Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Slow is Fast posted:

I'll be 27 in November.

I'm not thrilled about it.

When in November? I'm 28 on the 8th.

I've really enjoyed the last couple years. I'm making decent money, have a job I really enjoy and a business that's profitable on minimal work, and a quite reasonable female companion. I'm also in a hell of a lot better shape than I was in college. I just didn't give a drat about anything in those days and it showed.

angryhampster in college:

angryhampster last fall (bonus SR-71 in background)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I work in retail and I'm a manager, there's no excuse for what I did even if I want the little poo poo to get hit by a car.

Diet change and portion control is why 73 days later I'm down 20 pounds. You need to get rid of the beer and pop altogether, you'll melt pounds off so fast you'll think you have cancer. Switch to just liquor if you need booze in your life.

This was true for me. I just switched to diet soda and *mostly* cut back beer. I'd still get a craft brew from time to time. Now I'm within 5% of my goal weight and workout at least once a day so I eat whatever the gently caress I want and don't really change shape or weight.

Case in point? Tonight's dinner was a pepperoni calzone and a ton of chips and scorching hot queso dip. Washed down with a G&T and a Tallgrass Ethos IPA.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

For the record, I don't miss lovely food at all. If I want spicy chicken wings I baste a chicken breast with one of my hot sauce mixes and bake it. Far healthier and it tastes amazing.

You're right and that's what I should do, but I have ungodly terrible impulse control. That's probably part of the reason I work out so much. I feel like a chump if I don't so now it's almost instinctive that I MUST work out at least once a day.

Luckily (aside from greasy foods) I've avoided dangerous addictions so far.

To counter- balance though I had a normal bowl of Kashi GoLean in almond milk for breakfast and a seasoned ground turkey sandwich on whole grain bread for lunch.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

rscott posted:

Eat whatever you want, just cook it yourself. It's really pretty hard to be unhealthily overweight like this.

That's a bunch of hogwash. A little peanut oil and some panko and you have the best fried EVERYTHING you'll ever eat.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

trouser chili posted:

Running from St. Louis, MO. to International Falls, MN. today. First interstate road trip for the Sportwagen TDI.

Iowa City waves at you collectively as you pass.

cursedshitbox posted:

Seriously considering cinching the axle bolts down and setting the yz jetting in the morning. that fucker is way loud.

250 or 125? I miss my little 125 so much. Learned how to ride on it, and used to ride in the streets when my parents weren't home. I'm sure my neighbors appreciated that.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Cat Terrist posted:

It's an enormous turd. Like, literally one of the worst cars of the time, that and the Terios need to die in a nuclear fire

I rented a Terios in Costa Rica for a week. We took it on some very questionable and steep "roads" without issue. I liked that stupid thing.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

8ender posted:

Same. I had a late nineties one and learned stick shift on it, in Costa Rica. I was doing hill starts in 4WD up insane inclines through a haze of clutch smoke and it took it like a champ.

I named him Terry.

Seriously. I developed a bond with that dinky little car.

He took us down (and back up) slightly frightening wet roads.

He doubled as a pilot car with me at the helm.

..he took us to our honeymoon suite.

e: Here's the view from the other side of that ^ just because it's worth posting:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

that was worth posting. My god, that's perfect!

It was insane. The entire country was pristine. The people were great, and we loved every minute down there. Except for the car rental, everything was really cheap.

Here's a few more just for the poo poo of it.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I think I half-way blew out a knee last night skanking.

I am too old to skank now.

I miss my college years.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

N is for Nipples posted:

So my graphics card is currently in the process of violently and repeatedly making GBS threads the bed. I'm waiting on a response from XFX support but it's supposed to have a double lifetime warranty, and supposedly they're pretty cool with decent replacements. I really hope they don't stick me with some shitbox considering how $$$$ this thing was new.

What model card is it?

I'll probably be in the market for a new graphics card soon as well. My old HIS 4870 is starting to get REALLY hot when gaming. I don't feel like taking it apart again and cleaning it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Iowa City got 4-5" of rain yesterday. My wife hit a puddle that was a great deal deeper than she expected. This is what it did to my poor Maxima's air filter:

The bottom of the airbox was FILLED with water..probably 3-4 quarts. Some obviously made it past the air filter. Of course my project last night was changing the oil/filter (for the 2nd time in 500 miles now), pulling plugs, and tearing apart the 6-7 piece intake system. Good poo poo.

• Locked thread