat in on an early-year session a friend of mine was attending so I saw everything right up to the Haka performance at the end :v: I was injured at the time but still wanted to see how the sessions went down, sadly crunch time and life got in the way this year. Soon though, soon!

E: Remember Caitlin? She was an intern at our studio and she promoted your soc pretty hard at work!

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 4, 2014

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Pasco posted:

Literally the only thing on the BBC news website regarding this. Bloody loony left-wing Biased Bastards Corporation at it again :rolleyes:

I honestly would have had no idea this even happened were it not for following a few people on Twitter who attended.

Don't worry, 50,000 people marching in London will be swept aside because the media is realising that Russel Brand was there and will laser-focus on him, his presence supposedly invalidating every concern those thousands of people have.

Foodbanks? Child Poverty? Other speakers? Shut Up, look at the rich man who likes talking about his willy.

TinTower posted:

Apparently, the People's Assembly refused to set up a ramp yesterday, leading to DPAC to pull out.
This is not cool though :(

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 22, 2014

• Locked thread