Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
nice monthly name, JTTOTS is always watching....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

buttplug posted:

I think the blueberries are a disgusting, lovely waste of money and have zero functional purpose whatsoever. They aren't professional, don't fit well, fall apart, and generally just plain suck. Believe it or not, there isn't a particular admiral to thank for that clusterfuck. You can thank MCPON Terry Scott (before Campa), a handful of Master Chiefs and probably a handful of terminal O-5s who all were teetering on retirement and had sweet, sweet contracts lined up for themselves for after they got out.

We should do what the USMC does: wear the type IIIs in the winter, and type IIs in the summer. Desert boots (pick your brand). The IIIs/IIs actually fit a bit better than the type Is and are a slightly thinner material. Also, velcro, not loving button pockets that don't even open all the way.

I like em, I just wish we had a summer weight option and got rid of the patches and go back to metal devices, looks so much better when the SN frock to E4 or people get new pins underway. What I really hate is that khaki shirt for E6 and below. poo poo can that idea and give em black shirts again.

Arione fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 3, 2014

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Stultus Maximus posted:

I really love that the Type IIIs, you know the ones for forward deployed seabees and 5th fleet and africom units, aren't loving summerweight. I wore those for an IA in Kuwait and that loving blew goats.

e: Type III still way better than aquaflage

the ones that look like you got threw up on by a tricareatops? nasty rear end green camo.

No shitter tho,

This morning standing main gate I had a guy ask me how to turn left. Told him to press the gas and turn the wheel to the left. Then he whipped out his CAC card ... full CDR .... No fucks given.

Arione fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 3, 2014

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

warsow posted:

Navy is the worst

I disagree, new navy recruiting poster ... also NJP

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Derrio/1185666562578.jpg

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Christoff posted:

Are there "real" subs? Is there a POG version of subs?

Boomers, F'n POGS.

What do you get when HT's work with AG's? A poo poo storm!

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Stultus Maximus posted:

And boy do they suck.

the canadians here were bitching that the barge didnt have mattresses, they had to use the ones left on the mighty mo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
Yep, never getting married, confirmed

• Locked thread