Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

June 2 here. First real country to see the new day, bitches :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Idiot.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CharlesM posted:

Why can't you get Warcraft 2 anymore? :(

Blizzard hate games that are actually fun HTH.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kastein posted:

I don't really care about the juke (eh, looks like a small version of the murano, surely nothing to hate there!) but the Kia Soul is still awful and I don't care who says otherwise.

It looks like a cross between a stormtrooper helmet and the rear end end view of one of those caterpillars with the eyespots to scare off predators.

The juke is stupid and half-assed and pointless because a supermini SUV makes no sense whatsoever. The soul on the other hand is an extremely practical and useful car. It has huge internal volume while being relatively compact and boxy on the outside, a gigantic potential cargo area and mechanical underpinnings that are based on a completely ordinary hatchback instead of some bastard-child softroader AWD bullshit vehicle.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Cat Terrist posted:

Forgivee Me Lord, for I have sinned. I drove a Prius today. I truly repent from not hacking that piece of poo poo to peices when I had the chance.

Acceleration in a prius:

Silence, silence, silence *presses accelerator further than half way* THOUSANDS OF PIGS BEING MURDERED IN THE ENGINE BAY, silence.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

By 2019 it will be any new car, but the minimum wage will drop every 2 years until then.

That means in 2019 you'll be able to buy this new in mexico for $15k and bring it up.

Yeah but why would you want to?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Cat Terrist posted:

It wont be. The only Ute like that is the Commodore Ute and that's about to go bye bye.

I used to think falcons were in the same ballpark until I worked on one. Turns out BA falcons are laughably bad mechanically compared to a VZ/VE commy.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You Am I posted:

In what way? Do you mean the leaf spring rear end on the Falcon?

No, I'm meaning the general fit and fitment, the incredibly poor mechanical design decisions, the overall lovely quality of parts both aesthetically and functionally, the fact that it drove by crap by comparison and was less practical despite also being bigger and heavier and having a heavier, thirstier yet less powerful engine. I'm sure that when they're both brand new the differences are slight but once you've packed on 150,000-odd km's there's no comparison. Who the gently caress rivets an engine ecu bracket to a strut tower?

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I have no doubt that they are poo poo. I just kinda like the looks of them and the novelty of actually seeing one in the wild.

Nah, he's wrong. I used to work on Teriii on a daily basis and they rock. I'd definitely take one over equivalent offerings from suzuki or whoever, they're solid and dependable and amazingly capable off-road. They are by no means a 'quality' car but that isn't the same as being a 'good' car.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

All of those except #3 are diametrically opposite of what a dealer does; I can say from first-hand experience that our prices were grossly inflated compared to independents, that 'consumers' are the last loving thing you're worried about when the manufacturer is trying to shove a recall campaign/warranty time up your rear end, and that the car buying experience is as obtuse as possible.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Do this to the Jag and have the best car

Surely this is a live-axle conversion? There doesn't appear to be enough room under there for jaguar's 'special' IRS.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Hahahahaha you poor loving bastard ahahahahahah.

Pretty much this. Those 'discs' cost about $1500 each here and they warp pretty quickly because it turns out making a disc shaped like a drum makes it useless at dissipating heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kastein posted:

Never work on a 10 series Rav4

FTFY. I hate them so much.

• Locked thread