Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Fixed my previous broken post. I thought the forum broke the preview or have a new length limit, but it was a stray quote script that killed the preview.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
Does this game have a title screen or do you have any box art scan?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

mkwong98 posted:

Does this game have a title screen or do you have any box art scan?
The title screen is just a random party member attacking random enemy in battle.

Box art contain the next two party members, which I treat as spoiler for now. So I used the alt one with... I think is chang'e and houyi instead.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 26, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This really makes me wonder what it's actually like keeping a magical beast as a pet, and what you do when they start bringing home strange spell scrolls.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Considering what said scrolls seem to do, at that point you don't have a home to worry about anymore.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Glazius posted:

and what you do when they start bringing home strange spell scrolls.
That explains the large aquaduct under Shuiling's chamber. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Chapter 07: Night Fire

Six hours passed, that’s all a magical beast needed to get their full rest. They get about 1/5 hungrier though.

So the time is around midnight.

Strolling in the night is pretty nice once you get used to the candle-streetlight (?).

Even the red forest gets pretty moody wh—Is that a chest I missed?

Hail to da king.

Armor Database: Silver Silk High Vest

Formerly an armor that was made of pure gold and was treasured by a rich merchant who exploits the poor. A celestial maiden passed by one day and sees the merchant cruelly orders his servants to polish this armor, angered by the treatment of the lesser man, the celestial took the armor away. The merchant becomes sicken in bed, his wealth diminishes by the day and eventually become the status of a servant himself. He finally understands the suffering of the poor, and he is never arrogant again. When the celestial sees the changes in the man, she gives the armor back, but the armor has been improved with silver silks as the celestial feels it’s lacking beauty. The merchant thought the armor is now worth less than it used to be, so it he gave it to a poor man and the armor stay in this poor house for a long time as no one realize the divine power imbued into this armor.

Useable by: Shuiling

Defense: 121

I can’t remember where I got this other armor. It made the previous armor obsolete.

Bow to the dark lord.

Armor Database: Amethyst Worries
There’s a couple who hasbeen in love for a long time. The woman is the daughter of a great armor smith while the man is the child of a rich family. One day, the man’s mother forces him to marry a woman of a prominent family. The man refused, and confessed his love to the daughter of an armor smith. His family forbids their love, and so the man plans to elope. They will meet at the bridge at midnight. Unfortunately, a flood that night has blown the bridge away along with those two on it. The man tries to save his love, but was drowned while the woman washed into a cave. Sadden by the lack of place to go; she decided to stay in the cave. Crafting armor to pass time, after a few days, she created this armor, but it reminded her of the man so much that she cries day after day. Eventually, the woman passed away from the sickness of her heart. An amethyst appeared after a few months of tears washed through the armor and granted the armor sentient. It’s capable to change its form based on its wearer, and wearing the vest would fill the wearer with a protective sphere of sadness that makes the user feel gloomy.

Useable by: Shuiling

Defense: 146

I also forgot to visit the Cliff of Lost Soul at the east side of the forest.

There are unique enemies in this area.

Monster Database: Soul Eater
A demon that eat souls. It floats around at low ground like a fish. A low class demon that swallows soul with its big mouth filled with sharp teeths.

Wen Yan immediately burn this scary thing down. :cry:

IT’S EATING WEN YAN’S SOUL! :stonk:

BURN IT! BURN IT! BURN THOSE 728 hp at night time rather than 520 hp at day! :flame:

Shuiling hurries to loot the chests at the edge of the cliff. A medicine and another new spell, probably nothing as awesome as the tsunami spell.

Not taking chance with those soul-sucking poisonous monsters on the way out. It’s time to set Raging Fire and Layered River Wave as the main equipped spell.

So that Shuiling and Wen Yan can cast these special compatible spell at the same time. Doing combined damage!

Back to the Village of Flame.

There’s nothing here except this chest that Shuiling can… Talk to?

Hiyo~~Ohiyo… Hiyahiyahihiya… Hi~~Nice to meet you! My name is Neo. I am a magical chest and a great treasure chest! However, my true appearance wasn’t like this! I am sorry to be a treasure chest as we met, and I can’t provide any concrete support or things to help you like weapon, armor, and food!

But don’t ignore me just because of that. I can be like a key, a machina! If you didn’t found me, Neo Skye, then your adventure would be unexciting! Believe me! You are fortunate to meet me, Neo Skye! Remember it! The following people will appear:
Old K, Bookworm, Tiny Dino, Yi Xiu, Purple Bell, Little Forest, and YY!

We will keep an eye out for these game-devs. :monocle:

The next area is the same with lava everywhere.

This place is the Mound of Red Fire. It named due to the occasional pillar of fire that bursts out of the ground, but they have become smaller lately for some reason. It’s fortunate that you come at this timing; else you would be really uncomfortable!
I am already uncomfortable, it’s still a bit too hot.
The region around here are fire attributed, so it can’t be helped. Try to endure it. It will be much hotter when I get into the Cavern of Zhu Fire. The Heaven Fire Clan who lives here are a voracious specie, so don’t hold back against them.
Is that really alright?
Hehe! If we don’t beat them, it would be them who beat us, your choice!
I will do as you say!
Then let’s go! ^_^

A local monster comes to express his hospitality.

“Happy Fourth of July!” :toot:

“HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!” :toot: :toot:

Monster Database: Heaven Fire Clan
Fire affiliated clan of creatures that look like human, but not human. Reside in volcanic area, and eat fire as its main food source.

