Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

Just got a call from Corpsman A school, asking why I haven't checked into the barracks. I graduated on Thursday, checked out of the barracks and loaded all of my stuff up into my car, and left for two weeks of leave. And this Cheif demanded that I drive 700 miles back, tonight, because he wanted me to check in and then properly remove myself from the system they make you scan into for liberty, and he wanted me to do it before he got off duty at 7 am. Ignoring the fact that I'm on leave, I'm also at a completely different command, and I don't even live in barracks anymore.

Or you just tell him that you're in the middle of taking leave enroute to your next command during a PCS move and that you aren't his problem any more. Then again, if I had to deal with schoolhouse kids it would probably break even a good Chief after awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

I don't remember his name, whoever is OOD today. The best part is, I'm going to c-school in San Antonio, so with my luck he'll be my primary instructor.

Welp, you've got yourself two ways this can play out, either the Chief forgets about you when he turns to the bottle at the end of the day (like any good Chief) or he remembers you/knows you're coming back for C School and finds ways to make your life hell.

At the end of the day, enjoy your time off with you and yours and face whatever comes in the coming weeks.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

itsrobbiej posted:

Put in for orders in April. Heard nothing and finally got my rear end set-up with CMS-ID. Status? Posted...at the end of April. So as far as I can tell, nothing else has been done. Guess I will have to get on it when the selection period opens back up.

What's your rating? Have you called your detailer or talked to your/a Chief about this? When's your PRD?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Pepsi-Tan posted:

Any is's's here? I'm doing indoc at IS A school right now

Congrats on choosing the best rate, I'm an ISC now it the reserves. If you have any questions, let me know and I totally won't forward them to your instructors. But really, good luck at Dam Neck and go spent time off base or drinking (if 21+) and grilling on the beach.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I wasn't on a small boy but, I am willing to bet your shouldn't be topside during a launch like that guy walking the decks.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Wanna pet them dogges

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

if you liked jag, or especially ncis, please please kill yourself

Just be sure to write your own SITREP for the incident before you do it, save the duty officer for your ISIC the hassle :chiefsay:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sir Lucius posted:

I wonder if you still have to shine your boots after to apocalypse.

What do you think, shipmate? :chiefsay:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

I have like four variations of this story from my boat alone, including at least one where the baby came out brown and the 'dad' still wouldn't accept the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB1vNm9kiFk

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Seqenenra posted:

Not that I am encouraging you to drink.

That's a terrible thing to say. Just not Sailor like at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Seqenenra posted:

My chief used to get in my poo poo about glorifying booze.

Without knowing your rate or that particular Chief, I'm just going to say he's a bad Chief. Straight up :chiefsay:

• Locked thread