Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

tuluk posted:

longtime navy dudes
...barring the movie Mister Roberts(every enlisted guy was a buddyfucker), whats the most accurate to the real navy movie or book you've seen or read?
I starting re-reading Thomas Pynchon's "V", and the US Navy small boat bits in it are so full of bizzare, stupid, inane things that it screams legit US NAVY enlisted experience to me.

Groundhog Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Ugh. Berthing barges are terrible.

Howard Phillips posted:

Yeah, I'm just bitching cause I'm surrounded by nothing but Navy for most of my waking hours.

Are people able to maintain civilian friendships as you rack up years of service?

lol

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Jesus. So when did all of the women in Boston become smoking hot? I must have missed the memo for the ugly girl purge here that happened since my last visit.

ManMythLegend fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 14, 2014

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

lol somebody spilled a whole lot of care in here.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

dialhforhero posted:

I love battleships. I think they are the best loving thing. Living in Norfolk I see the Whisky every day going to work. I like to think that if they recommissioned/brought back battleships I sometimes think I would unironically re-join the Navy (civilian now :toot:) just so I could be on one of those things.

Man, my CHENG on my second ship served on the MISSOURI as both a Fireman and an Ensign. I was jealous as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

buttplug posted:

Wasn't the main character a lawyer-SEAL-F-18 pilot?

He was a lawyer-SEAL-F-14 pilot.

• Locked thread