Some regional genocide later, Shuiling’s team reached the Cavern.

After this is the Mountain of Mysterious Fire. The fire clan lives there too. If we want to get the Orb of Fire, then we will need to pass through this mountain, get to the Valley of Sigh, and defeat the guardian, Huo Hen.
How could we defeat something so strong? You have a plan?
I think the key is not just being strong, but opposing element! The region of fire can make you uncomfortable, but water has the special quality of extinguishing fire, so we are at an advantage!
Hm! I understand! I feel more at ease now thanks to your explanation.
Flattery! Hehe! ^_^
I really mean it! e_e
Right! Let’s go!

They got out of the cavern pretty quickly.

We found another important chest that contain…

A magic horn that let the team use the Bamboo Dragonfly toy.

Toy equipped.

Toys are expandable offensive items that use Chi power to attack.

They do pretty good damage that’s usually on par with a single spell.

They are also extra effective against certain enemy like Bamboo Dragonfly dealing extra damage to flying enemies.

They are good alternate attacks in a long battle where you ran out of regular magic points and don’t want to waste time healing your MP.

We won’t need them in easy mode though. The boss usually dies before the team ran out of juices.

Finally, we reached the Valley of Sigh. The guardian is within sight.

To fight you!
HAHAHAHAHA! Fight me? You must have lost your mind! You two little things think you can defeat me?
Maybe so! I hate it when you always call me ‘little thing’, you should call me a lady! I told you many times! Geez!
I am here for the Orb of Fire, it would be great if we don’t have to fight! ^_^
You wish, blue little thing! It won’t be easy getting the Orb of Fire! It’s an important elemental artifact of the fire clan that I am guarding. It’s not something you can just take it easily!
What happen if someone take it?
If the artifact is gone, this place will lose its fire attribute because artifact like this are the source of its respective elemental. After it’s gone, this land will revert back to a normal field.
That explains it! No wonder you would go to such length to protect it.
*Sigh* Looks like the little red one is going to leave with you. Just look at that large baggage!
Hmph! What about it? I like to go with him, and none of your business!
Like hell I give a drat! However, it won’t be easy to take this Orb of Fire from me when we fight. I suggest you two be very careful because I won’t hold back!
Thanks for the heads-up !
Yeah, yeah! We know you are a nice guy! Less talk and let’s do this!

Huo Hen flew up and does a slashing move halfway…

Then column of fires slams from the sky and took out 1/5 of the team's life.

Shuiling needs to step it up with the water attack as Wen Yan said. He recalls learning a new water spell from all the way back at the cliff. Might as well cast it here and see what it does.

Casting Heaven Curtain Wave.

Obtained Orb of Fire.

Thanks! ^_^ I bet you hold back your strength. Truthfully, it would be very difficult to really beat you!
Enough talk, you two should hurry and leave! Blue thing! You better take good care of her! Or I will fix you up good! She’s like my sister, so you better not bully her!
Hm! I won't!

I should leave as well, farewell!

Magical Beast Database: Huo Hen
A creature that looks like a mix between a man, cow, and horse. It resembles a horse and cow with two large horns extending outward. Upper body of a man, its claw is extremely long, but longer sabers extend out of the back of his hand. It legs resemble a horse with hoofs. He’s completely immerges in fire. This creature has a strong grudge if angered, as it will not stop until the enemy is dead.

Weekly Myth of the Day

Fenghuang Phoenix

Known as Fenghuang in Chinese. The Chinese version of Phoenix is a mythological bird that reign over all other birds. Male are called Feng while female are Huang. This distinction has largely been abandoned to replace by Dragon as the polar representation of the male aspect.

Fenghuang appears in many tales and stories. It’s more associated with female symbolization especially to that of the empress rather than life and death of its western counterpart. It also symbolizes many virtues and graces like justice, mercy, and propriety.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Type advantages can get pretty ridiculous, can't they?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Glazius posted:

Type advantages can get pretty ridiculous, can't they?
Not ridiculous, but it can make a difference. It doesn't matter much in easy mode where 1-3 attacks are already enough to take down most enemy, but I can see it saving the player a lot of trouble on higher difficulties. Type advantages will be very important for special boss battle that's literally 'kill or be killed in one/two shot'.

Day and Night cycle also affect monster's stat and it make a bigger difference. I think Huo Hen is weaker at night time as well.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 4, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I've been meaning to ask, are all those smiley faces actually in the game, or do you add them?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I've been meaning to ask, are all those smiley faces actually in the game, or do you add them?
They are from the game. There's actually a lore section that explains what each Smiley mean, but I figure it's pretty self-explanatory. I could use SA emote if it bothers anyone.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This strange, pretty, cute, oddball game is kind of hard to follow for me. I love Chinese mythology though so I'll be following to close.

I have an important question though, is there a gushing spring point and can we pick it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This strange, pretty, cute, oddball game is kind of hard to follow for me. I love Chinese mythology though so I'll be following to close.
Hmm... Yeah. The game itself wasn't incredibly interesting, and it does abandon the mythology tone at half way point of the game. I think we would have better participation and interest if I start a proper Chinese myth thread instead of forcing it with this game. I am considering finishing this faster with an abridge play-through of the game with higher emphasis on myth and cute stuff or abandon this and put my translation energy toward more interesting games.

quote:

I have an important question though, is there a gushing spring point and can we pick it?
Nope! We will poke more Gushing Spring Point when the sequel is made.

• Locked thread