Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Cerekk posted:

Barge staterooms are way nicer than boat staterooms, the only problem is they're on the barge so you're always walking back and forth.

Not true for amphib staterooms. Amphib staterooms are downright palatial, especially DH and up rooms.

E: Disclaimer: may not actually apply to old-rear end LPDs or the JO Jungle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
Thank you both for reminding me of one of the many reasons I lat transferred.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

SpaceJustice posted:

Hawaii sounds awesome. Any comments on San Diego? Before hearing how awesome Hawaii was, that was my number one choice.

I'd favor San Diego over Hawaii, but I've only been out to HI to/from my deployments, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Bonus in San Diego is that you've got much better range of platforms to choose from. I did both my first two tours as a SWO on amphibs out of San Diego and it's definitely the way I'd go again given the choice--relaxed lifestyle of the Best Coast combined with the lower stress amphib lifestyle is a good combination--especially if you want to get away from people taking the Navy way too seriously.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

Seqenenra posted:

You're really living life in the danger zone.

I hear those things killed Elvis. Better be careful, shipmate.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I found one on linkedin. To be honest I don't even know if its appropriate to email them and be like hey I haven't served in five years but could you help me out.

I've written a few letters of recommendation for Sailors from my first division even years later. So long as you worked together long enough to actually form a decent impression, it should be fine.

• Locked thread