Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Nothing like a glass full of cum to cure a hangover. Contains all the proteins, salt, amino acids and other good stuff to make you feel right as rain. Secret cure passed down from generation to generation.

also a good burrito with char-grilled steak works wonders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Mallory posted:

well my philosophy on drinking is that theres no point unless you are gonna get blasted so in my case there is no way to drink without losing a day

Thats dumb man

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

You have a bunch of retarded ideas. We get it. We don't need anymore examples. The message got through.

well please enlighten me then mr hentai anime avatar

client
Aug 19, 2010

Mr. Mallory posted:

well my philosophy on drinking is that theres no point unless you are gonna get blasted so in my case there is no way to drink without losing a day

Mr. Mallory posted:

im a straight edge human being

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Brothy noodles.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why is there no point unless you get blasted I don't understand this

schunoko
Apr 29, 2009
The trick is to drink enough that you wake up still drunk. If you can't manage that, eat a breakfast burrito.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
drink water before you pass out. if you didn't do that, drink water when you wake up til you barf, then:

take a dump
jerk off
shower
eat a bunch of gross fried poo poo
barf

get to work buddy you're on A++ form

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Who are you loving kidding take another drink. You think you're gonna impress someone with your sober bullshit? Never not be drinking.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
How has no one suggested weed yet

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
dont drink

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

How has no one suggested weed yet

op declared he is a human being and does not partake

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
taking a poo poo the morning after a night of drinking magically lifts my hangover almost instantly, it's gross and cool

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

I've never had a hangover and I drink a lot, the only time I even got close I just had a beer in the morning and it went away. Everyone's different. My friends always make a lot of eggs and eat them to help with it

edit: also champagne is really common among people I know

Alberto Basalm fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 1, 2014

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ethanol posted:

op declared he is a human being and does not partake

I like to smoke weed but I can't because I will fail piss tests if I do

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Alberto Basalm posted:

edit: also champagne is really common among people I know

no poo poo dude I never drink champagne but once I drank a magnum of cheapo sparkling wine in a single night, resulting in a complete loss of the following day. The equal amount of alcohol in any other form and I would have been fine.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Haverchuck posted:

no poo poo dude I never drink champagne but once I drank a magnum of cheapo sparkling wine in a single night, resulting in a complete loss of the following day. The equal amount of alcohol in any other form and I would have been fine.

Red wine hangovers are the worst I find

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

mookface posted:

sweet stuff is bad news, particularly liqueurs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mookface posted:

Eh. Campagne hangovers are the worst but red wine can be bad cause of all the tanic acids.

personally sweet drinks like mikes (ugh) and ciders is what really makes me feel like absolute poo poo the next day. It's just liver+pancreas overload

edit: shoulda read the last post but yea. gin + tonic is a nice tolerable drink

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Haverchuck posted:

sweet stuff is bad news, particularly liqueurs

I mix it up a lot but I find gin to be the easiest on you. I drink it with soda and lime or diet tonic so the lack of sugar is a factor. Last night I had rum with water and a splash of pineapple juice and the chickenhead ain't too bad actually

Xaris posted:

Eh. Campagne hangovers are the worst but red wine can be bad.

personally sweet drinks like mikes (ugh) and ciders is what really makes me feel like absolute poo poo the next day. It's just liver+pancreas overload

Yeah coolers / fake cider is the absolute worst

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
:lol: if you don't drink straight hard liquor

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mookface posted:

Try one night of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisco

worst hangover of my life there

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Whiskey Sours posted:

Whiskey sours are a cocktail

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch

huskarl_marx posted:

not a cure, just kicking the can down the road. you pay now or you pay later.

This is totally incorrect. If you are experienced with this sort of thing (which isn't a good thing), you know that you can drink just enough to null a hangover and ease into the next day doing pretty good. If you are an alcoholic and can't stop the next day, that's a totally different thing.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Whiskey Sours posted:

are you under 21? straight hard liquor is pretty much just cutting to the chase and getting hosed UP quickly which is loving fantastic when you're young and in college/highschool, but as you get older, having a nice slow burn buzz throughout the night culminating in drunken stupor at the end is a lot more enjoyable than just getting hosed up within the first hour.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Mr. Mallory posted:

Losing a day of drinking is a very scary concept man, please put your brain away.

Best hang over cure is lots of water, sleep and a good gently caress when you wake up.

ethanol posted:

Try one night of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisco

worst hangover of my life there

Try some of this particular Baijiu. It's worse than anything your friends will ever joke about, even Malort.

Rynex fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 1, 2014

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Xaris posted:

are you under 21? straight hard liquor is pretty much just cutting to the chase and getting hosed UP quickly which is loving fantastic when you're young and in college/highschool, but as you get older, having a nice slow burn buzz throughout the night culminating in drunken stupor at the end is a lot more enjoyable than just getting hosed up within the first hour.

I'm 26. Last night I sipped rye for six hours. I also drank a couple free beers. I know how to pace myself.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
Drink relatively few drinks that have a lot of congeners

If you're going to drink a lot drink alcohol with few or no congeners, such as vodka

Drink water while you drink alcohol and drink water before you go to sleep

Have a drink in the morning such as a mimosa or bloody mary and eat something like eggs benedict or migas

obliviums
Oct 2, 2013

The only exercise I get is poopin'

Do you fat-shaming try-hards really know how good ice cream is?

mookface posted:

I'm a busy guy with things to do so I need to get straight and dried out in a hurry

Dude your cure would take at least 2/3 a day and involves drugs. Wtf your really pissing me off that's inconsistent

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Water is the one and only true cure. Several of my doctor buddies have hooked up IVs to themselves after drinking a lot just to hydrate properly and reduce the effects. When you finish drinkin your booze start drinkin h20 it works for me usually.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Heroin works pretty well.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if i feel like a hangover i just puke my guts out because the good feeling of puking cancels out the bad feeling of a hangover creeping up

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
The real key is to drink a glass of water between drinks the night before. Not always possible in a social setting, so chugging like a half gallon/as much as you can of water before passing out is the next best thing.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

amityville anus posted:

if i feel like a hangover i just puke my guts out because the good feeling of puking cancels out the bad feeling of a hangover creeping up

post puke feels so good

but the puke process is so horrid

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
psh puking feels good it is the original way to travel back in time

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
crave case

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Sushi

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Weed doesn't cure your hangover, it just gets rid of it for a few hours which gives you time to do actual hangover cures. Do a wake & bake and then drink lots of water, eat something healthy (why the gently caress do people eat greasy food when hungover that's fuggin gross), take vitamins and painkillers, etc. Don't get high and forget to do all that poo poo, because when you come down your hangover will be back and you'll feel twice as lovely.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

obliviums posted:

Dude your cure would take at least 2/3 a day and involves drugs. Wtf your really pissing me off that's inconsistent

You sound stressed bro sounds like you need a drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
One good cure for a hangover is Vicodin.

• Locked thread