Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Inspired by the ask a troon thread I wanted to do an outreach of my own, from someone who is similarly mentally ill. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at 17, earlier than usual, because my symptoms were well advanced at that point. I had all the classic symptoms such as hearing voices, saying nonsensical phrases, being afraid of getting poisoned or sniped for no reason, thinking random news articles were about me, etc and it all snowballed into an elaborate fantasy where a god-like oracle machine was influencing events in an experiment involving everyone in the universe. I was able to repress these delusions by escaping into the internet and that's why I joined SA in 2007. AMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?
Same.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Do you have different names for your voices? Maybe you fell in love with one?

skunkape.info
Apr 30, 2014
But your regdate is 2009... is this another symptom of the schiz?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

butplug accident posted:

Inspired by the ask a troon thread I wanted to do an outreach of my own, from someone who is similarly mentally ill. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at 17, earlier than usual, because my symptoms were well advanced at that point. I had all the classic symptoms such as hearing voices, saying nonsensical phrases, being afraid of getting poisoned or sniped for no reason, thinking random news articles were about me, etc and it all snowballed into an elaborate fantasy where a god-like oracle machine was influencing events in an experiment involving everyone in the universe. I was able to repress these delusions by escaping into the internet and that's why I joined SA in 2007. AMA

Are you permabanned forum user niggerstomper58?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I experience the same things except voices.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Only an insane person would put this thread in GBS and not A/T where it belongs.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

midnightclimax posted:

Do you have different names for your voices? Maybe you fell in love with one?
no

skunkape.info posted:

But your regdate is 2009... is this another symptom of the schiz?
this is an alt

Shithouse Dave posted:

Are you permabanned forum user niggerstomper58?
i have the full blown schizophrenia, not prodromal

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Are you circumcised OP?

Hamish Campbell
Jan 2, 2006

At least we didn't get dressed up for nothin'
What is the best way to get piss stains out of my cars upholstery?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?
yes

JakeP posted:

Are you circumcised OP?
no

Hamish Campbell posted:

What is the best way to get piss stains out of my cars upholstery?
i do not know

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
What kind of soups do you like to make at home? Can I get a recipe?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
In an unexpected plot twist, have I secretly been you the entire time?

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
Did you get over it?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Would you like to kiss and cuddle me?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

are you on meds and if yes how harsh are they?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Odd posted:

What kind of soups do you like to make at home? Can I get a recipe?
i enjoy making wanton soup

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Would you like to kiss and cuddle me?
no

Mein Eyes! posted:

Did you get over it?
my symptoms are negligible now and my gf didnt suspect anything until i told her

a hole-y ghost posted:

are you on meds and if yes how harsh are they?
i'm on 200mg aripiprazole

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
I went to my doctor about the paranoia, feelings of persecution, and being universally disliked.

"Well Doc, what's the diagnosis?" I asked.
"You're a shithead. Go gently caress yourself, human being." was her reply.
Thanks Obama, I could've gotten the same diagnosis from an internet forum for :10bux:

thanks for sharing op. what's the long-term outlook?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Have you ever thought about chopping your dick off?

True Love
May 26, 2014

by XyloJW
Are you an only child? I am and I don't want to have kids because of my illness but my mother cries all the time about me not having a wife/babymama. Do you plan on having children?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i am the god-like oracle machine influencing events in an experiment involving everyone in the universe from the OP

hi

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

butplug accident posted:

do you think schizos have a potential to be good sci fi authors

asking for a friend(s).

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
why specifically do you not want to give me a kiss and a cuddle?

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

just give the guy a kiss and a cuddle and stop being an rear end in a top hat op

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Of what use are expectations in a universe whose very existence is irrational?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Hi, this is OP here and I'll be answering any further questions from this account, as I fear the other one (butplug accident) may have been compromised.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Bung Harmer posted:

Have you ever thought about chopping your dick off?
that's too hosed up

True Love posted:

Are you an only child? I am and I don't want to have kids because of my illness but my mother cries all the time about me not having a wife/babymama. Do you plan on having children?
i was an only child as well but i plan on having a kid because of my high iq

Moola posted:

i am the god-like oracle machine influencing events in an experiment involving everyone in the universe from the OP

hi
years later i found out that the machine is just multivac from asimov's the last question

Kombotron posted:

do you think schizos have a potential to be good sci fi authors

asking for a friend(s).
the stories would be too esoteric and niche and the writing and dialogue would be too stilted

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

why specifically do you not want to give me a kiss and a cuddle?
i am mentally ill

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
what outfit could i wear for you that you would be more likely to want to give me a kiss and a cuddle?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
What would the voices in your head say to you?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
whats your opinion about jews

how about zeitgeist movement

do you have any cool theories that other people dont accept

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
who is the dog in the picture and what's his look all about i.e. what emotion were you trying to convey? i can't tell if he's smug, chilled out or angry

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
poop

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

who is the dog in the picture and what's his look all about i.e. what emotion were you trying to convey? i can't tell if he's smug, chilled out or angry

Im seeing world weary in his face

that dog has seen some poo poo let me tell you what

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what video games do you like, crazy person?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moola posted:

i would like to see the rest of the picture it might help shed some light he could be pooping, he could be humping, he could be looking at a cat/mailman and the context would help ascertain the emotion.

op do you still have access to the whole picture and if so would you mind awfully posting it?

e: he could be a she, sorry ladies

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
:feelsgood:

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

what outfit could i wear for you that you would be more likely to want to give me a kiss and a cuddle?
please dont troll me

E.Nigma posted:

What would the voices in your head say to you?
the voices would sometimes protect me by trying to predict what would happen if i carried something out. like if someone rang the doorbell a voice might say i will get murdered if i open the door. other times they will criticize me if my grades aren't perfect or if i said something embarrassing. i just ignored them as best as i could

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

what video games do you like, crazy person?
i dont play videogames anymore but i enjoyed the usual 90s pc crap everyone has played like half-life, thief, quake 3, deus ex, system shock 2, etc. the shodan scene where she reveals herself for the first time actually traumatized me. it felt like shodan absorbed me mentally or something

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I don't think you are schizophrenic. I think you might just be stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

Looks more like a mask for a fursuit, is OP or any of the voices a furry?

• Locked thread