Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

One option - because clearly some men just want to watch the world burn - is to ask Baldurk if you can host the OP on the screenshot LP test poster and just link to it each week for those who want to go over it. It would make the thread easier to read, as well as (hopefully) stop these OP-quoting jackasses who are now just copying someone else's joke (that was actually funny the first time but not really now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Xanderkish posted:

It's such a jump in terms of violent character deaths. In Season One, they cut away at the moment of Ned Stark's beheading to a flock of birds, and the whole thing had this tone that, while shocking, was also subdued.

Then in season four they have Joffrey choke to death and have the last shot on his blue, distorted face, and then have Oberyn screaming in horror and pain while we see the Mountain gouge his eyes in, smash his head against the ground, and then a shot of his horrifically brutalized face and brain matter sprayed across the stone.

The deaths this season feel like they've gotten a lot closer to loving snuff films on the spectrum of visual deaths. I don't think I like that very much.

I really don't think this counts as book spoilers, at all, but just in case. Spoiler based off how the novels are structured:

The Red Wedding has already been touched on, but Ned's death is part of Arya's story at the time. She's the focus and isn't allowed to see it so you don't either. The other two are focused on Tyrion, who will not shy away from the brutality. I know that's not the way normal movies/shows do things (and this one takes some more liberties compared to the books) but since the books it's based on are this way, that's how it's done.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Can we take a second to praise Alfie Allen? He is playing a character who is supposed to be pretending to be a person who he actually is but doesn't personally identify with anymore. And he pulled it off. He looked like a hollow pretender claiming to be who he actually is. He was one of my favorite parts of season 2 and I hope to god we get him back to acting instead of just screaming again.

I loved the way he muttered "Reek" to himself right before the other guy got smashed in the head.

• Locked thread