Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I just got back from Italy, so this gif was initially "so what?"

In Rome my taxi got passed on the sidewalk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
blk, get her to take unpaid leave. Italy is lovely, she must go with you.

Negromancer posted:

When I was in sicily we were on a city bus that was passing stopped traffic in the oncoming lane. He would just drive in the wrong lane, and when a car came at us he just pushed his way back into the correct lane. This was on a 2 lane street and everyone seemed completely fine with that as well.

One of our taxi drivers in Rome used the oncoming lanes' taxi lane instead of his own, then honked repeatedly at anything attempting to enter that lane from the correct direction because a Jersey barrier prevented him from returning to the right side of traffic until he had finished.

We got a Peugeot 5008 in Naples at 3am to get to the airport and he didn't get out of boost until we were at the airport parking lot getting honked and sworn at by the tiny street sweeper he drove the wrong way down a roundabout to pass.

I sorta wish I could just take Italian taxis all day because it was like an autocross ridealong with much less skill and way more terror. What a country.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

Who is weev?

weev is a guy who kastein sprayed diesel up the butthole of. Later weev went to prison.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Tonight on Wagon Cops: Sifowicz and Carter smell a Volvo

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

Then there's the cars...holy poo poo the cars over here, I need to start taking photos and dumping them on here. Lots of old Citroen, Unimog, Mercs then all sorts of newer little cars that we don't get in the US.

I just got back from Italy and stuffed my flickr with clever little European cars. I love the Fiat Panda in particular.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'll either be getting a Fiat Panda or a VW Polo (both diesel) as my rental next weekend.

Take a bunch of pictures. There's a rumour they'll bring it to Canada only but I have my doubts.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I didn't realize 27 was such a big deal. I'm 28 in July and don't feel particularly old.. except when I hurt my back lifting tires with my back instead of my knees like I did last night.

Don't worry, almost-27-crew, it gets better.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

AHAHAHAHA you are making GBS threads me! Sporting teams are literally named a slang for a woman's period?????

It's Alabama. They're not really well acquainted with womens' health.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

bandman posted:

And that hipster status is reflected in the market. Clapped out, crashed, 250k mile, pre-1987 240s are going for $2000 minimum here in Atlanta.

And they never maintain the loving things either, so as soon as they leave them stranded perfectly pristine 240s end up in the junkyard with a parts-only title until they get crushed for China.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

In my experience, VW Golfs are for twentysomething women and city-dwelling white supremacists on welfare.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Ozmiander posted:

I can hook you up. EJ for a toddler.

I dunno, you didn't specify what kind of EJ you wanted. I wouldn't want whatever kid you trade an EJ25 for.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

I got Wolfenstein New Order.

It was awesome. Dark as poo poo, and double the sex scenes as Mass Effect, but awesome.

I haven't finished New Order yet, I've only gotten up to finding the hideout so have only had one train sex scene.

drat it's good though. When you get the dual loving automatic shotguns in prison and make Nazi soup?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

I thought they showed Roadkill at the end of each month. Neat!

Every 4th Friday.

I needed this episode today.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Motronic posted:

Things get even stupider when we have to start talking about reporting and databases and what data exists and what doesn't even though "it really seem like we have that." Oh, it SEEMS like it? From your view as a salesperson it seems like it? I'm LOOKING AT THE loving TABLES. It is NOT THERE and there is no way to capture it for transactions that occurred in the past.

"Why can't we display that field on the screen?"
"Because it's not in the file, so we can't load it into the database, so we didn't create a column for it in the table, so we can't load that column into the entity to display it on the screen."
"Why don't you just add the field to the screen and have it do nothing, because adding a field takes a long time and I don't want to do this again next release?"
"Adding a field takes a long time because of the stuff I just mentioned, not because of adding a field to the screen..."
(repeat until meeting ends)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Sign at the tip community recycling centre: Limit of 6x25kg bags of soil/rubble in a six-month period. I'm at about 2 tons this week :iamafag:.

My favorite dump story is when I got pooped on by a pigeon while throwing out toilets, and then did a clutch-pop one-wheel-peel burnout in a pile of damp trash to bury it and its friends.

