Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
True story now E-6 and below march. 2nd and 1st classes don't have to be in the formation and can just walk beside the group but they still have to muster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I remember watching JAG during the summer in high school and gettin mega boners over that chick.

edit: do your wiener a favor and image search for catherine bell

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

buttplug posted:

That was one time I truly relished being an O. loving marching in Pensacola summer heat 100 yards and having to wait for every swinging dick to get in formation before you depart anymore? Yea, no thanks.

Could be worse though...when I was there, Army guys at their tech school (A-school equivalent) were doing heat acclimatization and walking around in full body armor with kevlar helmets and M4s...

I think a requirement of the army is that during tech school they do at least one field exercise (FTX they call it) in full kit and the week leading up to it is full immersion training so they wander around with all their gear and non-working m4s. It's really funny because they have to have battle buddy everywhere with them, even to piss and can't let their weapon out of their sight.

Although I haven't seen them do it in a while so maybe that got dropped. Either way the army somehow manages to be the shittiest branch to be in here.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
That's not right at all. You are waived from a PRT within 2 months on either side of your transfer. You can do your PFA at medical when you check onboard newcommand. Someone is loving you over.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
The second I got my final dd214 I gave away all my navy poo poo. I kinda wish I had kept my coveralls to cut into a sleeveless shorty short onesie for yard work.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Analogical posted:

Anyone done STA-21 before? I'm putting my packet together. Figure its the only way I'll stay in. My SFC keeps insisting I apply for army intel warrant but I'd really rather try to get to an NROTC and butterbar up. My friend from HS got his 20k bonus for MM Nuke, then went STA-21, then failed his nuke interview on purpose and now is an NFO. gently caress that guy. I speak three languages and was an LNO for a year.

All I know about STA21 is that if you gently caress up (basically anything involving police) you get to go back to enlisted life as whatever rank you were and also now have a brand new 6 year commitment.

Just fuckin get out and milk that gi bill money.

Edit: My source is a guy that had an alcohol related incident where some police showed up at a party and he was questioned and mentioned in the report, which got back to big navy, which hosed him.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

krispykremessuck posted:

gently caress off human being the cg thread stopped being cool when the only other coastie w/ a sense of humor decided to swing from the rafters over some goonette. that leaves a fat airsoft nerd, a long-legged pissed off puerto rican, some old gay, a mustang rear end in a top hat idiot bitch, and some guys that like never, ever post. also me, and I pretty much hate everyone

Gonna need a backstory on 1, 2, and 4 please.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Haha holy gently caress I've never heard of someone with 6 years in talk about retirement. Unless you're planning on doing 28 or something and you're salty as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
http://teespring.com/bamfsailor

posted to facebook by a guy who sits at a desk all day

• Locked thread