Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

DAS Super! posted:

Everyone with a pulse thinks GSP is hot.

My girlfriend thinks he's unattractive and hates his accent. Then again she's dating me so what does that say about her taste?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

fatherdog posted:

in fairness your gf probably hasn't played enough rpgs to correctly identify him as a goblinoid

heh.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Watching the main card now.

-Joe Ellenberger sucks but he isn't as bad as a TKD dude who looks like he never wrestled before.

-Clint Hester looks like a black Urijah Faber. It's a shame he's a dumb motherfucker in the ring.

-Hacran Dias looks way, way better than he ever did. And Holy crap he's huge. Lamas seems to have plateaued skill wise, though he did a great job shutting Dias down by just doing endless double legs against the fence.

-Vitor's mutant is bad and had lots of trouble doing offense against generic middleweight #34. He got outstruck while having the dudes back with a body triangle and then almost died at the end.

-Kelvin owns at inside fighting. I hope Joe Silva continues to bring him up slowly because he has a ton of potential but is still pretty green and needs a few more fights before he can fight guys like Rory or Lawler. He also needs to get off the Mobn diet.

-How did Jeremy Stephens end up in a title eliminator? I can't remember a single notable win he has at 145. And yet...he's kind of good at fighting now? Want to see him against Nik Lentz or Aloe Vera.

Cub earned his title shot, so this means he's probably gonna get hosed due to injury or a rematch in Aldo/Mendes or something.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm listening to the latest Joe Rogan podcast that had Ian McCall and Jimmy Smith on it and news to me was apparently Joe Rogan campaigned really hard to get Jimmy Smith to be a UFC commentator. He talked Lorenzo & Dana into it so much that they finally went after him but I guess Viacom buckled down and may have threatened a lawsuit. That was when all the Eddie Alvarez/Bellator stuff blew up. It sucks that it was so close to happening. His contract with Bellator won't be up until 2018.

The podcast itself is pretty good. They rarely talk about the Swanson/Stephens card and mostly talk about other fights past and upcoming.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

1st AD posted:

-How did Jeremy Stephens end up in a title eliminator? I can't remember a single notable win he has at 145. And yet...he's kind of good at fighting now? Want to see him against Nik Lentz or Aloe Vera.

His Rony Jason KO wasn't a notable win in terms of quality opponent but it was notable in that it was amazingly brutal and led to the utter silence of the Brazil crowd as well as Rony cutting up his arm elbowing a door in rage, earning himself a suspension for unsportsmanlike conduct.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Neil Magny's finish this weekend was Not Bad.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
2 pages of people talking about hot fighters with no mention of Arona. For shame.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

in fairness your gf probably hasn't played enough rpgs to correctly identify him as a goblinoid

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

1st AD posted:

-I think Robert Whittaker isn't very good

How can you say this!!?!

I thought he looked pretty dang good tbh. He pretty much barely had to get out of second gear against Rhodes who's supposed to be good.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

MacDougall posted:

How can you say this!!?!

I thought he looked pretty dang good tbh. He pretty much barely had to get out of second gear against Rhodes who's supposed to be good.

I agree, Whitaker is cool. He punched Colton Smith in the face a bunch, I like him.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

my girlfriend said Barao looks like a monkey and cited his victory dance as further proof, then stated she can say that because she's Mexican. it's more fun if watching MMA with your girl is learning about how racist they are

Watching munoz/machida with 30 filipinos was glorious

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Graph of his sister's ransom net-worth. Never forget.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

willie_dee posted:

Anyone know what drugs one could take and get away with it if they were fighting in the UFC? I thought HGH was one of them but I guess that's out now.

Are fighters going to rapidly start shrinking like Badr Hari now?

There are some stem cell treatments that promote testosterone growth that presently aren't tested for yet because they're expensive and extremely experimental.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
My sister: "Johny Hendricks is hot." Conclusion: Chicks be crazy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

obeyasia posted:

Graph of his sister's ransom net-worth. Never forget.

holy moly

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
UFC July - Brown vs Board Shorts of Education
UFC July - The Dagestan Days of Summer
UFC July - Chemical Chaeli

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
just call it NSAC Hearings July

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I tried to get a good joke based upon Wanderlei runs from it, Chael's is hot, and machida, well, you know but I'm not creative enough.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

just call it NSAC Hearings July

This is the winner.

Kensei: I made a thing to add to the GDT because I've got nothing better to do today and I'm a giant nerd. I will not be offended if you don't want to use it. I'll just add it to my Machida scrapbook.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
UFC July - More hot piss than Machida's morning coffee

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mr. Nice! posted:

I tried to get a good joke based upon Wanderlei runs from it, Chael's is hot, and machida, well, you know but I'm not creative enough.

Urine drinkin, balls shrinkin, ogres slinkin

It's a flawed concept

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Agent Tough Juice posted:

This is the winner.

Kensei: I made a thing to add to the GDT because I've got nothing better to do today and I'm a giant nerd. I will not be offended if you don't want to use it. I'll just add it to my Machida scrapbook.

You made a small mistake in Lyoto's strengths

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Oh my bad.

I also forgot to make a pee joke.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC June: Wide Man, Pudgy Man, Irish Man.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Holy poo poo 2 pages of talking about hot fighters and nobody mentioned Anthony Pettis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is the winner.

That is loving magnificent.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
UFC July - NSAC vs. No Sack

e: UFC July - Tour de France edition

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

This is the winner.

fantastic

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Ty1990 posted:

Holy poo poo 2 pages of talking about hot fighters and nobody mentioned Anthony Pettis.

^yesterday when i looked through the rankings to find someone hot my mind did hover over pettis but then i remembered someone (who?) talking about the pettis guida fight and saying guida is more versatile in that he can play barbarians, neanderthals, homeless, whereas pettis can only be cast as a young pharao and that stuck to me and now i find his stupid little beard stupid

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Where the hell is Brandon Thatch anyway?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is the winner.

Dude just make it and use that, you deserve glory. I was going to do it for fun but I have a busy week at work ahead :sigh:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Where the hell is Brandon Thatch anyway?

I thought he injured his knee but apparently it was his shoulder and ankle, should be back later this year

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I thought he injured his knee but apparently it was his shoulder and ankle, should be back later this year

Gotcha. I was trying to think of prospects with 2-3 UFC fights who have any of that special magic that Weidman and Jones seemed to have the first couple times that I saw them fight, and Thatch was one of the few who come to mind. I know that Sakara isn't the biggest win, but he was on a bit of a streak at the time and when Weidman came in as a 4-0 late replacement and took a clear decision I felt like I had just witnessed the debut of a future champ.

Some divisions - 205 especially as it has no fighters with a 2-0 or 3-0 record - are in really bad spots right now as they lack any rising prospects of that sort who look like they could ever challenge for a title down the road.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

My girlfriend thinks he's unattractive and hates his accent. Then again she's dating me so what does that say about her taste?

Is your gf the chick in your av?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I think Matt Serra is hot

and Ray Longo? dreamboat

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

ChampRamp posted:

I think Matt Serra is hot

Look we all know you're being sarcastic about Matt. Grow up. He makes up for it in the kitchen. Have you tried his spaghetti?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ray Longo looks like a large cousin of Nosferatu

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

This is the winner.

This is very special and you are a good man for making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

origami posted:

Is your gf the chick in your av?

haha thank god no

• Locked thread