I might even get to buy the Ranger I did it in soon.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Miniature SUVs? PANDA 4X4 SUPREMACY! :black101:

Not gonna lie, as soon as the 2003 Panda 4x4 becomes legal for import I will be trying to figure out how to get one across the Atlantic.

By 2018 its piddly little motor will probably actually make fuel-economy sense for North America.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

next year, you will be able to import 6 year old mexican cars, which includes the 2007-2009 panda that was sold there.

2 years after that, the 2010 focus RSs will be legal.

I thought you could import any Mexican car. I didn't realize they hadn't passed the rule change yet and it's only six year old cars :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
While I was in Italy recently I saw some cops with a Terios.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

HOW is credit rating relavent to insurance risk?????? That blows my mind.

More likely to commit insurance fraud if they're deadbeats in general?

That's the only thing I can think of, and it's certainly not true for STR (though given his near-death experiences and job I'd probably put him firmly in the high risk category anyway, sorry duder).

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

So I guess I'm moving to Cleveland in a year and a half. The girlfriend is at her corporate training and they have pretty much locked her in for a corporate position after her minimum time as a property manager (1 year). Is the song correct, does Cleveland in fact rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I've never heard of youga style before but I'd drive that van if it were real.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Oh the freakiest part? I used NO pb-blaster or wd40. None. They all unscrewed dry.

It's not possible, it's not possible. I'm afeared, paw.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sweet merciful Christ, I can stop trying to get my fix via Jalopnik.

I was feeling moderately guilty for how much of the recent-posts section on the Grassroots Motorsports forum I had occupied.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You probably made the car look sexier by comparison. One of them has a lower curb weight. :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

Pretty sure buying Next Car Game during the Summer Sale was one of my best decisions yet. Box Crown Vic with a locked rear diff and a 500hp V8 makes for a hilarious time with 23 other cars on the track :v:

Oh drat, I didn't realize they added more content. I got in early so I spent all of my time punting around little Euroweenie shitboxes with my giant RWD American landbarge, then inexplicably getting my poo poo shoved in and ending up in 10th.

This is definitely getting fired up tonight.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Your nephew is an rear end in a top hat.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

leica posted:

Apparently giving people poo poo on twitter like I do here is a bad idea.

Tweeted a local radio personality and he was not happy with me haha.

We had a local election where they ran tweets with a certain hashtag largely unfiltered on local TV.

Some of my poo poo-talking of a local radio personality (who was a panelist on live TV at the time) ended up on TV as a result. Proud moment.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Too soon, dude.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
God drat is it ever hard to find straight lumber these days. I can't even get a 4x4 that's worthy of being a fencepost.

trouser chili posted:

Good news! I sold the 76 Nova to "Crazy" Teremus (pronounce ty-remus). He was stoked, and possibly drunk or on drugs. I'm not sure. He said he rode the bus to someplace nearby and bought some cologne, vodka, and beer at Walgreens before he came here. Whatever, he showed up all sweaty and also blathering on about his Prada sunglassess to my wife while apologizing for some reason I'm not sure. He then shoved money in my hand, grabbed the keys and tore rear end down the street shouting "NOOO-VAAA!" out the windows. I'm not making GBS threads. Afterwords my wife looked up his name on casenet, it had several pages.

I think you just met the world's only fourth gen Nova enthusiast. If you run into him again, tell him I know where he can get a two-door.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah honestly I almost bought the 2-door I just mentioned. There's another one that's been gutted, tubbed and put on air suspension with no engine or drivetrain in it on Kijiji too. Slung Blade knows how often I look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Hahahahaha you poor loving bastard ahahahahahah.

Don't let any water into the interior. That white pearl also cannot be inexpensively repaired, it needs whole car blends for even a replacement door.

I got screwed out of a similarly pearl white UrS4 earlier this year and when I recovered from the anger I actually realized what I had dodged. It was like being late to work on 9/11.

Good luck because man am I ever going to be jealous of you when you drive it.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 29, 2014

• Locked thread