Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

tuluk posted:

whats your take on the NWU?
From a non-navy perspective, it doesn't make much sense outside of boot camp & whatever the Navy MOS training schools are called.

You can fit a lot of sodas in the pockets. Also, they were made for dirty kids. It's a lot harder to tell if they're clean. They catch on everything, every loving bent cotter pin on the ship will find a baggy sleeve or pants pocket. They're WAY THE gently caress too hot for the Japanese summer monsoon season (especially with no umbrellas) and not warm enough for hours and hours of CIC watch.

TL;DR - gently caress NWUs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

Tell him you're on your way just so you get his hopes up.

Second. Although I would likely answer the phone in another language next time. Jerk. :chiefsay:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

Just got a call from Corpsman A school, asking why I haven't checked into the barracks. I graduated on Thursday, checked out of the barracks and loaded all of my stuff up into my car, and left for two weeks of leave. And this Cheif demanded that I drive 700 miles back, tonight, because he wanted me to check in and then properly remove myself from the system they make you scan into for liberty, and he wanted me to do it before he got off duty at 7 am. Ignoring the fact that I'm on leave, I'm also at a completely different command, and I don't even live in barracks anymore.

Who is this dude? I'll be in San Antonio in a few weeks and I'd love to stop by his office and tell him to eat dicks. Those guys are the reason everyone hates Chiefs.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

tuluk posted:

longtime navy dudes
...barring the movie Mister Roberts(every enlisted guy was a buddyfucker), whats the most accurate to the real navy movie or book you've seen or read?
I starting re-reading Thomas Pynchon's "V", and the US Navy small boat bits in it are so full of bizzare, stupid, inane things that it screams legit US NAVY enlisted experience to me.

I'm not a "dude," but have been in the Navy for a long time. The Sand Pebbles is amazing.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

TrialbyStone posted:

Joy.

Apparently i'm getting an automatic "Failure" for this last PFA cycle due to having the date fall smack in the middle of my transfer leave. Adding to this the fact that my previous command LOST my entire medical history on paper, and i'll be looking at 2 Fails within 2 years. Would really prefer not having "YOU FAT" as my reason for exiting military service.

We're missing something and so are you. As long as you do the PFA between Jan 1st and Jun 30th, it counts. Your command is loving you and you are letting them. Do some research and help yourself.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Don't they pay you for being fat? Food for freedom?

Not first termers.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

SPACE HOMOS posted:

On another note, I remember going to the dive locker to get the qualified (to enter the dome when it was pressurized with air) and VT was with us. The dive master kept reminding VT that he was gay.

There is a baby VT now.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

just wanna say lean six sigma is the worst loving thing i have ever seen

is LEAN why you have no punctuation?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Why in the gently caress does the hospital not enforce rules? I spent 2 miserable hours at the hospital for an uncomfortable and stressful procedure and while I waited the 50 minutes past my appointment time I was stuck in the waiting room with LOTS of kids. In a clinic where it says "please do not bring children" on the walls. And their fat moms were all oblivious and pregnant. drat, goons, teach your dependa some courtesy.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Because when we do they complain and our supervisors get up our assholes because officers freak out about complaints.

Some officer just got a nasty complaint on his desk. We'll see what happens.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Let's see whose complaint holds more weight

- You, a sailor whose supervisor the medical chain of command can call up and chew out, if they feel like putting forth more effort than just losing your records and appointments and loving you that way

- Seaman Shmucko's 300lb (third) wife, who has three ombudsmans and the base commander's (third) wife on speed dial

The complaint came from my direct supervisor. Who is an O-6.

E: A VERY senior O-6. He retires in September at 40 years.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

poopkitty posted:

The complaint came from my direct supervisor. Who is an O-6.

E: A VERY senior O-6. He retires in September at 40 years.

Oh who am I kidding. You're right. It's still bullshit tho.

Retirement paperwork on the printer.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

I found your complaint.

S'okay. I have made up for yesterday by pitting the wives against each other on Facebook.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

buttplug posted:

Is that really a "thing" that dependa like to throw out for valium prescriptions or something? Never heard of it..

Its a legitimate condition, but like Celiac - every freaking dependa thinks they have it.

Yesterday's crazy discussion on the FB boards was centered around "Parents with Toddlers" parking and how one pissed woman left a nasty note on a car with no carseat and called security. These bitches will CHECK FOR A CARSEAT. I swear these women think security is there to cater to their whims. It got downright ugly when I said "Your job is not to enforce the rules, only to follow them." Shitstorm.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Christoff posted:

Not for valium, no. Well maybe but they want the good stuff. They're getting high as gently caress because wouldn't you know they're allergic to all NSAIDS and every other pain relief drug that doesn't give you a buzz.

Something about free healthcare just opens up the flood gates. Most docs would rather not argue it and just fill their prescriptions and send them on their way.

I'm not sure if I'd say its "legitimate" it's hey this person complains of pain and we did all these tests and still aren't sure what it is so here's a name for it. Maybe my idea of it is thrown off a bit because every person I've seen with it was a 300 lb middle aged dependa married to some poor e-5 with 6 kids and pages of medication allergies and medical conditions they carry around with them to present when needed

Yeah, not a Corpsman so I don't have to see abuse. The only person I know with Fibro is a 32 year old medically retired Chief who would have loved to stay in but no ship would take her. She ran Boston the year before she was diagnosed. They're looking at MS now, but until they find what the real problem is - Fibro.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Angry Fish posted:

I keep hearing about unhappy marriages ITT, but let's not forget those of us who have married our best friends. :)

The wife and I are incredibly happy together, and we make one another happy. She works hard at her E.E. job, and I work hardly at all at 9502'ing up et "a."

3 years and counting. The dependapotamus is not the normal relationship in the navy, from my experiences.

9502 x 3 years = no deployments. Keep telling yourself you're different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 30, 2014

• Locked thread