Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
This page is longer than The Princess and The Queen, an actual story by GRRM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Do you really think Tywin would be likely to allow mercy after that "I wish I had enough poison for all of you" speech? You have to think about the entirety of King's Landing nobility screaming for justice.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Waffles Inc. posted:

so wait if they both die how is Tyrion guilty

Gregor Clegane didn't die. You don't die from blowing up someone else's head.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Mnoba posted:

I think he stuck the spear in his chest, and if someone corrects what the actual weapon is in this thread I'm never coming back.

A spear.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

EccoRaven posted:

Apparently it has :(

UGH this is why I don't get invested in strangers' personal lives.

This is just weird, please stop shipping real people who will never know you.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

BioMe posted:

That's not really amazing at all. Like they mentioned the relation in one throw-away line and it never became more relevant than that. Most people aren't watching this show with a notebook.

The sword Jeor Mormont gave to Jon Snow had been given to his own son, Jorah. He left it behind when he ran from the north when Ned Stark was coming for his head.

I love that his eye is bleeding :)

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So are Arya and the Hound at least going to stop in at the castle? Because if not it's getting kind of eye-rollingly dumb how many chances the kids have to run into each other that have some poorly-written excuse behind not happening.

Why would they be let in?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

oswald ownenstein posted:

I'm not at all concerned about Tyrion. GRRM kills a lot of characters but I can't see him killing off Tyrion or Arya or Jon basically ever.

:allears: Oh sweet summer child...

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I fail to see the point in continuing to watch a program wherein not one protagonist will have a satisfying character arc; and, any character that does succeed in their goals is either inherently some flavor of evil monster or doomed to become one.

What do you think about Faust then?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Infinite Monkeys posted:

I'm a couple of pages late, but RE: The Seven being poo poo gods compared to the Lord of Light, isn't Bran's magic mind control thing related to them? I seem to remember something to do with those old trees with faces being linked to both Bran's powers and The Seven, though I could be wrong.

The old gods are the gods of nature and are worshipped in the North. Below it, the Weirwood trees that were carved by early worshippers were all burned by the Andals, who came to Westeros with their worship of the Seven.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
That fanfic/theory is just a little less silly than the goon who said that Breaking Bad will end with Walt shooting up his highschool with a machine gun.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

AgentJotun posted:

Also can someone remind me what happened to Stark the youngest? Do I remember right that he got separated from the group when John fought the wildlings and got arrow'd?

He didn't get separated - he and Osha left to go somewhere when Bran refused to back down from going beyond the wall.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
If it wasn't so clearly a brain-a-splosion, we'd have a ton of people going "wait, what, did Oberyn actually die there?? oh god i hope he's ok :f5:"

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Windfall posted:

The White Walker army that we saw at the Season 2 Finale is at least reaching Castle Black by now. Slow, starving / fat Nights' Watch dudes made it back from that exact location a season ago and have done lots of stuff since then. Unless the White Walker army had no direction (which didn't seem to be the case since the leader pointed in one), they couldn't have been moving that much more slowly.

The Night's Watch already fought that army in season 3, but it was completely off-screened for budget and time.

I realize that kind of reads like a joke but it really isn't.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Vehementi posted:

I think GRRM's giving more than just broad strokes to the screen writers. Else the show and books would diverge way too heavily down the line.

They already have in a lot of plotlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

HauntedRobot posted:

Shatneresque diction is ex. El-ENT!

He is referencing Who Framed Roger Rabbit

• Locked thread