Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I remember being on the berthing barge in Yokosuka during dry dock. Nothing better than to live somewhere shittier than the ship, but hey at least those hot coffee machines were around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'm at work but I have lots of dumb pictures from one of the two drydocks I remember.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Thats a nice way of saying that your department wants to "save" money by having your division re PRC the p-way, grind up the deck in the torp storage and re-nonskid it, and going into the sonar dome. I remember once after a heavy storm I went down the dome access trunk and it was flooded with live wires just hanging out in there.

Edit: That reminds me when they said we needed to replace almost half of the amplifiers down in sonar 2. I think each one was exchange only and still cost like 10k a peice.

Or the time the 53 techs couldn't figure out why their main cabinet kept burning out a specific card. Me, the mk116 tech, decided to look at it and it was just the cabinet missing a phase. When I finally was able to get the duty EM we found a distribution panel that was charred inside. Never burnt out that stupid 5000 dollar card after that.

On another note, I remember going to the dive locker to get the qualified (to enter the dome when it was pressurized with air) and VT was with us. The dive master kept reminding VT that he was gay.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 5, 2014

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

So I was looking into applying for a position at a applied research lab doing signal processing (john hopkins or arlut) so should I try to contact my old chiefs and see if I can get some letters of recommendation?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I don't even know if they are still in and I am a turd who doesn't use facebook.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I found one on linkedin. To be honest I don't even know if its appropriate to email them and be like hey I haven't served in five years but could you help me out.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'd rather email his command address but I gotta find it first.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Mad Dragon posted:

Johns Hopkins. :colbert:

WOOPS.

I emailed one but can't find the other chief. I contemplated on emailing the first chief that was on the boat but he is kind of crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

He responded pretty quickly and said he was going to make some phone calls.

• Locked thread