Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tuluk posted:

longtime navy dudes
...barring the movie Mister Roberts(every enlisted guy was a buddyfucker), whats the most accurate to the real navy movie or book you've seen or read?
I starting re-reading Thomas Pynchon's "V", and the US Navy small boat bits in it are so full of bizzare, stupid, inane things that it screams legit US NAVY enlisted experience to me.

Im not Navy but all my Navy friends claim Down Periscope is withing spitting distance of documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

How is it a possible that they could make an NFO's job suck? I mean professional airplane shotgun rider sounds like an amazing career, yet the manage to ruin it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

vulturesrow posted:

What are you referring to? I love my job, I had one tour that was absolute poo poo because I wasn't doing NFO stuff AND I had a terrible, terrible front office including one XO/CO I was a oval office's hair away from reporting to the IG.

No dude, I mean to make an NFO, one of the arguably coolest jobs, dislike the Navy, means the Navy itself has some serious issues it needs to address. I'm not giving you the least amount of poo poo, I legitimately mean the Navy seems to really need to unfuck itself

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Navy thread, I love you guys but this slap fighting needs to stop. It's why no one cares about the Marine thread anymore, it's the Air Force thread is only saved by Shim's bizarre anger to Rek, it's why the Coast Guard thread is nothing but name calling and jargon. You guys need to be fuckin cool. I know you can do it,

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

krispykremessuck posted:

gently caress off human being the cg thread stopped being cool when the only other coastie w/ a sense of humor decided to swing from the rafters over some goonette. that leaves a fat airsoft nerd, a long-legged pissed off puerto rican, some old gay, a mustang rear end in a top hat idiot bitch, and some guys that like never, ever post. also me, and I pretty much hate everyone

So wait, "gently caress off because you summed up what happened in under a single pissy lil' paragraph!" ?

Fair enough, dude. Sorry about your thread, same poo poo happened to the Marine one after Schneider kicked it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Stultus Maximus posted:

San Diego has as nice weather as Hawaii but costs a lot less especially when you fly home to visit your family for the holidays.

And if you have kids, the education system in San Diego is really loving good

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

DustyNuts posted:

Hi, I'm from San Diego and have known lots of people stationed in Hawaii. You should pick San Diego.

Also, Dog the Bounty Hunter ain't ever filmed a goddamed episode in San Diego.

Hawaii can't make that same claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pandasmores posted:

Then they become what every sailor dreams. :yarr:

A South African I know says that should be the worlds's greatest fear. America collapses and her Navy turns to piracy

• Locked thread