Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Just checked into our not too terrible base house and the first thing our dog does is have a giant separation anxiety attack and shred a few of the blinds. drat you dogge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Angry Fish posted:

Base housing? Why did you decide to reside on base when you can pocket "all" that BAH money?

Pensacola got wrecked by floods, which ruined the rental we found. Last minute rentals are a bitch to find with a 110lb dog and a 45lb dog. Everything was coming out basically eating all the BAH anyway.

Just said gently caress it and took the easy base housing way out.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Pcola is everything I remembered it to be. At least it has yuengling

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Get a loving grip. You work navy. You live life.

This. This is the secret. It's a job. Calm the gently caress down.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Christoff posted:

I swear I saw people wearing those on ship maybe only with coveralls?

You could wear it in coveralls back when we rocked utilities. Honestly on the ship you could normally wear whatever in your own spaces

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Analogical posted:

Nobody wears NSUs

I had to go buy new NSU pants today. They are literally the worst 40 dollar pants the government could contract. I haven't worn them in years but now I'm at a training command so who knows what bullshit they want.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pepsi-Tan posted:

Any is's's here? I'm doing indoc at IS A school right now

Not an IS but I hung out with them on deployment and I'm p. Good at PowerPoint like them

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Goodbye PCS beard. Checking in today =/

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Can we all just go back to making fun of nobles?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

A South African I know says that should be the worlds's greatest fear. America collapses and her Navy turns to piracy

I worked out the math while doing counter piracy ops. If we took an entire LHD to pirate ships, the entire crew could be paid by the ransom money a normal pirate group received.

They would just have to pirate like 2-3 ships per month to cover fuel and parts. Not sure what they would do about the gaping torpedo hole they would mysteriously receive one night though.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I wasn't sure what to do without my gip support group so I just drank. Think I did the right thing

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ded posted:

BRAVO ZULU SHITMATE ON YOUR SUPERIOR USE OF INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES TO FURTHER ADVANCE YOURSELF IN THE SPIRIT OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY

Good job getting rid of those pesky lower case letters for efficiency. :derp:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Wife and I joke about the dependas in mil housing all day long. No kids for us.

I followed the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
O'Toole's in Chinatown was my haunt. Irish rose when I didn't feel like walking as far.

Go to steak plate right on pearl harbor next to the hickam gate. Cash only but one of the best steak plates on island.

If you get overnight and want a cheap decent hotel the Mali Skycourt is great when the Hale Koa is booked up.

Senor frogs and Moose McGillicuddy were full of marines all the time.

maitai cruise is a great idea. Leaves from the outrigger area

• Locked thread