Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
You can make money by selling virtual items from (poo poo) games. I'm about to quit my job and turn to playing counterstrike full time as I hear you can sell crates from it for big money, which can then be reinvested in counterstrike season passes or something.

Share your hot tips for making $£$ on steam right now in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make a half-assed alpha in like ten minutes, sell it as Early Release for $15, do some minor addition to the game once a week or month to make people think you're working on it.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
mod guy makes day z

day z pitched as full game

nerds spend millions on tech demo

mod guy takes money and runs

day z still in top sellers on steam

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Flappy Zombie

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Make a half-assed alpha in like ten minutes, sell it as Early Release for $15, do some minor addition to the game once a week or month to make people think you're working on it.

gently caress, just make a collection of art that people can use in their indie games and sell it for a like 100$

Or just torrent self-help books and sell the PDFs, I dunno.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mann vs machine

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

make a lovely early access survival game OP. you dont have to know anything about making games

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Can I sell these virtual hats from a game I never play anymore?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

gently caress, just make a collection of art that people can use in their indie games and sell it for a like 100$
Lol.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

Can I sell these virtual hats from a game I never play anymore?

There's a market for it, yeah.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
if you're not idling your games for card drops, then selling them and getting free games during sales with the money, then lol

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
If you're idling your games instead of playing them then you're a loving casual and should deposit yourself into the nearest bin.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The emoticon for weed goes for like $40.

I wonder how much actual weed you could get for that.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

make a lovely early access survival game OP. you dont have to know anything about making games

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
There's a lovely co-op thing in Team Fortress 2. One of the drops you can get from that is golden frying pan. The first one that ever dropped was sold for 5500$. Even now the pans go for about 3000$ or so.

Go play right now! If you think you're not good enough, don't worry. Just pick heavy (he's the lardass with minigun), and start whining that the team needs scout/demo/solly/medic/engy.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Mr Tastee posted:

The emoticon for weed goes for like $40.

I wonder how much actual weed you could get for that.

its like $12, so none

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Get an idle program & select game. The best part is it never actually runs the game but the process that makes steam think you are thus giving you items and virtual cards or whatever.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

RulerSmack posted:

Get an idle program & select game. The best part is it never actually runs the game but the process that makes steam think you are thus giving you items and virtual cards or whatever.

they fixed that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

El Generico posted:

they fixed that.

no they didnt

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
you can still idle a single game for cards through SAM, but not multiple games anymore

but you should have done that for all your games with cards already seriously come on

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
Download a program that pretends to play games so we don't have to play the games? What kind of hosed up Gamer world do we live in.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

AndyAML posted:

Download a program that pretends to play games so we don't have to play the games? What kind of hosed up Gamer world do we live in.......

you know in back to the future 2 when marty mcfly showed those kids how to play a game and they looked at him with disgust and said 'you have to use your hands? lame'

that future... is next year.

• Locked thread