Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Notice the fine print at the top of that imgur :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pleasant Friend posted:

Tywin's really hosed up his plans this time, but he still probably comes out the winner all of this if Jamie continues on the Lannister name, at least until Dany comes over and burns them all to a crisp

Pretty sure they're gonna have to deal with Stannis (again) before the queen on the other side of the sea.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Just got done watching it and all I gotta say is:

Grey Worm :dong:

Jorah :smith:

Oberyn :stonk:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

thecolorpurple posted:

I knew exactly what was coming but Ellaria and Oberyn screaming :(

That was some boss-tier bloodcurdling screaming during the eye gouge :stare:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I dont get how a default guilty verdict is rendered if both combatants died. Shouldnt it be undecided? Or like a do-over?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Roman Reigns posted:

Oberyn died first.

Well thats stupid. If they kill Tyrion the only good character left on this dumb show is Jon Snow.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

hallik posted:

So Sansa was in all black and feathers. Isn't that representin' Littlefinger's black bird symbol? Her way of showing acceptance and allegiance?

Long Tall Sally, she built sweet, she got everything, that Uncle Petyr need.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

DFu4ever posted:

Oberyn was also known to be a huge badass, though. Honestly, the fight was basically main event caliber between two pros, not some David vs Goliath mismatch.

And yet Jamie and Bronn were too chicken poo poo to stand for Tyrion. Says a lot about their own confidence.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pleasant Friend posted:

I'm just thinking, how many more people have to die before Meryn loving Trant is considered the strongest fighter left in Westeros?

Three stable boys.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

BubbleGoose posted:

There's no way in hell Tywin would have let Jaime fight, even if he could fight. He would probably find a way to set Tyrion free.

I still cant believe hes gonna execute Tyrion because of that little piece of poo poo Joffrey though, doesnt make any sense.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maybe Sansa will finally get a sex scene since shes turned to the darkside :fap:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

If Arya doesnt reunite with Sansa I'll be highly upset. They're gonna reunite right?? Shes right there..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

BubbleGoose posted:

No! Because this is just like that goddamn Dungeons and Dragons cartoon where they never go home! Even though you've been waiting episode after episode for them to go home, something happens to gently caress it all up.

And then long after you've lost interest in the series, you hear from some random friend that they actually did get to go home.

I just want one fireside scene with the surviving Starks telling tales to each other of all the poo poo they been through.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I cant tell if Arya was laughing at her twisted fate or the Hound :psyduck:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

How many times has that happened other than Ned and Oberyn, honestly? Twice in four seasons does not a trend make.

(It's possible I am actually forgetting something important this isn't just facetiousness)

I was pretty shocked when Robb and Cat died.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jamies expressions throughout were pretty comical. Gonna pour one out for Oberyn tonight.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know, maybe Oberyn survived that!

Somebody get Thoros of Myr stat!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

You cared about Jeoffry?

Nobody cared about Joffrey. I would have liked to see him abused and humiliated before he died though. Theon style, and Cersei, gently caress Cersei, if anyone deserves a brutal death its her.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Patrice Bergeron, a player for the Bruins, played a whole hockey game with a punctured lung.

He did have a shitload of studded leather and mail on but that last flying stab to the chest and subsequent yank made it look like he was down for the count. The Michael Myers popup was pretty bad.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Frackie Robinson posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, pretty much everyone on this show deserves to die.

I was digging Ygritte last season but her rear end got really brutal too. Although she did let Gilly and the babby live :unsmith:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jack of Hearts posted:

While the wildlings were all north of the Wall it was all "why are you southerners so mean to us?" :mad:

I'm starting to see why some might be prejudiced against wildlings, now.

Dolorous Edd actually had some pretty cool lines too!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GCValentine posted:

The whole deal at Crastor's Keep worked out pretty well for the good guys considering their only casualties were a couple of mooks and a bad guy in disguise.

Locke ate it too. And Karl Fookin Legend.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Darko posted:

Yeah, this post doesn't make much sense. Oberyn was not fighting to kill, he was fighting to implicate Tywin in public (and then kill once implicated). The Mountain stalling by not saying anything (after he was clearly beaten), allowed him to catch Oberyn at a moment of weakness/in a mistake. It wasn't a super move comeback at the end of a heated fight, it was Vega dancing around taunting too much in Zangief's throwing reach even though a piledriver would take off his remaining health, if you must use a video game analogy.

And if you'll notice- Oberyn looked over and smugged at his girl before he got swept off his feet, if that isnt a commentary on women being the downfall of men :argh:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Tirranek posted:

I'm probably the only weirdo who think this, but no death has even come close to the random guy getting racked off screen when Arya entered Harrenhall in season 2. He's begging, he's crying, and with each twist it becomes worse until he just suddenly snaps and everything stops. That poo poo was loving horrifying.

The rats in a hot bucket against the belly was pretty twisted too. Theres just something about a dudes head literally exploding and then showing the shattered wreckage of his face though..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Maybe you've already considered this, but if you take this symbolism further, it's a sign that even when the Lannisters are in their death throes they're still extremely lethal.

All men must die

Hopefully Cersei too :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

IMB posted:

I wonder if it would be hard to watch your eyes get bloodily gouged out by a 7-foot monster.

I would imagine you would scream horribly for a few seconds before your head caved in..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You'd think by now, everyone would know that the Hound is a font of infinite wisdom.

The Mountain is alive and Oberyn Martell is not, because The Mountain had armor and a big loving sword! :eng101:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bobo the Red posted:

The Mountain is probably not alive. Or won't be much longer.

With regards to Littlefinger: he told Sansa he killed Joffrey as revenge... but we (and he) know that Joffrey had little to do with it. It was essentially all Tywin and Roose.
So I guess it was just another step in his chaos sowing. And now he will try to leverage the Vale into action...

Of course, the person ultimately responsible for Cat's death is Littlefinger. I wonder if he would admit that to himself...

Literally every major character death has been motivated by vengeance with the catalyst being Jamie and Cersei banging and the subsequent investigation into Roberts and their children.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I fail to see the point in continuing to watch a program wherein not one protagonist will have a satisfying character arc; and, any character that does succeed in their goals is either inherently some flavor of evil monster or doomed to become one.

“There is only one hell: the one we live in now.”

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

JibbaJabbaJimmy posted:

So how does Tyrion get out of the execution? His execution is the obvious thing so I think it's safe to assume its not going to happen right? Or maybe its a double GRMM fake-out?

At this point I fully expect Tyrion to die along with Jon Snow, Jamie, Brienne, Pod, Bronn, The Hound and anyone else I liked on this show.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Windfall posted:

I doubt Baelish played any part in the Red Wedding and killing his beloved Cat since he turned on the Lannisters right after it, going as far as killing Joffrey. That doesn't mean he won't catch any blame for it once Arya bumps into him in a few minutes and remembers who she saw him meeting with last.

So if Cat was all he ever wanted in this world who does he seek vengeance upon? Bolton and Frey?

And does he have a perverted hardon for Sansa because shes all he has left of Cat?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

precision posted:

Varys is a walking Deus Ex Machina. He's probably literally a God in human form for all I know

Guys I think I understand the mind of GRRM. The show is really about Littlefinger and Varys and the Game between them. They're like God and the Devil. Yin and Yang. Everyone else are just bit players!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Woden posted:

How big is the north anyway? I looked a the map in the OP and the HBO guide but both cut it off, I guess that so the White Walkers can march for 10 years, not making it to The Wall and not have the map be huge.

It didnt seem to take that one who had Crasters last kid long to get to Icecrown Citadel since it didnt freeze to death.

• Locked thread