Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010

MancXVI posted:

That guy is such a loving tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Pandasmores posted:

Oh god, I remember my time on a barge in that one map on Call of Duty. Got a sick double tap.

What happens at a dry dock? Do you guys just keep doing poo poo as if you were at sea or is there a boring down time of just loving people over?

As a junior enlisted dealing with dry dock, your days will be filled with standing stupid redundant watches. Following behind the cleaners with a broom, so that you can sweep up the stuff the missed. Checking and rechecking hundreds of danger tags.

You will get yelled at by pissy senior chiefs, and you will spend 12 hours working 5 days a week.

Also your barge won't have any hot water!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Yeah it's a utility jacket. They were alright, they had slash pockets and stuff would fall put of them pretty easily, and they faded pretty quickly, so if you didn't want to buy a new jacket every time you made rank you would have to find a used patch to sew on it. The best jackets were the mustang foul weather jackets with the reflective tape, but unless supply or boats really liked you, you weren't gonna get your hands on one.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Christoff posted:

I remember some old salt telling me they were manning the rails somewhere cold as balls and the CMC wouldn't let them wear their peacoats because no one had rank but all the chiefs were wearing poo poo without rank

That could have been any ship to be honest.

• Locked thread